BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

S is your support unit

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished Normal mode story, and got started on Hard Mode, Cleared about Chapters 1 and 2 so far, and unlocked all espers except Leviathan, don't have any motes for him yet. Where do Squall and Vanille come from? I thought I didn't have them yet because they were locked behind story, but that doesn seem to be the case. Did I miss them from an event?

Also, I decided to burn off my single draw tickets that were collecting up on the weelky banner, got a 3rd Thyrus, and 2 Cloud swords, was hoping for a Vivi staff. Good for Yshtola, but idk about Cloud, he looks decent but Laguna is kicking ass in my group right now and both Cloud and Laguna both use Ice crystals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Leviathan is unlocked from Chapter 6 (releasing tomorrow). Squall and Vanille came from events and are currently unavailable.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

People always inviting me to co-op while I have key dungeon unlocked Q_Q

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

OMG, I just tried out Co-op for my first time, I went in with Yshtola, that shit is fun! I did the LVL. 40 one twice, not sure if I'm ready for the Malboro one yet. both attempts went flawlessly, no breaks of any kind. 11k score on the first one and a WHOPPING 24k score on the second. :D

EDIT: btw, what's the best way to farm weapon upgrade materials? I wanna level up Steiner for situational use in place of WoL since i have his 5* sword, but I'm out of materials to upgrade it with. :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pulled 6x on the new banner lol, hoping for Shanttoto staff.. I got two of them form the last pull!!! Total of 2 Wakka balls, 2 Galuf Swords, and 2 Shantoto staves. Now to go unlock them!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    OMG, I just tried out Co-op for my first time, I went in with Yshtola, that shit is fun! I did the LVL. 40 one twice, not sure if I'm ready for the Malboro one yet. both attempts went flawlessly, no breaks of any kind. 11k score on the first one and a WHOPPING 24k score on the second. :D

EDIT: btw, what's the best way to farm weapon upgrade materials? I wanna level up Steiner for situational use in place of WoL since i have his 5* sword, but I'm out of materials to upgrade it with. :/
    When the new Illusions dungeon opens there should be a stage that drops a ton of weapon/armor upgrades, I just farmed that one in the ifrit dungeon when I was done completing all the other stages in it.

I pulled 2x on the Shantotto banner and got a Wakka ball/armor and 2 Shantotto staves. Will have to see if I can get some more of her stuff with draw tix so I can full break it >:D

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man, Galuf must make for one hell of a tank. Whenever I fight his manakin in Chapter 6 he's a pita to hit when he uses Shield Block...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Galuf is a brick wall. He's legit a pld/nin. Tanky stats, and evasion out the ass. Plus an AoE cover. He's really good.

I did 1 pull, only 5* was shantotto. Mission accomplished

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One pull here as well: Shantotto and three Wakka balls D: At least I got what I wanted lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Did 1 pull in hopes of Shantotto, went 2/11 and got Wakka and Shantotto!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

1 11pull got me galuf... tanky tank tank?

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some news from SE.

Story Update: Chapter 6 – Players can now recruit FINAL FANTASY V’s Galuf, FINAL FANTASY X’s Wakka, and FINAL FANTASY XI’s Shantotto in this brand new chapter of the OPERA OMNIA story.
    Armor Token Exchange - Starting March 4, players can obtain Armor Tokens from limited-time character events and exchange the currency for 5-star armor. The Armor Token Exchange will initially feature armor for Warrior of Light, Cloud, Yuna, and many more.
    Character Event: Balthier – Players can recruit the iconic sky pirate from FINAL FANTASY XII and also obtain equipment specific for this newly added ally.
    Artifacts – Beginning March 4, players can obtain and enhance Artifacts from character event Co-op Quests to grant passive abilities to characters.
    “World of Illusions: Carbuncle’s Treasures” - Through March 12, players can enter this limited-time dungeon and collect items to power up characters and equipment.
    Reward Bonuses from Daily Quests – Players can receive double the normal rewards when clearing daily cycle quests through March 12 at 6:00 PM PST.
    New Weekly Draw - Through March 7, a new weekly draw featuring Vaan, Firion, and Yang will provide an increased chance of obtaining these characters’ weapons.
    Link

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How good are the characters in this new banner? Wondering if I should toss out 5k but none of them really appeal to me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Vaan and Firion are pretty excellent, you're only hosed if you get Yang.
    I drew once on it and got Vaan's weapon (what I was hoping for), but also got ANOTHER FUCKING REM DAGGER.

I've full limit breaked her weapon and I've just sold the 3 extra ones for power crystals lel

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I got Vaan and yang. Plus my last armor piece for Vaan. So yay. Also, I didn't have a fist weapon yet so even that is a score for me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So many good characters in this game, I'm partially indecisive about who to use the most. And because of that I haven't hit 50 on anyone yet. But with EXP daily 2 days away I think I should decide who would be most important to get to 50 first.

Currently I'm using:

47 Yshtola: wearing 5* weapon with two limit breaks, and Yuffie 4* armor with 2 limit breaks.
    28 Cloud: wearing 5* weapon with 1 limit break and proper 4* armor with 1 limit break.
    43 Shantotto: wearing 5* weapon with 1 limit break and proper 4* armor with no limit breaks.

I also have 5* weapons for Vaan(no limit break), WoL(no limit break), Rem(no limit break), Galuf(1 limit break), Wakka(1 limit break), Steiner(1 limit break), Laguna(1 limit break).

Should I just keep going with the guys I'm currently leveing in my group atm? Or should I take one of the other guys on the side?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Leveling is pretty quick in this game, so you need to worry too much about order. Even if you start at 1, you can easily get a guy to 50 within the span of one event. Just keep an eye out on the current event's bosses, and if they have any weaknesses or resistances, level the guys can take advantage of them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Really leveling is not the problem, you will get tons of exp while farming crystals.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Out of what you listed, I'd prioritize Cloud, Vaan, Wol or Galuf, Steiner, and Shantotto. They're all pretty meta and dependable units. With the 2x exp from cycle daily quests going on right now, you should have np leveling your roster.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag