+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

What item level are you guys doing this as? I'm completely new to WoW raiding, but I've gotten my DK to ilvl 920 strictly via argus gear and I've been doing not completely embarrassing dps on normal. I'm averaging 900k-1mil+ for most fights. I'm thinking of switching over to the tank role since it's nigh impossible to get a raid invite as a melee. Are these fights particularly tough for tanks? Are there any must have add ons for tanking?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    What item level are you guys doing this as? I'm completely new to WoW raiding, but I've gotten my DK to ilvl 920 strictly via argus gear and I've been doing not completely embarrassing dps on normal. I'm averaging 900k-1mil+ for most fights. I'm thinking of switching over to the tank role since it's nigh impossible to get a raid invite as a melee. Are these fights particularly tough for tanks? Are there any must have add ons for tanking?
    Dbm is all you really need, maybe something to see other tanks debuffs but most unit frames do that.

Fights are a joke and extremely boring to tank, also you're a dk and are the most overpowered tank.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Everyone keeps saying that lol. Running around as blood is fun as hell, and I have prydaz which everyone says is shite but has been a major boon for me. That absorb shield is fucking clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Hot damn, 43 honor levels in 3 days (Prestige 12); was too busy in other games to focus more then that, but next time it's up, I may be able to get two prestige levels. Thanks again for the Mercenary suggestion; one minute queues with 100% bonus honor (Weekly event + low faction participation boost) made them all fly by. L21 is still a ways off, but it should go much faster now.
    Oh. I talked to a giant nerd about honor grinding, one of the things he suggested to supplement the grind was Tol Barad. 100 honor every hour + the 300 honor daily.

He also mentioned some social networking to get into the awesome ashran groups over the weekend, but i cant in good faith recommend that as ashran is fucking terrible and i cant believe people are doing it in 2017.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Oh. I talked to a giant nerd about honor grinding, one of the things he suggested to supplement the grind was Tol Barad. 100 honor every hour + the 300 honor daily.

He also mentioned some social networking to get into the awesome ashran groups over the weekend, but i cant in good faith recommend that as ashran is fucking terrible and i cant believe people are doing it in 2017.
    Alliance has Tol Barad 99% of the time on my server, and I've not seen a group up for it ever. I think I've taken it once and happened to do daily's twice when we did have it. Almost done with those marks as is, so I may never tread back there again.

Alliance has Tol Barad 99% of the time on my server, and I've not seen a group up for it ever. I think I've taken it once and happened to do daily's twice when we did have it. Almost done with those marks as is, so I may never tread back there again.
    Ah, I play on Illidan and Kil'Jaeden so that hasn't been an issue for me. What are you farming TB marks for? I'm going for the mount so i have the stone drake of e,w,n and s. (sad theres no achievement for it). I spent all my marks in Cata on that OP tanking trinket.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Ah, I play on Illidan and Kil'Jaeden so that hasn't been an issue for me. What are you farming TB marks for? I'm going for the mount so i have the stone drake of e,w,n and s. (sad theres no achievement for it). I spent all my marks in Cata on that OP tanking trinket.
    I never picked up one of the mounts or the tabard before I quit Cataclysm, back in the day, and I was farming them up for the Lord of Mounts achievement, which I got a few weeks ago, and am somewhere above it now, without touching Panthers or engineering mounts.

Dinged two Prestige levels this week (16 now), Mercing for the Alliance; <1 minute queues were awesome, and I also farmed up the Ashhhide Mushan mount too (~21 left for the pet). GD I'm tired, and am glad the week is over, but, still 9 more levels to go (maybe 10, for the title). Hopefully, this is done before the next expansion, as I have a feeling these will reset, for people to try to farm again.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

2 Mage Towers ago, I finished all Challenges for Druid, Mage, Death Knight, Hunter, and Rogue.

I never picked up one of the mounts or the tabard before I quit Cataclysm, back in the day, and I was farming them up for the Lord of Mounts achievement, which I got a few weeks ago, and am somewhere above it now, without touching Panthers or engineering mounts.

Dinged two Prestige levels this week (16 now), Mercing for the Alliance; <1 minute queues were awesome, and I also farmed up the Ashhhide Mushan mount too (~21 left for the pet). GD I'm tired, and am glad the week is over, but, still 9 more levels to go (maybe 10, for the title). Hopefully, this is done before the next expansion, as I have a feeling these will reset, for people to try to farm again.
    I hope the next expansion has way more rewards for prestige. It's perfect for the theme of Red vs. Blue. I've been really casual about getting prestige up since the carrots are so far apart from eachother.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I need to start doing that on warrior. Kelthuzad alliance, what's the best strategy for grinding it out?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I need to start doing that on warrior. Kelthuzad alliance, what's the best strategy for grinding it out?
    If you mean Prestige, just lots and lots of time. Even with 100% honor, during BG week and being an Alliance Mercenary, I only got 2 prestige levels, but it was more like 1.75 actual 1-50 levels, due to where I was on the current prestige rank, and that was several hours a day. Doing the Daily Towers is 900 Honor, and the 500 honor quests rotate every several hours. You may be able to farm Tol Barad if you are Alliance in the NA server group, and that's 150+ each hourish + a 300 Honor weekly quest. Outside of that, if you could join a rated battleground crew, or just one that's farming BGs, it may go faster after that, but I've not tried it, as you'll need discord/voice chat. Random Arena could go well for you, if you are one of the high burst + healing DPS or Tank/suitability specs, but losing a round gives you practically nothing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seems Blizz made Blood of Sargeras missions resource neutral, so no more self-sustaining alts, except if you can reduce their cost, like one druid follower does. I stockpiled hundreds, but time to use them just for the gold missions, from now on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just had this nonsense happen to me. Seriously, who lets this shit go in PvP review? 77% of health damage ability is stupid.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So I was doing some older content, as I'm pretty much done with Legion, and I've been going around and collecting every wild pet for the achievements, and for various battle strategies (celestial tournament and dungeon weeklies), but I ended up missing several of the rare spawn ones in the process. Just now though, while waiting for the Restless Shadeling to spawn, I decided to check a few of them, some of which I had checked earlier in the day, and ended up seeing all of the following up:

Anodized Robo Cub
    Harpy Youngling
    Stunted Yeti
    Kun-Lai Runt
    Infinite Whelpling
    Min-Fucking-ernal

I can't say for certain that they share a spawn time, but to have all of them up at the same time seems rather improbable, considering I hit them all up within about 15 minutes of each other; a lot of posters say they waited hours, even clearing out spawns, with no luck. Getting the Minfernal was the f'ing lottery win though, as I'd camped that through most of Legion, doing a daily check on my druid, before giving up on it; whenever I had checked, someone was either camping or swooping around with me, so it shouldn't have been up long. I've had all of the weather related spawns for some time now, and once I go through WoD, I'm pretty sure I'll have every wild battle pet collected.