+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Revelation Online (MMO from China)

NetEase games is the publisher for WOW in China. They rake in billions, so they decided to use that money to make a AAA mmo called Revelation Online. They already have a publisher here in the west. It's my.com (makers of Skyforge), so the game will be coming out here sooner rather than later.

Key features :

- The game is a seamlessly huge open world with dynamic weather and day/ night cycle.

- It's Action Combat similar to other titles like Blade and Soul or Tera.

- The game has flying with wings just like in Aion, but with no stamina system and you can fly in every area.

- Character customization is extensive with both male and female (no gender lock). You can chose between Old adult, Young adult, or a loli version.

- Has instance dungeons and 20 man raids.

- Has instance pvp battle grounds and arena's.

- Has a social system to gain influence from NPC's.

- Personal and Guild housing.

- Castle Sieges, Guild vs. Guild and Server vs Server warfare.

Those are the basics, if you want to know more info you can check out the My.com website :

https://ro.my.com/en/about?lang=en_US

Announcement Trailer

Open World Video

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Classes

Gunslinger: They are a range single dps class, Gunslingers have few control skills and are less effective in melee combat.

Vanguard: They are the Tank class. Does small melee dmg, but can wear the heaviest gear and take tons of dmg.

Swordmage: I know the name kinda throws you off, but this class is a range magic aoe class (like a wizard or a sorc). They are the glass cannons of the game.

SpiritShaper: This is the pet class, and they can also heal pretty well. Due to this they are usually stuck as main healers rather than dps'ers.

Occultist: This is a cc,dot,aoe class. They can deal damage while siphoning enemy health. They can also siphon their own heath to heal others. So they can be a healing class as well.

Blademaster: A melee in your face dps class with excellent control and escape skills.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

First impression/Review

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

looks cool, if it's F2P I'll try it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My.com certainly has room for improvement with skyforge, but despite all the hate it gets I rather like the game. Too bad its not very good at letting major level differences play together.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm keeping an eye on this one. Character customization seems crazy deep.

Character Customization Options:
    1. Level up your character. (Can stay at a certain level if you like and continue to earn exp.)
    2. Guild Bonus. Increase your stats via Guild Bonuses.
    3. Builds. Can have multiple builds (PvE, PvP) and swap between them on fly.
    4. Talent Trees. Each skill has a talent tree.
    5. Special Skills. From what I've read looks like these unlock as a fight progresses?
    5a. Each of the special skills have a skill tree for further development.
    6. Milestones. Reaching various milestones unlock stat boosts, class mounts, ect.
    7. Soul Grid. Looks like Bopae+Gem System/Manastone/ect kind of system. The higher quality the disc, the more slots it has.

Source: https://ro.my.com/en/news/announceme...er-development

From all the reading I've done on it, the word is it runs pretty good as well. That's one of my major gripes about a lot of these Eastern MMOs that promise large scale PvP. I'm one of those people that enjoy PvE and PvP pretty much equally. Luckily this game runs on its own proprietary engine instead of licensing Unreal, CryEngine or some other bullshit engine that can't really handle MMOs.

I love the art style of many Eastern MMOs, but they always fail when it comes to optimization (I'm looking at you Aion, Blade&Soul, Tera, and from the west SWTOR, *IllumFail*)

Seems a little too good to be true. But we'll see.

My usual concern is what happens when you hit level cap. If it's just PvP or Raid, no thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just curious what would you prefer at end game? More of a sandbox style of play with farming, mount rearing etc., ? Or additional battle content?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Founders Packs announced today:
    All packs include CBT access.

$17.99
    $59.99
    $89.99

Source: https://ro.my.com/en/founders-packs

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Last country I want to give my money to is China, so pass.

EDIT: Because they already get enough since everything is made there. hur hur

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ya, not too interested in China aside from what kind of game they ouptut. I just don't think it wise to give info to Chinese companies, given everything else they do.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pretty interested in this but I fully expect my.com to fuck players over later on. There are a lot of good things being said about this MMO so it seems worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    Just curious what would you prefer at end game? More of a sandbox style of play with farming, mount rearing etc., ? Or additional battle content?
    It's not a simple answer since I'd argue it'd begin as early as character creation, but that's me envisioning more of a perfect scenario. Stuff like all classes available on one character and sensible cross-classing (basically better than XI and XIV handled theirs).

But in general, I'd lean toward things that would apply to battle content. It means crafting can't be automatically worse than raid loot (and in the perfect world nothing wearable would ever actually drop from anything). Gear needs enough variety so you're not full-timing a singular set for a certain tier, instead adapting to what you expect to face. Open world events need to be constantly cycling, and with enough variety, that a solo player can just up and join with others whenever they please and still walk away with some worthwhile progress and hopefully minimizing boredom. Have some sort of bounty system where certain conditions the player meets would spawn NMs to take down. Make flexible dungeon systems you can run anywhere from solo to the standard party size, but said dungeons should also be randomly generated in both map and monsters with bonuses to find to better reward exploration.

Then envision something like XI's trust system, but we're then given full power to customize their appearance, gear, and move set, too. The economic benefit would basically be multiplying demand based on however many people were willing to manage. Real players would generally be "better" to play with, but the goal would be to help curb people from being unable to really experience content at their preferred pace, even if mix-and-matching group compositions with AIs and fellow players. And where some think the insanity of 1000v1000 PvP would be cool, I feel just as much enjoyment could be derived from mass monster invasions/defenses where the more people invest in the system, the better the likely outcome, which could then influence how the affected zone "is" for a time, like some mobs might not be as numerous, while others get more plentiful. Unique quests could be available, etc..

So, in a way, I guess it's sandbox-ish, but I've never played stuff like Skyrim to fairly compare and haven't really held things like chasing vanity items as the alternative endgame others thing people should be content with if they don't like the raid/pvp scene. I have no real issue with doing harder stuff shortening the grind when successful, but I do believe one should have an alternative means to the same destination, presuming fair play. And the only way that's really possible is if stuff like trading isn't heavily restricted and you don't monopolize sources of ingredients. Looking at it more broadly, I want the sense of role-playing to go beyond simply where you sit in the trinity.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh I hear you, I definitely miss that 'something', but I have a hard time placing my finger on what it is. You pretty much summed it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    It's not a simple answer since I'd argue it'd begin as early as character creation, but that's me envisioning more of a perfect scenario. Stuff like all classes available on one character and sensible cross-classing (basically better than XI and XIV handled theirs).

But in general, I'd lean toward things that would apply to battle content. It means crafting can't be automatically worse than raid loot (and in the perfect world nothing wearable would ever actually drop from anything). Gear needs enough variety so you're not full-timing a singular set for a certain tier, instead adapting to what you expect to face. Open world events need to be constantly cycling, and with enough variety, that a solo player can just up and join with others whenever they please and still walk away with some worthwhile progress and hopefully minimizing boredom. Have some sort of bounty system where certain conditions the player meets would spawn NMs to take down. Make flexible dungeon systems you can run anywhere from solo to the standard party size, but said dungeons should also be randomly generated in both map and monsters with bonuses to find to better reward exploration.

Then envision something like XI's trust system, but we're then given full power to customize their appearance, gear, and move set, too. The economic benefit would basically be multiplying demand based on however many people were willing to manage. Real players would generally be "better" to play with, but the goal would be to help curb people from being unable to really experience content at their preferred pace, even if mix-and-matching group compositions with AIs and fellow players. And where some think the insanity of 1000v1000 PvP would be cool, I feel just as much enjoyment could be derived from mass monster invasions/defenses where the more people invest in the system, the better the likely outcome, which could then influence how the affected zone "is" for a time, like some mobs might not be as numerous, while others get more plentiful. Unique quests could be available, etc..

So, in a way, I guess it's sandbox-ish, but I've never played stuff like Skyrim to fairly compare and haven't really held things like chasing vanity items as the alternative endgame others thing people should be content with if they don't like the raid/pvp scene. I have no real issue with doing harder stuff shortening the grind when successful, but I do believe one should have an alternative means to the same destination, presuming fair play. And the only way that's really possible is if stuff like trading isn't heavily restricted and you don't monopolize sources of ingredients. Looking at it more broadly, I want the sense of role-playing to go beyond simply where you sit in the trinity.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You build your guild hall/house on the back of a world boss (how cool is that ?) . The world boss will protect your guild hall while your away ! Inside you can have personal rooms for your guild mates, and they can decorate it however they like. Get together with your guild mates in the main hall to plan your next move !!

Going to give it a try when beta opens. If anything, it will be a nice time sink for a bit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Day 1 because of that housing video

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post

In the sense of loot and character progression, I have always favored games and systems where it's easy to hit about 80% potential but you really have to work (skill, drops, a small bit of RNG, crafting, grinding, some side upgrading system, any and all of the above) to get to 100% potential. I don't really have a great example for this but Pokemon kind of works for it: it's easy enough to get yourself the desired 'mon, make sure it has the right egg moves you want, held item, TMs, and level. Then you get into the minutia of nature, EVs, IVs, abilities, and building a team around it. You can ignore all of that and still have a "decent" 'mon but you're going to fall short of others who put in just a little more effort than you. There's infinitely more to this example that I'm not gonna bother bogging this thread down with, but gets the idea across.

The other aspect is that there has to be stuff to DO and a reason to do it. You can have the most interesting progression system in the world but nobody cares if you have a lack of self-sustaining content. XI scores high points here during its endgame peak (CoP-ToAU) for reasons everyone knows: everyone needs shit from everything.

XI (75 era) and XIV miss the mark in different ways on this, primarily syndromes of "too many options, so a lot of them have to suck" and "disproportionate reward incentives" respectively.

Well, my usual stance is that MMO endgames tend to become pretty limited if you can't fit into the raiding paradigm. I don't advocate eliminating raiding, but when you stop to consider such things usually see 10-15% clearance rates when they're "current" then you realistically wind up with a game 85-90% of players are missing out on.

That said, I'm in general agreement that just hitting max level shouldn't have you at peak ability. Different types of grinds should placate different kinds of play styles, where at the end of it all, none is implicitly superior or the "wrong way to play" as tends to be the end result of non-optimal play. The rest really just involves some people "getting over it" and laying off the welfare rhetoric and other common put-downs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you all are into Role Playing, Revelation Online features a Love Point system and a Marriage system.

Love Point System

Love Points indicate how much time you have spend with somebody in the game and how much you "like" him or her.They can be obtained if you have the other person on your friends list and you make them as your mentor.

They can be obtained by spending time together in a group, clearing dungeons together, using the spa mentoring buff on each other, grinding mobs together and so on.

You can use love points at the love npc for costumes, buffs, and special intimate emotes. The max points you can get is 6000 love points.

Marriage System

If you want to get married you need to boost your love points to greater than 6000 points. So you need to do love quests from the love npc. Then you need a partner (same sex or opposite sex doesn't matter), then you need 3000 Love Points with your partner.

You can have a fast Las Vegas style wedding for 50,000 gold or you can go for the big traditional wedding with your friends and guild mates for 300,000 gold.

Benefits from being married include a Title (you partners name), buffs, new skills and abilities for married people only, super intimate emotes, and a larger room at the turtle inn for both of you to share.

If the Marriage doesn't go as planed you can always divorce your partner for 10,000 gold if your partner agrees to it. Or you have to pay 300,000 gold to strait up get rid of your partner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast