+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just discovered that Terra's chants carry to the next wave. You can prime meteor, and then use it to one shot a trash mob on the next round. I don't have her weapon so meltdown feels pretty lame.

As for guides, I don't think there's anything definitive. Prioritize damage on dds and defense on supports and tanks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Terra is pretty OP now, and she only gets more OP later from what I hear. It's fun to use her, esp with her weapon. A fully charged up meteor during a summon is a break and like 12k damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2 new co-op stages and grind!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Came here to post this. Lv60 is no joke.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Indeed, I tried using Vanille but got a wipe out of 4 battles and I feel like she's way too weak. Thankfully I have Cloud's dispel as well so I'll give that a try.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

One-shot the lv 55 one, took a couple breaks but I found my Rem very useful for giving Squall turns at the right time to shut down the red dragon's charge. She died during the Lv60 one though, at the last turn... XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

First attempt last night I won with a 16k score. Today, my parties keep wiping. This is really bad. People just give free breaks to the boss like they're candy. Pretty sure I'm not going to have the patience for the 1m point score total.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Try to get a friend to do it with so you only have one unknown factor in your party. Watch those people who join your party like a hawk, you can always back out if they're not leveled enough. Composition makes a difference here too. My Rem works great with her high max BRV (thanks 6star weapon) but my Squall who is using a Cloud weapon...not so much. Even though they're both roughly the same level and crystal level.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Any of you folks worried about the longevity of the game? There doesn't seem to be much to character advancement outside of the gacha (i.e. new weapons). You grind out the crystals (which isn't even that hard), level to 50 (really easy), and that's about it. Your characters don't get stronger, and there's no sense of progress, outside of leveling other characters, which may not do much for you unless you also have their gacha weapons. The passives introduce a bit of customization, but not enough IMO.

Compare that to FFRK, where you can always grind for orbs for new/better abilities that improve your team as a whole (since abilities can be swapped), and characters can be built quite differently, not to mention a team of five gives a lot more permutations.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I found my stride using Hope in the lvl 60 fight. He turns it into ez mode.

As for longevity, according to reddit, the grind is coming. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg apparently.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Any of you folks worried about the longevity of the game? There doesn't seem to be much to character advancement outside of the gacha (i.e. new weapons). You grind out the crystals (which isn't even that hard), level to 50 (really easy), and that's about it. Your characters don't get stronger, and there's no sense of progress, outside of leveling other characters, which may not do much for you unless you also have their gacha weapons. The passives introduce a bit of customization, but not enough IMO.

Compare that to FFRK, where you can always grind for orbs for new/better abilities that improve your team as a whole (since abilities can be swapped), and characters can be built quite differently, not to mention a team of five gives a lot more permutations.
    Not worried, because we still have like 6 chapters coming (one of which drops tomorrow probably), weekly banners with new characters, and higher tier weapons to roll for plus a host of other things coming. It looks exciting.

I normally drop every phone game after a week or two (the only one I play regularly is Sailor Moon Drops lol) but this one is keeping me interested. One big thing which I think someone mentioned already is unlike FFRK, regular play is not stamina-based so I don't feel "forced" to play or that it's a "waste" to not play. I also don't feel forced to spend money on the game, because they are very generous with resources. The basic mechanics of the game are also appealing; you are rewarded for having a large stable of characters to choose from as certain missions are easier with certain characters, which is an aspect that will hopefully only get better with time. I like that each character has different strengths and weaknesses and the interaction between characters from different FF games is fun, too. The gear upgrade system isn't needlessly complicated and there is enough of a variety of things to do daily.

The only thing I'm kind of worried about is being able to get people for old co-op missions; unless they bring back rewards for those periodically I can imagine very long queue times.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

sailor moon drops you say...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just learned about this game the other day. Started playing pulled 1 weekly, one Setzer Banner, and 2 of the storlyline banners. So far I've gotten 2 Thyrus for Ysh'tola, Laguna's gun(looks nice but I don't have Laguna yet since I'm still in Chapter 4), and a sword for Rem. I also got WoL's sword from the tutorial banner.

So far WoL feels like he's getting pretty lackluster. I have Rem in my PT since she seems to be the only character with an actual Cure. Even though I've really only used it probably like 2x since I started, I get the feeling it's will be useful later one. And WoL is my 3rd PT member atm, only because he's the only other 5* wielder I can use right now.

Any characters I should keep an eye out for as far as banners go?

Right now it feels like Ysh'tola is my stronest hitting character, but I assume that's more because I Limit Breaked her 2 Thyrus' together more out of curiosity to see how it worked than anything else. Her Stone spell is really nice too, she can build up Brave a lot faster than the other two when I use it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Just learned about this game the other day. Started playing pulled 1 weekly, one Setzer Banner, and 2 of the storlyline banners. So far I've gotten 2 Thyrus for Ysh'tola, Laguna's gun(looks nice but I don't have Laguna yet since I'm still in Chapter 4), and a sword for Rem. I also got WoL's sword from the tutorial banner.

So far WoL feels like he's getting pretty lackluster. I have Rem in my PT since she seems to be the only character with an actual Cure. Even though I've really only used it probably like 2x since I started, I get the feeling it's will be useful later one. And WoL is my 3rd PT member atm, only because he's the only other 5* wielder I can use right now.

Any characters I should keep an eye out for as far as banners go?

Right now it feels like Ysh'tola is my stronest hitting character, but I assume that's more because I Limit Breaked her 2 Thyrus' together more out of curiosity to see how it worked than anything else. Her Stone spell is really nice too, she can build up Brave a lot faster than the other two when I use it.
    You can take a look at this current japanese tier list to get an idea for which characters are strong now and in the future. Y'shtola is pretty good. Most characters are fine to use but some are definitely more useful than others when to comes to BRV breaking enemies and debuffing and such. When I look at my friends list and people doing co-op it's almost entirely Squall, Cloud, Vaan, Zidane, Yuna or Vanille.

Rem is a really good utility character. She can top off your characters' HP which is very useful for Ifrit summon (it gives you atk+ if your HP is max) and she can give her turn to another character if they'd be more useful that turn or need some BRV before a boss ALL attack. Her final passive ability gives the party more max HP which can be useful for certain bosses as well. However, she's just an average hitter. I have her weapon maxed out so that's not an issue for me but an unmaxed Rem might drag a party down in some fights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chapter 6 confirmed for the 28th.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

New update on the app store. Cycle quests gem rewards reset, and 2x everything cycle quest campaign. Crystals, exp, and gil. Shit is nuts. A lot of other stuff too. After ffbe I'm not used to this level of love from a dev.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blade Fury changed to Renzokuken! lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    New update on the app store. Cycle quests gem rewards reset, and 2x everything cycle quest campaign. Crystals, exp, and gil. Shit is nuts. A lot of other stuff too. After ffbe I'm not used to this level of love from a dev.
    Even the tickets are pretty insane; we're on a 10 ticket/week pace at the moment and I'm not sure I see a reason that will slow down. It seems to make me more likely to buy some gems too so maybe it has the same effect for others.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Been trying to enhance penelo's armour a bit and it wont let me limit break a copy I have. The only thing i can see different about it is that it has an S on it for some reason but I have no idea wtf the S means.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Been trying to enhance penelo's armour a bit and it wont let me limit break a copy I have. The only thing i can see different about it is that it has an S on it for some reason but I have no idea wtf the S means.
    It's equipped on someone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag