+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Given Japan's fascination with traps, what if they really are girls?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What about all the bathhouse scenes then?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I hate it because the title is so misleading. I was expecting intense woman-love. Just call it yaoi on ice geez
    BUT 2 OF THE 3 MAIN CHARACTERS ARE NAMED YURI!!!!!!! AND THE SONG HE USES FOR HIS SKATE IS CALLED YURI ON ICE!!!!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pokemon Sun & Moon Ep1

Very good start, the show is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying the new art style and how they using it. the animation in the battles is great too. I may actually continue with this series, as I haven't seen any Pokemon series beside the original 12 episodes and first movie.

https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/27...ting-creatures
    Even Yoshimichi Kameda(Studio Bones Animator and director of Mob 100) did Animation for the show.
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/27...res-effects-fi

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

For some reason... that sun and moon pokemon pic sort of goes along with whats being said in the thread haha

Its kind of the reaction I had, when I was loading up sankakucomplex earlier with a recent post about yuru on ice and the gifs it has... dam you 4K resolution webpage view size and highspeed japanese internets

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    BUT 2 OF THE 3 MAIN CHARACTERS ARE NAMED YURI!!!!!!! AND THE SONG HE USES FOR HIS SKATE IS CALLED YURI ON ICE!!!!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Sure I know that after start watching it but expectations when you see the title man!

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sure I know that after start watching it but expectations when you see the title man!
    That't the best part (and the joke, really)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Pokemon Sun & Moon Ep1

Very good start, the show is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying the new art style and how they using it. the animation in the battles is great too. I may actually continue with this series, as I haven't seen any Pokemon series beside the original 12 episodes and first movie.

https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/27...ting-creatures
    Even Yoshimichi Kameda(Studio Bones Animator and director of Mob 100) did Animation for the show.
    https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/27...res-effects-fi
    I'm all for the new animation style. I really like how much more fluid and dynamic the characters feel. I dunno how closely I'll keep up with it but I'll probably keep an eye out for really good episodes every now and then.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, Haikyuu has been awesome this season but that's a given. This cour is only supposed to have 10 episodes yeah? I can see this game ending in 2 episodes and the last one being a "conclusion -> onto the next one" episode. I was hesitant how much I'd enjoy 10 episodes dedicated to 1 match but they've done a really good job of making it not feel overly dragged out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wait its only 10? I binged the whole thing and got caught up 2 weeks ago. So worth it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, not a full cour let alone 2 like the first 2 seasons

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Atomic Puppet Ep 4-13

my opinion hasn't changed from first 3 episodes. Atomic Puppet is a enjoyable new superhero show that have likeable characters, awesome background designs, and fun fight scenes. Mercury Studio went all out with the Animation as they usually take 12-15 months for single 10 minutes episode. It's really sad Disney US is treating it like garbage. first airing at 10 am once a week with zero repeats and good luck finding it in Disney App(I had to make an Itunes CA account to watch the new episodes).

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Drifters had an incredible episode this week, it felt like a movie. Incredible direction and choreography.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Drifters had an incredible episode this week, it felt like a movie. Incredible direction and choreography.
    ^ This. Drifters is amazing and keeps getting better and better with each episode. Animations, choreography, direction is amongst the best I´ve seen in an anime. The only department it´s a little lacking imho is the soundtrack. Not a huge fan of it really.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Bungo Stray Dogs:

I was prepared to be let down after the flashbacks even though I liked Season 1, but, a few pleasant surprises aside, the pacing so far seems to be awfully off. I don't know if they're trying to go through too much source-material because they lost a few episodes to the flashbacks, but it feels like they're rushing from one point to another with too much going on in too many places at once. In particular the two latest episodes felt like Atsushi was just rushing from one burst of angst to another.

Generally, many characters, in particular their abilities, get too little screentime to be fully appreciated. Q in particular was hyped way too much to be taken out of the picture so quickly, unless there will be opportunities in the future (which there probably will be, but given the current pace, I somewhat doubt it will be satisfying). Though I suppose that's also a natural problem when a larger cast is introduced at once.

I'm really hoping for improvements here, in particular in regard to Atsushi - after the series gave us Sakunosuke, Atsushi's self-loathing and lack of self-esteem is starting to be irritating; Dazai just slapping him out of it was more than welcome, though it didn't help at all, apparently.

Bloodivores:

I still don't know why I'm watching, the greater story seems to be interesting, but most characters (the four main characters in particular) appear to suffer from mental illnesses or are just plain dumb (though given their backgrounds, maybe that's the point).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For Bloodivores I think that was kind of the point. Either the specific things that have happened or just living as literally 2nd class citizens kind of fucks you up.

My main concern is the pace they are slowly unraveling the greater story and developing characters and backgrounds and fact they haven't even really figured out what's going on is barely on track for what you'd expect leading up for a mid seasons finale soon... which would be totally fine if it wasn't for the fact the series ends in 4 episodes. Which kind of is a large part of the problem with the whole make almost every series only half season length. So many of them either don't know how to set a pace for that or have a story that you just can't and it ends with eventual disappointment as it feels as the series was really just begining

Yeah, the pacing for the show is pretty atrocious. The robbery/fake execution could've been one episode. Encounter the monsters, the group splitting up, and the one guy killing them all could've been the second. Exploration and partial reunion could've been the third, which more or less us puts where this episode ended. Either way, I don't expect a satisfying ending, nevermind the animation being pretty atrocious at times.

Occultic Nine also kinda sorta hit its twist, but if it's only getting 4-5 more episodes, it's gonna suffer from the same issue.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star vs. The Forces of Evil-Bon Bon the Birthday Clown(quick Impression)

I am not going to post any spoilers until episodes air, but WOW they seriously going to leave us like this until next year?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star vs. The Forces of Evil-Bon Bon the Birthday Clown

That was a hell of an emotional roller coaster. I don't think I ever expected to see a dramatic episode as this one when the series originally debuted, but I loved it. it was packed wit everything. Lore, plot, comedy, and the cast growing while still being themselves. Star seems to be fully understanding her feelings at this point. she knows that it was all her fault, her emotions of jealousy toward Marco and Jackie's relationship made her Lose everything. Marco also knows that Star is not telling the whole story, and that there is something beyond losing the Spell book and Glossaryk that is effecting her. I am excited to see how the rest of Season 2 will go.

Loved Jackie and Marco's interaction. she is such an enjoyable character.

Star's jealousy.

I didn't think the episode would end is such a sour note.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Shiny Prison just got a second cour starting January. Isn't that basically just an extension of the current season?