+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFRK - Defying Destiny (FFXIII) Event & Strategies

"A l'Cie tied to an inescapable Focus - a slave of destiny. I'd lost hope. I'd all but given up dreams of freedom." - Cid Raines

Event Start Date: September 1
    Event Bonus Battle: September 4
    Event End Date: September 11

All Information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...jp_megathread/

Notable Rewards
    None

New Characters Acquired
    Cid Raines (BLM:5, WHM:3, Support:4, MNK: 3 Darkness:5)

Old Characters Acquired
    Hope
    Lightning
    Fang
    Snow

New Memory Crystals

Cid Raines MC1/MC2

Old Memory Crystals
    Lightning MC1
    Hope MC1
    Fang MC1
    Snow MC1

New Record Materia

Cid Raines MC1: Small potency in BLM magic when equipping Light Armor.
    Cid Raines MC2: Small increase in MAG and ATK when equipping Fist.

New Record Sphere
    Cid Raines
    Lightning
    Hope

Characters Needed for Battles
    None

Cid Missions
    Defeat Ultimate+ Dungeon "Fatal Commitment (U+)" with a party including a party of only FFXIII Characters..

Relics

Banner 1
    Spoiler: show
    Ninurta: BSB, Hope, 4 hit (2.98 per hit) All Target Holy MAG and Self En-Holy for 25 seconds and Self Haste + Burst Mode [Attack: 4 hit (2.24 per hit) Single Target Holy/Non-Elemental MAG Defend: 4 hit (2.24 per hit) Single Target Earth/Non-elemental MAG]
    Physician's Staff: SSB, Vanille, All Allies Curaga (h85) & 1 Consumed Ability Restore
    Sirius Sidearms: SSB, Sazh, All Allies Protectga & High Regen & MAG+20% for 25 seconds
    Raine's Cloak: SB, Cid Raines, 6 hit (1.98 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental MAG and All Allies Hastega
    Serah's Glove: SB, Serah, All Allies Hastega & High Regen
    Partisan: SB, Fang, 3 hit (1.40 per hit) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy DEF/RES -50% for 25 seconds
    Tungsten Bangle: Shared SB, All Allies Cure (h35)
    Tigerclaw: Shared SB 1 hit (4.90) Single Target Non-Elemental MAG and Slow (50%)

Banner 2
    Punisher: SSB, Fang, 6 hit (1.28 per hit) Ranged Single Target Fire/Wind PHY and ATK/MAG -50% for 25 seconds
    Starseeker: SSB, Serah, 5 hit (2.84 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental MAG and Slow (100%)
    Raines's Gloves: SSB, Cid Raines, 5 hit (2.84 per hit) All Target Holy MAG and Imperial Holy for 25 seconds
    Deneb Duellers: SB, Sazh, 3 hit (1.20 per hit) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies ATK+30% for 25 seconds
    Winged Saint: SB, Snow, 3 hit (1.68 per hit) Single Target Ice PHY and Self Sentinel for 25 seconds
    Flamberge: SB, Lightning, 3 hit (1.69 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self Instant Cast for 2 turns
    Tungsten Bangle: Shared SB, All Allies Cure (h35)
    Tigerclaw: Shared SB 1 hit (4.90) Single Target Non-Elemental MAG and Slow (50%)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bonus Battles
    Pulse Fal'cie +
    • Wight & Ghast
      HP: ~66,380 each
      Target Score: Defeat the Boss Rush without being KO'd, Exploit Ghast's weakness to lightning attacks.
      • Weak: Fire and Ice and Thunder and Wind and Water Abilities (Ghast)
      • Absorbs: None
      • Null: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Poison Abilities, Sleep Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Both)
    • Fal'cie Anima
      HP: ~84,983 (Anima), ~20,746 each (Arms)
      Target Score: Defeat Anima without being KO'd, Reduce Anima's ATK.
      • Weak: None
      • Resists: None
      • Absorbs: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities

Commentary

The Wight/Ghast fight is nothing special, just a glorified trash encounter really. You can Sleep them with a mage team if you really want to. Anima can't do anything to you through Draw Fire + Retaliate if you kill both his arms and keep them dead, but it might be a better idea to just burn the main body down ASAP.

TOTAL medals = 30 medals
    , meaning you can only lose a max of 5 medals to get Mastery.

TBA ++
    Barthandalus
    HP: ~115,948 (Barthandalus), ~43,987 each (Pauldrons & Ailette)
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Barthandalus without being KO'd.
    • Reduce either Pauldrons or Ailette's MAG.
    • Reduce Barthandalus's MAG.

Weak: Fire and Thunder (Ailette), Water and Ice (Pauldrons)
    Resists: Everything Else (Both)
    Absorbs: Water and Ice (Ailette), Fire and Thunder (Pauldrons)
    Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities, Stun Abilities, Sap Abilities, and Stop Abilities (Barthandalus); Poison Abilities, Paralyze Abilities, Slow Abilities, Stop Abilities, Blind Abilities, Sleep Abilities, Sap Abilities, and Stun Abilities (Pauldrons & Ailette)

Commentary
    • Barthandelus casts Doom on all targets as an interrupt when both of his parts are destroyed.

This is the standard version of Bart, with some status vulnerabilities added for spice. The Pauldrons and Ailette can be Paralyzed, Slept, Slowed, and even Poisoned although that's not very useful on enemies with only 40k HP, and Bart himself can be Slowed, Stopped, and Sapped. The damage in this fight is very nearly entirely magical, so bring heavy magical mitigation including Shellga.

Total medals = 18, meaning you can only afford to lose 3 medals to get Mastery.

TBA +++
    Byrnhildr
    HP: ~201,712
    Target Score:
    • Exploit Byrnhildr's weakness to ice attacks.
    • Reduce Byrnhildr's ATK.
    • Reduce Byrnhildr's MAG.

Weak: Ice
    Absorbs: Fire
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities

Commentary
    • Brynhildr casts Doom on all targets as an interrupt as soon as the fight starts.

Draw Fire + Retaliate will help against her two multi-hit attacks but do nothing to her magical attacks or to Slash. Bring mixed mitigation and be prepared for her to hit hard and fast. Do note that there is (very unusually for a pre-Ultimate fight) no "Do not die" medal condition on this one. Brynhildr's speed is only 300, but it appears that all of her attacks come out as interrupts, so her apparent speed is much higher. Expect to be attacked multiple times before you can get a wall up.

TBA(Ultimate)
    Hecatoncheir
    HP: ~237,895
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Hecatoncheir's ATK.
    • Reduce Hecatoncheir's DEF.
    • Reduce Hecatoncheir's RES.

Weak: None

Abilities

Moveset (Default):
    100% chance: Looming Wrath (enter Revenge Style 1 state)

Moveset (Revenge Style 1):
    50% chance: Quake (deal 210% magical earth damage to all targets)
    50% chance: Pummel (deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    Special: Aerial Tackle (deal 190% physical damage to one target)
    Special: Hurricane Kick (deal 150% physical damage to one target)

Moveset (Revenge Style 2):
    50% chance: Counter (deal 190% physical damage to all targets, ignoring Retaliate)
    50% chance: Force Projection (deal 190% physical damage to one target, ignoring Retaliate)

Commentary
    • Hecatoncheir casts Doom on all targets as an interrupt when the fight starts.

Hecatoncheir has a very strict AI pattern which he follows exclusively. On his first turn, he will always use Looming Wrath. On his second turn, he will either use Quake followed by either Aerial Tackle or Hurricane Kick as an interrupt or Pummel plus both Aerial Tackle and Hurricane Kick as interrupts. On his third turn, he will use either Counter or Force Projection. Repeat the whole sequence until either you or he is dead. Most of his damage is physical, so pack Protectga and physical breaks, but be aware of the possibility of casting Quake. He's fast enough that it's entirely possible for him use Looming Wrath -> Quake+Aerial Tackle and kill someone before you can get your defenses up.

Last Will (U+)
    Cid Raines
    HP: ~272,155
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Cid Raine's MAG.
    • Remove Cid Raine's Protect.
    • Remove Cid Raine's Shell.

Weak: None
    Absorbs: None
    Resists: None

Abilities

Moveset (Default):
    20/90 chance, unlocks turn 3: Attack (deal 101% physical damage four times to random targets)
    20/90 chance, unlocks turn 5: Bioga (deal 294% magical bio damage to all targets with a 33% chance to Poison them)
    20/90 chance, unlocks turn 3: Ruin (deal 330% magical non-elemental damage to one target)
    10/90 chance, unlocks turn 3: Dazega (deal 246% magical non-elemental damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Sleep them)
    10/90 chance, unlocks turn 2: Protect (grant Protect to self)
    10/90 chance: Shell (grant Shell to self)

Moveset (Weak):

15% chance: Attack (deal 101% physical damage four times to random targets)
    15% chance: Bioga (deal 294% magical bio damage to all targets with a 33% chance to Poison them)
    15% chance: Ruin (deal 330% magical non-elemental damage to one target)
    15% chance: Ruinga (deal 246% magical non-elemental damage to all targets)
    10% chance: Dazega (deal 246% magical non-elemental damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Sleep them)
    10% chance: Cure (recover ~6000 HP)
    10% chance: Protect (grant Protect to self)
    10% chance: Shell (grant Shell to self)

Moveset (Very Weak):
    10/90 chance: Attack (deal 101% physical damage four times to random targets)
    20/90 chance: Bioga (deal 294% magical bio damage to all targets with a 33% chance to Poison them)
    20/90 chance: Ruinga (deal 246% magical non-elemental damage to all targets)
    10/90 chance: Dazega (deal 246% magical non-elemental damage to all targets with a 12% chance to Sleep them)
    10/90 chance: Cure (recover ~6000 HP)
    10/90 chance: Protect (grant Protect to self)
    10/90 chance: Shell (grant Shell to self)
    Special: Seraphic Ray (deal 294% magical holy damage to and Dispel all targets)

Commentary
    • Cid casts Doom on all targets as an interrupt when the fight starts. He switches to Weak and Very Weak states at specific HP thresholds (~66% and ~33%). Cid casts Seraphic Ray as an interrupt when he enters Very Weak state. Cid always casts Shell on his first turn and Protect on his second turn.

There's a fair bit of RNG to this fight, so fair warning. It's much easier if the 1/3 of his turns he spends casting Cure, Protect, or Shell come at the right times for you, and much harder if they come at the wrong times. That said, bring heavy magic mitigation to this fight because, while his basic attack is actually pretty nasty (404% damage total when a "heavy" physical attack is 190% and a "massive" one is 230%), he uses offensive magic much more often. If you're not bringing a quest party you can use Draw Fire + Retaliate on his Attack, or you can just have everyone in the back row since it's not a long-range attack. Be careful with how much damage you do once you get him to about 50%, because the instant you deal enough damage to push him into Very Weak state (around 1/3 his HP or roughly the area of his back foot) he'll use Seraphic Ray as an interrupt and Dispel all your buffs. I don't think it's an Ultimate Dispel but don't quote me on that. Winning the fight mostly revolves around managing Seraphic Ray -- if you can trigger it and get your defenses up and everyone healed before he gets his next turn, you'll almost certainly win.

Event Quest Notes: You can't use Draw Fire + Retaliate to manage his physical attacks but that's no big deal. If you want you can have Snow tank it up in the back row with Draw Fire but that'll probably cost you too much in damage, and using Draw Fire from the front row will probably get him killed. I suggest having Hope carry your Shellga so Vanille can use an AOE heal as soon as Seraphic Ray is triggered and you can still get your Shellga off. Shout works very well as a RW for this fight, though if you have your own hastega, his defenses are low enough that you can probably manage with a wall RW, and he has no defense-piercing attacks either.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That bit about Time Mage and such seems like it shouldn't be on the Barthandalus commentary, otherwise, great work as always.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Rob is posting from a library, so he does his best given the amount of resources he has.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I wonder if Vanille will have an orgasm when you kill Hecaton.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    That bit about Time Mage and such seems like it shouldn't be on the Barthandalus commentary, otherwise, great work as always.
    Sorry, deleted it, was posting it from the car near a publix store using their wifi since I didn't have time to do it at the library, so was trying to get it out asap before the event starts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As a note for the U+ fight, seraphic ray functions as a generic dispelga (removing haste/pro/shell/regen/reflect only) and happens at 40%. Mastered CM 1/1 with a perfect score with:

Lightning (80) - Full Charge r3 / Powerchain r3 / Polearm DMG+ / SSB
    Vanille (80) - Curaja r5 / Shellga r3/ Doublecast / Unused
    Snow (80) - Saint Cross r4 / Banishing Strike r4 / Holy Knight's Pride / Unused
    Cid Raines (68) - Dark Zone r4 / Memento Mori r3 / Devotion / Unused
    Sazh (80) - Full Break r2 / Magic Breakdown r4 / Mako Might / Shared Protectga

RW - Shout

Boss melted very fast with 5* abilities. Raines did ~19k dark zones with 7* wyrmfang, Snow did ~15k SC with plat shield bonus, Lightning did ~25k per powercharge rotation.

The U fight gave me some serious trouble at the start, I believe I had to S/L 7 times before I could get buffs off without anyone dying. Once I was able to set up mitigation without losing anyone, the fight ended up being a total joke with my A team.

Cid fight's pretty much all about the post-Dispel RNG. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I had 4/5 people defend before seraphic ray to minimize dmg, and also to make sure I had shell, FB, and magic break back on immediately. He almost always followed ray up with bioga, which was doing ~3500 w/o buffs and debuffs.

BG Level

Pretty much not doable without attack buff.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

this one took me a few tries, but i couldn't get there with only a shared medica. cracked and did the tyro banner for a guaranteed wyrmfang which gave me enough of a bump to clear it with full mastery.

setup was:

lightning - full charge/powerchain, none, master sniper
    fang - dragoon jump/blood of the wyvern, pulsar burst, spear +20% RM
    vanille - curaja/shellga, oerba's boon, mako might
    sazh - full break(2)/magic breakdown, caltrop bomb, dr mog
    snow - saint's cross/banishing strike, none, knight doublecast

RW was wall. i was planning to use divine guardian RW since i lack a haste option here, and the extra heals would have been great, but in 10 or so refreshes i somehow never had one come up. so yeah, it can be done without haste, but you absolutely need to have a boostga effect available (& obviously either a good spread of SB's or 5* hones).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Waifu saves the day. Cleared CM with only Lightning alive lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Damage taken isn't an issue but the DPS race because of Doom was for me. Had to race to push him to use the Seraphic Ray just as Shout wears off to put it up again right after.

No fancy 5*s outside of Full Break as I am not sure what I should be going for. Used Keeper's Tome RW but if I had issue with rushing to push Seraphic Ray then Shout right after I'd have used Shout/Mighty Guard RW to get the Haste back.

Took 3 attempts to succeed and ended up with full medals.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mastered CM without shout or wall :D

Party - https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/o9yi

RW was Ark Blast.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Fun and easy

U

U+ CM

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Fight seemed just a little over tuned for CM, he's a hair too fast or bioga and daze are a hair too strong - especially if you don't have a realm Medica.

Took me about 15 tries to not have horrid rng with daze or timing defend before Seraphic Ray. It's doable without shout and haste if you opt for Selphie RW for Dreamstage, but you basically need all main 5* abilities honed to do so and enough melee synergy weapons. Keeper or Yshtola RW would be good just to get Pro and Shell back up right after.

Glad that one's done with.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post

Fight seemed just a little over tuned for CM, he's a hair too fast or bioga and daze are a hair too strong - especially if you don't have a realm Medica.

Took me about 15 tries to not have horrid rng with daze or timing defend before Seraphic Ray. It's doable without shout and haste if you opt for Selphie RW for Dreamstage, but you basically need all main 5* abilities honed to do so and enough melee synergy weapons. Keeper or Yshtola RW would be good just to get Pro and Shell back up right after.

Glad that one's done with.
    Dunno only had shellga as buff and seraphic only did 1k

I do have a aoe heal but with shout and soso gear he died pretty fast

BG Level

I had full synergy gear and tons of hones and I still couldn't do it without Shout. Problem is Sazh sucks ass without any kind of unique SB.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll put my run up too, no unique SB CM clear

EDIT: Better video

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    I'll put my run up too, no unique SB CM clear

Why is it so small