+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh that's pretty cool. I can't wait until we get burst weapons... although I'm sure I'm gonna be salty af.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which of the current banners would be good to pull on? Idk which characters are good anymore and it seems even with a level 70 EX+ Squall he’s still awful. So before I waste gems, I thought I’d ask.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Squall is still absolutely fine, better if you purple him. He needs a party built around him to support him though. I was still considering ingoting him because he's one of the best physical dps we have currently.

Of the banners that are up, Emperor is the best, definitely get him if you can. He's meta for pretty much ever as one of the top magic dps because of his unique trap mechanics. Yuffie and Bartz are okay - I personally pulled for Yuffie and plan to max her but ymmv on how useful she is because she has the unique yet niche mechanic of stealing buffs and throwing debuffs back. Bartz gives great party auras with Simple Mastery and has a gravity shave so he'd be good to round out a roster.

Eiko and Seph are both pretty good. Eiko is a buffer/healer with big holy damage; her drawback is she puts up a lot of generic buffs that can be wiped or replace other party members' generic buffs. Seph is a selfish dps but has a -10% speed debuff aura with Jenova stacks and his EX brings enemy brv down to 0 as well as gives a free skill use. Auron/Maria banner is a skip. Golbez banner coming up that replaces Emperor banner is good specifically for Golbez; he is a mixed phys/magic attacker with dark damage but none of that really matters because his 3/3 EX+ dark imperils targets which makes them weak to everything he does (suck it, enemies).

tl;dr pull Emperor, pull Eiko if you need a healer, pull Bartz or Seph if you need a single target dps, pull Yuffie if you want her niche skills/AoE damage, Golbez is coming and will do even better AoE damage than her.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So I finished Act 2 Final chapter part 2 on JP and they did hint at who the Act 3 chapter 1 character might be.

Spoiler: show
    Onion Knight finds his memory fragment and reunites with Desch who (guessing, don't read JP) he talks to and I guess? Says he remembers something, so good chance they are setting up OK remembering he is Luneth.

Spoilers for Act 2 Final Boss:
    Shinryu from NT

Also spoilers for how Act 3 starts.

Dark Crystal explodes and WoL Shields the group, but the explosion scatters the group to different worlds, so looks like Act 3 is reuniting the gang again. Also epilogue has WoL holding a memory fragment and sparring with Garland.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Completed and beat Lufenia difficulty Act 2 final boss, it's not anything like Cosmo to Chaos jump, it's just simply more stats Chaos, so need ATK buffs and LDs do help.

Revenge counter is only for post Max gauge ultimate attacks to prevent infinite delaying of ultimate attacks, can still infinite turn delay like normal otherwise.

Reward for Lufenia is 20 high armor tokens which can be exchanged for 7* armor (need to purple EX+ armor to buy and they can't be LB, just like bursts). Can't find info and don't read JP, but I think these armors increase ability DMG by 15% and break DMG cap to 12000 DMG (basing this just on the JP wording including 15% and 12000 BRV in the description).

Spoiler for Lufenia strat I used:

Sorta copied a team from YouTube which gave me info on the boss (Reddit has absolutely no info on this fight). My team was Noctis LD/BT, Sherlotta EX+, and Basch LD/EX+, friend Amidatelion,
    Ramuh summon.

Shinryu both phases have very annoying auras that change every turn. His auras are: No chase, No brv regeneration (ugh for Sherlotta), brv dmg immunity, and no healing. So Noctis is key to turn delaying to prevent unfavorable auras.

Phase 1: Nothing too special, conserve Noctis LD and burst and summon for P2.
    Phase 2: He LOVES Brv dmg immunity and no brv Regen, so Noctis needed to kill him w/o him taking a turn, used LD alongside EX+ to give free turn to 65 Ability to give extra + turns for his skill. Only used burst + summon when boss was 100% attacking next turn.

Switched out Basch for Amidatelion for summon and blasted Shinryu next turn to oblivion, which gave the team enough turns to kill him.

Edit: Bought Squall's high token armor and it does indeed increase his BRV hits to 11540 as well as his DMG cap, so pretty awesome. Also the DMG break varies from 10-15%, I saw Amidatelion and WoL have 10900 instead. Also fun note, Strago high token armor is the squirrel suit! lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh good
    another turn delay meta, just what we needed. I miss the days where we could use different comps to achieve a win instead of using the same 2 charas over and over to bypass enemy turns.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So the Dev team changed with Eight LC and Kurasame event how the revenge counter works.... for the worse. They now act like FFRK "Dead End" Torment ability, where full 99k DMG party wipe, ignoring all DMG reduction abilities.

The only way to prevent them from triggering is using the featured characters mechanic, so for Eight, 1 counter trigger shuts down the revenge counter. For Kurasame, turn count starts at 15 when 80%/30% hits and gets delayed by 1 turn for each ice damage done, revenge counter goes away when hitting 50%/0% respectively.

This makes Lufenia require specific characters and pulling the banner character.

I would be fine with this, but not when High Guard Tokens are at stake, I just hope you can gem revive clear get the tokens.

Edit: Redid the Kurasame Lufenia with maxed out EX+/LD Kurasame and some clarification on the fight: Ice attacks do delay the revenge counter, but only by 1 enemy turn, so you only need 1 ice attack to freeze the counter then turn delay like normal. 30% is easy since you can Shiva summon freeze both turn counters and use friend Amidatelion to turn oblivion them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Haven't played in about a week. I'm only logging on now to do my free pulls.

Iggy/Zack gave me nothing, but I had Zack already so insta purple.

Free pull on King/Eight gave me Eights full kit. He seems really strong.

At this rate I'll probably uninstall soon. The desire to play is gone, Chaos and summon boards broke me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Im happy, managed to get Aranea 35 and 70 on 2nd pull, quite the contrast to my Beatrix fail last year.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

https://www.siliconera.com/the-37-di...-to-her-roots/

charging $37 for this shit go fuck yourself Square Enix!

ok back to never logging into BG ever again

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

1 year necro, i started playing this again recently. Anyone still playing this? I managed to clear a couple of Lufenia difficulties and the game got pretty fun now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I still play it and yeah they managed to keep things interesting with lufenias and Abyss while somehow still being casual friendly.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

834573002 is my ID if you’d like to add me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been playing this while my FFRK activity has gone by the wayside. Iroha is coming up in about a month and I'm absolutely ready for her.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I’m honestly hype for Faris, and we’re getting Tifa next month.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I’m playing still but mostly just doing enough to get the daily rewards and a daily draw. I’m not really into it as much as I used to, it’s a bit repetitive now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still playing. Game doesn't take much time each day/week fortunately.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Recently restarted. Questions on banner pulls.

Should I focus on the start dash with Lightning, Cloud, and Squall until I snag their burst and dupes of others?

Or go all in on Golbez, try to dupe his stuff and get a burst?

So far I have an LD for... lightning, squall, and Desch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd personally go with start dash simply because the rates are higher for reasons I can't remember. Get Alexander grinding done and you should be able to afford doing both if you really want.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank you! Will do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag