+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So sick and fucking tired of PvP, but I want prestige 18 for the mounts. My battle-group just fucking sucks to be Horde, and we lose almost every time, which means the grind is 3x as long. The two biggest pieces of BS are mobility/Tank and most healers; at least melee are reasonable this time. If you have to run a flag or cart, you will never catch a tank when they can go two screens instantly and shrug off most damage. If there's even two competent healers, it is practically impossible to bring a team down since they can keep themselves and everyone else topped of even with pressure. Monk healers top the spectrum, though druids are a close second; I just can't believe they thought high mobility, durability, and healing should go into one spec. God forbid there's a revive on them and all your work poofs because everything on cool-down, so they just heal everything back up.

The matching is really stupid too; I usually see a 20/21 prestige in every match, and I'm the highest horde, with 11, and the Alliance are full almost instantly, while we're starting 1 short.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

13th Anniversary is live. The Timewarped badge NPC is back, giving out a new daily, to go kill Doom Lord Kazzak, Azuregos, and one of the Emerald Dream dragons that spawn at the portals the druids now use to zip around old Azeroth. They drop i900 - i915 versions of the gear that hasn't been available since they were removed, so if you ever wanted anything off of them for transmog, they'll be around until endish of November. Azuregos and the ED dragons are fun to fight, but Kazzak has pointedly tame mechanics compared to the others.

Bosses are up every five minutes, so it doesn't take long to finish, but maybe only for the Horde, since two are right by Ogrimmar, and you can portal over to Blasted lands too.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They have dropped nothing so far on any toon for me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

From 6 kills and one bonus roll I've gotten two of the same ring so far. Nightmare Blade pls.

New anniversary event is cool, but I've literally gotten jack shit from it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    So sick and fucking tired of PvP, but I want prestige 18 for the mounts. My battle-group just fucking sucks to be Horde, and we lose almost every time, which means the grind is 3x as long. The two biggest pieces of BS are mobility/Tank and most healers; at least melee are reasonable this time. If you have to run a flag or cart, you will never catch a tank when they can go two screens instantly and shrug off most damage. If there's even two competent healers, it is practically impossible to bring a team down since they can keep themselves and everyone else topped of even with pressure. Monk healers top the spectrum, though druids are a close second; I just can't believe they thought high mobility, durability, and healing should go into one spec. God forbid there's a revive on them and all your work poofs because everything on cool-down, so they just heal everything back up.

The matching is really stupid too; I usually see a 20/21 prestige in every match, and I'm the highest horde, with 11, and the Alliance are full almost instantly, while we're starting 1 short.
    I thought battle groups weren't a thing anymore? And if they were, why dont you just queue up as alliance by talking to that NPC in the sewers? Granted queue is longer, but if you think Horde is that bad, thats an option.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    New anniversary event is cool, but I've literally gotten jack shit from it unfortunately.

I thought battle groups weren't a thing anymore? And if they were, why dont you just queue up as alliance by talking to that NPC in the sewers? Granted queue is longer, but if you think Horde is that bad, thats an option.
    I've picked up several things, on my six characters, so we'll see how much I get.

Regarding Mercenary, that was the trick. Battles were tilted more towards losses, but the honor gain was about 4x normal since the queue is about a minute vs 6-7. Levels are flowing

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Queue up as alliance?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Queue up as alliance?
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/pvp/mercenary-mode

The NPC will also show up in Legion Dalaran sewers, near the NPC that allows you to hire bodyguards down there. He'll only show up for the side that has the longer queue times, which in my case, is the Horde, and only lets you queue random BGs that way. I went from 6-7 minute queue times to about 1 minute queue times, by being an Alliance Mercenary. You'll get race changed to something appropriate only in the BGs, so you'll lose your racial if you use it, and gain whatever you're changed into.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Tohmane View Post
    From 6 kills and one bonus roll I've gotten two of the same ring so far. Nightmare Blade pls.
    Maybe obvious, but make sure you are setting your loot specialization to something that would actually use 1h agi/str swords. I'm pretty sure you can't get this unless you are something like prot/frost/outlaw.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Maybe obvious, but make sure you are setting your loot specialization to something that would actually use 1h agi/str swords. I'm pretty sure you can't get this unless you are something like prot/frost/outlaw.
    Yep; it's all personal loot here. I go on several classes/specs, so I'm pretty sure I've got everything covered. I hope the make personal loot and option in earlier dungeons, instead of the only option, right now; makes some transmog farming a pita.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hot damn, 43 honor levels in 3 days (Prestige 12); was too busy in other games to focus more then that, but next time it's up, I may be able to get two prestige levels. Thanks again for the Mercenary suggestion; one minute queues with 100% bonus honor (Weekly event + low faction participation boost) made them all fly by. L21 is still a ways off, but it should go much faster now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good point thanks, I was on assassination for no good reason with having all the spec legendaries already. Outlaw it is.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tohmane View Post
    Good point thanks, I was on assassination for no good reason with having all the spec legendaries already. Outlaw it is.
    Guide for which class/loot spec you need to be to get the unique transmog drops. Need to change my druid loot spec to resto/balance, and my DK to Frost to pick up the ones I'm still missing. Demon Hunters get no love this event.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=276443/w...smogs-azuregos

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Well that's supposed to be a list of specs that could transmog the drops to their legion artifact weapons, but it's not very complete. For example, demon hunter could both get the sword and transmog glaive artifacts to it, but it's not listed. Fire mage could transmog to the sword, but you would have to get the drop with another class.

On the individual wowhead pages for the items, it tells you what specs are flagged to be able to loot them. For the sword, it's prot/prot/frost/outlaw, dps/tank mnk, and both dh specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Hot damn, 43 honor levels in 3 days (Prestige 12); was too busy in other games to focus more then that, but next time it's up, I may be able to get two prestige levels. Thanks again for the Mercenary suggestion; one minute queues with 100% bonus honor (Weekly event + low faction participation boost) made them all fly by. L21 is still a ways off, but it should go much faster now.
    Nice to see that suggestion working out for you. I'll definitely give that a try next time the weekly event comes around. I still feel that prestige should be accountwide, just like how Honorable Kills are account wide, but whatever, gotta play the hand we're dealt with.

End of Antorus Cinematics

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

So far I have Guardian, Blood, Frost(Mage), Assassination, and Balance Challenge skins. It is crazy how easy Balance was vs Frost (they share the same challenge) and Guardian being much harder compared to Blood.

The new raid was super fun. The tower defense encounter was unexpectedly really fun, and Argus was super hype. I'll start Heroic next week, but I'd imagine this is going to be my favorite raid of Legion.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

when's LFR. Welfare epix plsd

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    when's LFR. Welfare epix plsd