+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Seems even more of the Legion have learned to fly unintentionally. The bugs i'm finding in this expansion are just nutty.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think i've made a huge mistake. I resubbed and got legion and tried playing my 100 ret paladin in some timewalking dungeons. I was constantly clicking my buttons but according to omen or recount or whatever it is I'm not even sure I was doing 10% of our tank's damage. What the f? I'm also completely lost and have no idea how to get into the legion area or what to do. I'm lv100 with like ilvl 630 I think but does that matter at all for timewalking old shit?

I have also tried the lv100 trial of the jobs and the little tutorial only shows you 1 of the 3 specs so how are you supposed to have any idea how the other 2 work before you commit?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I think i've made a huge mistake. I resubbed and got legion and tried playing my 100 ret paladin in some timewalking dungeons. I was constantly clicking my buttons but according to omen or recount or whatever it is I'm not even sure I was doing 10% of our tank's damage. What the f? I'm also completely lost and have no idea how to get into the legion area or what to do. I'm lv100 with like ilvl 630 I think but does that matter at all for timewalking old shit?

I have also tried the lv100 trial of the jobs and the little tutorial only shows you 1 of the 3 specs so how are you supposed to have any idea how the other 2 work before you commit?
    Time walking groups you with people up to level 110 so there's a chance you were grouped with 110s. Although tank cleave damage is inflated especially in time walking.

When you logged in at level 100 you got a huge popup window on your screen with a quest to speak to khadgar or your factions leader. It'll lead you to legion. If not, I think shift J brings up "things you should do" there are also command boards near auction houses in main cities which will have that quest to khadgar/faction leader if you somehow don't have it.

When you get to new dalaran there will be a quest near violet hold which is a weekly for doing 5 time walking dungeons, although that may be a 110 only quest.

Last night in a time walking it was me and two other 110s with an 87 healer and shadow priest. They barely registered on meters and we plowed through as 3. It's designed that way and works well, everything scales now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And at the end of your trial tutorial(the airship portion specifically- you can do quite a bit more before getting locked out), you're able to try all specs for your class. You're not walked through them like the first, but Icyveins has you covered there

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

do most people only play 1 of the 3 specs on the class? I'm not sure how to approach looking at this stuff but how are you supposed to get gear for the other specs? I would like to try healing on paladin but I cant get any int weaps/jewelry without queueing for stuff on healer and healing with str gear lol?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

All of your gear will switch to int etc instead of str when you swap specs, the exception is things like trinkets with equip and use bonuses.

When you get a level or two you'll be able to get a second artifact weapon for your other specs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ah I keep forgetting about the artifact weapons, still having trouble deciding what I want to boost to 100 at the moment

I have an 89rogue and 100pld already but the pld seems meh and dungeon queues on the rogue dps are awful @.@ so I was thinking druid or priest but idk, I feel like I would like hunter but the beast hunter trial seemed lame and I dont have a good feel how the others work

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

DPS queues are meh across the board, but I've found this game gives you plenty of things to do while you wait. Definitely play what you like

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It's always 3-7min I can't complain usually they pop too fast and I'll be in the middle of something lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i tend to queue as resto, then swap to guardian while i wait, then get mad and leave queue to finish what i was doing, and requeue. i know, im terrible. fuck your group though, i need to finish this wq rq

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    do most people only play 1 of the 3 specs on the class? I'm not sure how to approach looking at this stuff but how are you supposed to get gear for the other specs? I would like to try healing on paladin but I cant get any int weaps/jewelry without queueing for stuff on healer and healing with str gear lol?
    You can set your loot spec to be different from the one you're playing as (should be listed as an option if you right click your portrait in game). Then you can queue as dps or tank but still get drops for your healing spec. This also means you can aim for legendaries on another spec even if you're not actively playing as that spec. This also applies to quest rewards.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do you guys mostly just play 1 character? or is it feasible to play multiple? I have no idea what kind of lockouts there are in this

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Once you get flying on a character(it's account-wide), alts become hilariously easy to progress with. Legion invasions and he artifact knowledge volumes you can send between chars also speeds things up considerably. Garbage Lv101 DH to i876 110 after a few days of fairly casual grinding

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

3 days played on warrior, already got flying 2 legendaries and almost 900 ilvl. Catch up is easy. Alts are easy, but I mostly play 1.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

When I played, I just stuck to one character but had everything else at max level for old raid mount farming and money making.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dunno how complicated it can be but I'm just not getting healing on druid. The damage output in dungeons seems completely random, I have no idea how to plan for what when it doesnt seem to follow any pattern. Some trash pulls will absolutely rape face for the tank and every one else then the other 80% of the dungeon I hardly have to heal at all.

feeling like I should have done a more straightforward healer at this point or not at all, this is nothing like 14's healing and its not fun lol

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Druid healing in a nutshell:

Put lifebloom and rejuv on tank.
    Drop efflorescence under tank and melee.
    Once you have Cenarion Ward talent, use it on CD as a strong tank hot.
    Wild Growth when there's aoe damage or need to get more than 3 people healed.
    Use clearcasting procs for Regrowth. In a 5-man it's fine to use Regrowth as your spot heal as well, just don't completely spam it if you don't need to since it's mana inefficient.
    Use Swiftmend as a spot heal, ideally on CD if there's someone who's under 60-70% health.
    Remove Healing Touch from your hotbar.

Druids have strong cooldowns (Tranquility, Innervate+Regrowth spam), so utilize them on any pull that requires heavy healing.

If you're not already using these, highly recommend mouseover macros and some kind of addon (I use Grid but that may not be as popular nowadays) to make it easy to see all the hots you have running on people and how much time is left on them. If you refresh any hot with less than 30% duration left, it will extend by the full duration amount instead of clipping. Also, when you refresh Lifebloom with less than 30% duration left you will proc the large bloom heal when you refresh it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Don't feel too bad. I can't get my head around fury warrior at all. He's geared with baseline gear, but I can't pull more than 140k dps. They're supposed to be one of the best dps right now but I just can't squeeze good dps out of him.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

im a 906 resto druid, pm me if you have questions.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Don't feel too bad. I can't get my head around fury warrior at all. He's geared with baseline gear, but I can't pull more than 140k dps. They're supposed to be one of the best dps right now but I just can't squeeze good dps out of him.
    they are only good dps with 4pc, cof and draught trinkets.