+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 126 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got Fang's EX with tickets, decided to Realize her and invest ingots into her, even though she is bad, because....... I like her? /shrug, will hold briefly at 1/3 because Ultimecia will demand 3 ingots and WoL 1 ingot.

Edit: Threw up Cloud EX+ up for Chaos, let me know if anyone wants Quistis, I'll switch back to Quistis only for summon board events otherwise.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cleared new chaos on second try, but need to go back for score and turn count.

76 Turns (Missed by 1 -_-)
    Cloud: 3/3 -- Has WoI passive
    Serah
    WoL
    Shiva

Really don't enjoy this fight due to the buffs and debuffs. If Max BRV down hits Cloud, he goes from around ~35k brave down to 23k, which cripples DPS. The WoI passive is bonkers good here, especially since it triggers twice on his EX skill. If I can clear the first 4 rounds faster, I can probably get mastery next attempt.

EDIT: I also have Cloud up as friend unit. I'll switch back to Quistis when Leviathan hits.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Cleared new chaos on second try, but need to go back for score and turn count.

76 Turns (Missed by 1 -_-)
    Cloud: 3/3 -- Has WoI passive
    Serah
    WoL
    Shiva

Really don't enjoy this fight due to the buffs and debuffs. If Max BRV down hits Cloud, he goes from around ~35k brave down to 23k, which cripples DPS. The WoI passive is bonkers good here, especially since it triggers twice on his EX skill. If I can clear the first 4 rounds faster, I can probably get mastery next attempt.

EDIT: I also have Cloud up as friend unit. I'll switch back to Quistis when Leviathan hits.
    Had to redo it 5x because this is one of those "need way lower turn count then on record and no HP lost to get target score" fights.

Finally mastered Fang Chaos at 69 turns, 3814 HP lost and was only 120 points over the target score. Did this with Cloud EX+ MLB and WoI weapon passive, WoL, and Sherlotta, Ifrit summon, and friend Cloud EX+ MLB.

Had to switch WoL to ATK passive, which made his shield way squishier (near end Heavens Bolt one shots it with one hit), but it allowed EX to boost DMG for HP heals. Used summon for when it looked bad, I. E. Both at killshot BRV with no way to break them.

Cloud WoI is a godsend for this to get rid of pesky buffs, no way to remove debuffs, but doesn't matter too much since near end Clouds DMG goes down enough that it doesn't hurt as much.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Knocked out the heretic chaos in one go (thankfully) with Cloud 2/3, WoL and Sherlotta. 79 turns, it was dicey lol. Ramuh summon on the dragons to save turns, 3/3 Cloud friend on the scorp, good times.

Not looking forward to Fang's chaos but I'm probably going to try Cloud, Serah and Porom as my first team.

I'm telling you, Cloud's WoI weapon is worth its weight in gold. Getting rid of nasty buffs, especially speed buffs, is so relieving.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I had to gem revive once for the clear on Fangs Choas stage. I'll go back in later for another shot tomorrow after I get Cloud 3/3 and Temper WoLs weapon.

Temper is my headcanon for realize because realize is a stupid name.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well that was unexpected. Garland EX and 35 in under 20 tickets.

Thank you rngesus

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Grats Starby! I finally got sherlottas EX 10k short of pity lol, but least have it now.

Seems to make up for it game gave me garlands EX and 35 within 25 tickets!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Threw 35 tickets and got Garland EX and 35. Probably won't invest into him right away due to ingot shortage.

Threw my head against the chaos for a few runs. Took about 5 actual wins to get complete it. Completion run was:

WoL (EX+ 0/3)
    Cloud (EX+ 3/3)
    Sherlotta
    Friend: Sherlotta
    Summon: Ramuh

60 Turns
    0 Breaks
    0 HP DMG

Played fight normally for the first half or so. When it got below half HP, and I was able to summon, I replaced Cloud with a friend Sherlotta and did Sherlotta things. Turns and HP requirement on this one isn't very fun.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Cleared with usual Cloud/wol/sherlotta team. Not gonna try for mastery, not worth my sanity for 400 gems and 3 tickets.

Grats Ice on the pulls! Also got Garland 35/EX with tickets and same situation. Doesn't help ingot situation that Agrias will immediately follow Ultimecia and require ingots as well. Thankfully FEoD beta drops at same time according to datamine.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Got Garland’s Ex and 35 in 4 pulls, wiped out my gems but at least I got it fairly quickly.

I’ve already got WoL’s Ex, does anyone recommend Ex+ing either of these weapons?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For WoL, you would need minimum 1/3 LB to reach full potential (turns EX into 4 hits), 2/3 when ingots are more plentiful.

For Garland, you will have to MLB to reach full potential, his LB3 gives a huge BRV refund when using EX which helps his DMG alot.

Also as a FEoD notice (beta is coming Dec 4 according to datamine), start planning a balanced team with your ingots, so an equal distribution among PHY/MAG as well as supports, because FEoD will have floors with PHY immunity or MAG immunity and it functions just like Heretics.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Lots to think about in regards to Ex+ weapons, thanks for the advice.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Next burst revealed and it's our favorite XI professor - Shantotto! Her burst music is "Iron Colossus" and her burst skill is Retribution. Combined with Alisaie EX+, going all out on this banner on my JP account!

Edit: Her burst is Vidohunir, not Retribution according to the data breakdown and her burst weapon is called Plenitas Virga, which I assume is that lvl 4 skillchain relic staff, because I only know it's not Empyrean and Mythic was her EX.

Edit2: Name was ringing a small bell, so I looked it up on BGwiki and sure enough, it's the staff from Provenance Watcher (Voidwatch final boss).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I retried Fang ex and I really need to revise my strat because Cloud 3/3, Sherlotta and WoL 0/3 and I can't complete it. I really dislike this fight.

I 1 shorted Garland's chaos with Cloud, Ramza, WoL. Sherlotta friend and Shiva. He was a joke compared to the shitty sahagins. Just go all out to make the turn count.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Does your Cloud have the WoI weapon passive?

I used the same team for Garland's Chaos (except friend Cloud and Ramuh) and while it was easy to clear, I went much too far over the turn count, ending closer to 80 than 65. I also lost a few extra HP during that time that WoL couldn't heal Q_Q. Gotta try a different team for that one next time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Got a Krile EX with ~65 tickets! That's all I wanted on that banner, I'm so happy, booked it right away. Not sure if I want to ingot it yet with Ace, Squall and Ulti coming so soon... guess I'll see what I can clear first. Nice that they gave us some QoL with the summons not having their veils anymore...didn't expect that one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Grats Sil! I had a similar experience. 120 tickets got me 2x Zell and 1 Krile.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

35 tickets got Zell and Kriles EX

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Mastered Levi board with WoL, Sherlotta, and Cloud and re-ran Fang Chaos.

Danced through it in 65 turns with the aforementioned team, Sherlotta friend and Shiva.

I don't know if I got lucky, they nerfed the fight, or that 1 summon board was such a big improvement, but I couldn't even get close to the turn requirement before and this time I did it in under 10.

Whatever it was I'm glad it's done. I failed this fight so many times

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

They didn't nerf it, summon boards really do make an absolutely monster difference. All those multipliers in buffs being added to the extra base stats you get from boards...let's just say I tend to axe friend units who don't do their boards. GL's sped up schedule is going to be so beneficial for us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag