+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Btw for those who didn't get Sazh or Eiko, the upcoming Lenna banner might be really good for you.
    King will be a very strong DPS with long-lasting ability usage, though he can't buff others, only himself (eval here). Lenna is a buffer and a healer much like Eiko, but with a strong ibrv debuff to the enemy as well. Lenna's awakening and ex are amazing, though we won't get them for a long time. Can't say about King's awakening as I haven't experienced it but I'm pretty sure he falls out of favor once we get decently into awakenings. Still, he could be a good patch-up for current content without Sazh.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can't speak for the latest batch of LC's since i'm stupidly procrastinating, but I usually try the EX fights blind and without Sazh. Sometimes I win and sometimes I get fairly close to winning before I just swap to Sazh. I've never really felt an absolute NEED for sazh in the EX content with the exception of Maria EX and I had to win via glitch like a bitch. Keep in mind that usually my characters are 1lb 35CP for synergy, so the bar for me barely losing EX fights when going in blind is stupidly low compared to all those people I see with MLB everything running around.
    There also used to always be Sazhless win posts setup for people but I've not noticed them as much after Sazh players got triggered by people making setups without him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have you guys got any tips for Seymour's part 6? I beat the stage with all but turn requirement and I just can't do it with any team. Lvl 90 Behemoth is constantly at 7500 BRV whenever he does AoE and they have tons of HP. I'm using my strongest mages and I can't seem to find a way to clear within 70 turns... I get to the bosses by turn 14-15 so you'd think that'd be enough for such an early stage but no.
    I've tried Eiko/Kuja/Seymour, Eiko/Vivi/Seymour, Eiko/Vivi/Papalymo, Eiko/Vivi/Ashe. Do I just drop Eiko and take the damage?

Edit: I've also tried physical teams and an Eiko/Sephiroth/Vanille one but it really didn't work out. It feels like Eiko is a burden here because despite being MLB she doesn't seem to contribute much at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Game reached 6m downloads so they're gifting us 6k gems!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Maybe try slowing down on the trash waves so you have summon available by the time you reach the boss. If you can summon and get a spd down(Terra Meteor, Tidus, Quistis) on the boss before they act, you'll probably be in much better shape. You might have to summon on the wave before the boss because iirc they always attack first.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    Maybe try slowing down on the trash waves so you have summon available by the time you reach the boss. If you can summon and get a spd down(Terra Meteor, Tidus, Quistis) on the boss before they act, you'll probably be in much better shape. You might have to summon on the wave before the boss because iirc they always attack first.
    I slowed down and got it but still cleared with 68 turns, it really felt overtuned imo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Agreed. All of these bits of new content feel overtuned. I completed everything in the LCs, but it took splorch resets to get to the final boss without hp lost to keep Ifrit buff, and even a gem revive to clear Ace's with Ace.

I can't even get Lenna's ex boss past half hp. I thought my game was bugged when I dropped 20k damage on the thing and its hp didn't budge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lenna's EX is insane, I don't think it's possible to clear and get all score rewards without her weapons. Thankfully I got her 35 CP with one pull but it just feels wrong.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Got insanely lucky on the half price pull for LC: 4/11: Ace 15/35 and Sabin 15/35!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Got insanely lucky on the half price pull for LC: 4/11: Ace 15/35 and Sabin 15/35!
    Grats Rob! Sabin is amazing for his LC but that's pretty much it I'm afraid Ace is good enough, especially with awakenings soon.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Wow, that's an awesome pull.

All content lately does feel overtuned; it doesn't help that we've had a very busy schedule so it's just piled one on top of another with no breaks. I was hoping Lenna's would give us a break but it's actually the hardest one yet. There have been clears coming through without Lenna, but it requires some very odd comps (for instance WoL with his 35 and Sylph summon). I'm thinking stuff will feel vastly easier once we finally get Awakenings.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those clears either require insane DPS (King /w 35 CP, Sephiroth and obviously Sazh) /w Quistis friend delay or simply drag on and don't hit the score missions. The boss gains an invisible DEF buff after her first charged move apparently so even Sazh hits for shit (I see 500 damage per BRV attack with his buffs on... yeah). King /w 35 CP still manages to hit hard due to multipliers I guess and Lenna+Ramza provide stackable BRV regens but all those require pulling on this banner :/
    I like a challenge but this is insane for a temporary stage, they need to fuck off with this shit until we get more options through awakenings.
    I really like the sinergy the three banner characters have for this fight but it's overkill.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What was the kill order for Seph EX?
    I'm currently going Vincent, Eiko, Sazh but I feel like I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Using Seph friend that I immediately summon to take down zidane. Taking a look at my setup just now makes me realize i forgot to use a person that's following me as well during my current attempt too.
    I'm also seeing a general lack of atk artifacts on Vincent(lots of ** instead) so i'll go farm up some more tokens to see if that works out better. Vincent is a 0lb 35 but i'm assuming the synergy and debuffs would make him work better than lightning, kuja, or papa.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What was the kill order for Seph EX?
    I'm currently going Vincent, Eiko, Seph but I feel like I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Using Seph friend that I immediately summon to take down zidane. Taking a look at my setup just now makes me realize i forgot to use a person that's following me as well during my current attempt too.
    I'm also seeing a general lack of atk artifacts on Vincent(lots of ** instead) so i'll go farm up some more tokens to see if that works out better. Vincent is a 0lb 35 but i'm assuming the synergy and debuffs would make him work better than lightning, kuja, or papa.
    I used those three but Vincent was 0LB 15 CP and 4* armor maxed with no artifacts so the worst you can get lol. Use a Deadly Beast Flare on Sephiroth Manikin, replace Vincent with a friend Sephiroth and summon Ifrit. Deal as much damage as possible on Sephiroth and he should be dead shortly after the summon (try to keep Zidane broken and manage Ramza's BRV). When he's down kill Zidane and finally Ramza.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess I was doing it wrong since I went straight for the livewire shots to reduce atk.
    And Derp @ my setup. Somehow I wrote Seph instead of Sazh. If I had a Seph the EX would be laying down in the corner crying.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Looks like this is going to be another EX stage that I gem revive to clear. The power creep has really be dialed up to 11 to force us to pull.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This is a really crappy interlude phase but awakenings should be kinder. I haven't really been enjoying the current meta either. Thankfully awakenings are supposed to be within the month...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Agreed, hopefully we get Awakenings with the Halloween event this Sun.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Used one ticket on Cid's banner> gold> Rem 35. Literally the only thing I wanted from it lol, I'm out!
    Haven't tried the EX yet but it doesn't seem good even if I bring Balthier with me. Maybe I'll try Lenna, Balthier, King with a strong DPS as friend and go all out on summon phase.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

With mlb Seph, Sazh, and Balthier(1lb 35, MLB 15) I run out of steam with about 40% hp on the remaining robot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag