+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

I was thinking she was mixing cement to put her in within the barrel, which could've come from whatever construction site or warehouse they were fighting at/near. Though, if it's something else, it might fit into what seems to be Mary's power of pulling weapons out of her ass.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've seen a specific ability from SW, either. Suppose they'll pull that out when she finally has to fight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star vs the Forces of Evil Page Turner/Naysaya

Nice pair of episodes, with plenty of character relationship development. "Page Turner" shows that Star can be mature person when she needs to be, and her mother learns to put more trust in her daughter. "Naysaya" was lot funnier than the first part, but also a lot more heartfelt for developing Marco and Jackie’s relationship.

Next Episode suppose deal with Star's crush on Marco and her hidden jealousy with Jackie’s relationship.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I was thinking she was mixing cement to put her in within the barrel, which could've come from whatever construction site or warehouse they were fighting at/near. Though, if it's something else, it might fit into what seems to be Mary's power of pulling weapons out of her ass.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've seen a specific ability from SW, either. Suppose they'll pull that out when she finally has to fight.
    I think Mary's power is supposed to be enhancing weapons. That's why for most part you saw her guns changing form and such so yeah I'd go with the cement or whatever.

SWs power was stated really early but it's not flashy so you don't notice it. Basically she can "hear" the minds of people in distress. That's what allowed her to stay at number 1 from the get go since her power lets her know if basically anyone in the city needs help. Now whether she will realize it's combat utility is another story.

I thought that was a general ability of all the girls. SW just happened to be not lazy about helping.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Nah, that's hers only. If everybody had that I doubt Ruler's crew would've needed to get so shady to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Now whether she will realize it's combat utility is another story.
    Will she though? I can't for the life of me imagine what use "HELP ME" is when you're getting your shit pushed in, but no doubt they're going to do something with it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Will she though? I can't for the life of me imagine what use "HELP ME" is when you're getting your shit pushed in, but no doubt they're going to do something with it.
    They haven't really gone into to much detail but it's more than just help me though. iirc in a couple episodes where it shows her finding people she isn't just hearing that someone is in distress she is hearing what is troubling them. Like iirc specifically when they saved people from fire she knew they were still troubled but would be fine or something. That girl she helped (who kind of resembles Alice imo might explain her loyalty to SW from the beginning and is similar to how the dream girl accidentally helped Swim swim) iirc had just figured out she was locked out and SW had a key to help before she could even vocalize it.

So it seems like in essence a very narrow form of telepathy with strict requirements for it to even work. Assuming she can throw herself into battle the same way she does into helping people and basically intimidate her opponents she could in theory basically get a complete read on them as it relates to the fight. Of course like you said if she is getting her shit pushed it likely wont do anything since opponent would have no reason to be distressed

Did anyone watch Suisei no Gargantia?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Did anyone watch Suisei no Gargantia?
    Yep. I'd imagine a few of us here did

A while ago, yeah.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I finally got around to watching it recently. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was decent never did get around watching the OVAs though

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Future-Worm

What a waste of a show. it's created by Ryan Quincy "Out There" one of my favorite cancelled animated series of 2013 and this the best he can do? what kills me it's filled with guest stars, and good ones at that. Charlyne Yi, Noel Wells, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Justin Roiland and list goes on, but they are given very unfunny lines to work with. considering awful rating, and zero hype for this show. I wouldn't be surprised if gets cancelled after first season.

I don't know how they made Justin Roiland unfunny..

The show clearly has a lot of love in the background designs and animation style, what a waste.

Star vs the Forces of Evil Blood Moon Ball/Sleepover

Decided to re-watch these two episodes before mid-season finale. "Sleepover" was pretty good overall. Marco was finally forced to reveal his crush on Jackie but actually questioned whether what he felt was legit. I got a laugh when Marco tried to back out of the game and Star wand-blasted his ass and dragged him back. With "Blood Moon Ball", I've actually been hoping for Star X Marco hints since the first preview of the series, but now that it's actually happening... eh. At the very least, it feels off for Marco to have shown no interest in Star at all, and now they are being put together by Blood Moon destiny due to him being overprotective.

Now to see how everything goes next week, especially with Promo poster.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yuri on Ice is being a whole lot the opposite of "Yuri" on Ice. That being said, I can't help but keep watching >_>;;;. I have to admit the show is really well done.

There's a buzzfeed video (which I hate to admit watching because... buzzfeed...) that shows it's actually a big hit with professional figure skaters as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haha, yeah, it's surprisingly comfortable with going further and further with that man2man fun

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyone who isn't enjoying the show because of the intense man-love needs to get the fuck over themselves.

It's such a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Anyone who isn't enjoying the show because of the intense man-love needs to get the fuck over themselves.

It's such a great show.
    I thought this went without saying.

For shame.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

It's such a great show.
    I hate it because the title is so misleading. I was expecting intense woman-love. Just call it yaoi on ice geez