1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's... bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Is it that unreasonable to think a class could still deserve buffs despite 1 guy being good at it?
    Pretty much how I'd describe XI's RDM circa-2005 or so.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's Balmung. They're saving all their hot shots for when they get back to the Quicksand

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Anyone on Balmung should just be thankful when dungeons don't go to the time limit.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Anyone on Balmung should just be thankful when dungeons don't go to the time limit.
    Can confirm...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep, that's why I hate that some friends on NA datacenter chose to play there instead of, well anywhere else.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been on Balmung since beta and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. I'm hoping this is not simply sour grapes from salty ghost town servers.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I've been on Balmung since release, the server and most of Aether is functionally retarded and if you think otherwise you either only queue with full parties or you're one of the retards.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Only time you can clear anything on balmung is on day 1 release, otherwise you pretty much sol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone going to be awake for the liveletter? Over here in the UK it will be 05:30 or something crazy on Saturday morning and I can't face that!

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been on Balmung since release, the server and most of Aether is functionally retarded and if you think otherwise you either only queue with full parties or you're one of the retards.
    Your statement fundamentally doesn't make sense.

The only reason a non-retard would think that Balmung isn't retarded is if... they queue with full parties of other Balmung people instead of using DF? But I thought that Balmung people who use DF - and get randomly grouped with people from other servers in the data center - should be thankful if their dungeon doesn't timeout (something I've literally never seen happen in DF)? Oh, wait, I guess now it's all of Aether that sucks too, because reasons.

I mean, if the only people left on your tumbleweed server are lifers, then sure, the average competency will be higher than a server so packed that the last time one could create a new character was in April. But that doesn't indict the population of Balmung as a whole, only the lower end. Of course, there are some people who have "challenges with social interactions" and so wind up being repeatedly cast away from the competent players back into the unwashed masses, but that is, shall we say, a different issue.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It's really not a difficult concept to understand. Either you suck at the game, and don't recognise the rest of the server is retarded because you yourself are retarded. Or you do/don't suck at the game and don't realize the rest of the server sucks at the game because you queue with friends and are clueless to the solo queue struggle. The Aether datacenter sucks because Balmung makes up a lot of that population, but it's really not hard to see the raw suckage on Balmung in the Party Finder/Raid Finder either. I've never had a dungeon time out but I've definitely had trials that went to time. The worst part about the people on Balmung is that they're even more resistant to criticism than bad people normally are because RPers are even more disconnected from reality.

But this has nothing to do with patch information so this is where I'll leave it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

6 million players eh.

Guess after tomorrow's letter is when they releasing the trailer.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's really not a difficult concept to understand. Either you suck at the game, and don't recognise the rest of the server is retarded because you yourself are retarded. Or you do/don't suck at the game and don't realize the rest of the server sucks at the game because you queue with friends and are clueless to the solo queue struggle.
    I'm not raiding now, but from 2.0-3.2 my raid group had to pick up randoms from PF at least once a month to cover absences, and very few (less than 1 in 10) of them were "retarded." During the same time period, we recruited a total of 5 new permanent members; once again, randoms from PF.

Like many groups in other data centers, we hit a wall at A3S, so if that's your definition of "retarded," then I guess I agree? But outside of that, I don't agree with your point; we've been able to recruit competent players on Balmung using PF, so I don't know what to tell you. As the saying goes, the one constant in all of your problems is you.

The worst part about the people on Balmung is that they're even more resistant to criticism than bad people normally are because RPers are even more disconnected from reality.
    This speaks more to the general perception perpetuated here than anything else. Due to it's status as the "official" RP server, there is this persistent idea that somehow every party in Balmung is comprised of Olde English-talking renaissance fair rejects. I've been on the server since beta and, combining all the FATE/hunt/PF parties I've ever been in (so, exclusively Balmung players), I've seen less RPers than I did in XI - which wasn't many. If you're standing around in a busy town, your chat will be full of RPing, but the idea that these dedicated RPers are somehow also grinding EX primals for progression weapons doesn't even make sense.

It's the equivalent of saying that since Gilgamesh is the unofficial LGBT server (?), every party there is full of talk about gay sex and marriage equality, followed by a wipe.

For a server full of retards, Balmung seems to do a pretty good job cleaning up in PvP, but I guess that's only because they get matched up with the retards from the other Aether servers (e.g. Gilgamesh). Or something.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Letter from the Producer XXXI Digest is here (I'll add to OP)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/304383

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Side Story Quest Preview

From here http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...17918cd7464cda

In today's sneak peek, we give you a glimpse of Hildibrand─agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire─on his latest case, and new developments in the Scholasticate.

Further Hildibrand Adventures

What strange twists and turns fate takes! For I, Hildibrand, agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire, now find myself father to Gigi, the loveable scamp who has yet to regain his missing memories. Regretfully, we have made no substantial progress of late, but perhaps an investigation into these rumors of criminals masquerading as famed knights will provide a welcome distraction. Aye, have no fear, fair maidens of Ishgard! Hildibrand Helidor Maximilian Manderville shall bring these rogues to justice!

Saint Endalim’s Scholasticate

Great change is sweeping through Ishgard, yet unknown forces would fan the lingering flames of discord between lowborn and highborn. To make matters worse, a student of the seminary is now missing, along with a volume of the Articles of Halonic Polity. Tensions are at an all time high, and it's up to Briardien and the Warrior of Light to uncover the truth and restore order to the scholasticate.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

From here http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...ef4f906e0f7e1b

Patch 3.4 is just around the corner, and in today's preview you'll have a look at the newest additions to housing─apartments, aquariums, and the orchestrion's new playlist!

Apartments

An apartment building has been added to every ward and corresponding subdivision. Before purchasing an apartment, players must first attain level 50 with at least one class. Furthermore, players must have attained the rank of second lieutenant in the Maelstrom, the Order of the Twin Adder, or the Immortal Flames. Each apartment building can house up to 90 tenants, with each room costing 500,000 gil. Players are allowed one apartment per character. Furthermore, it is possible to own both an estate and an apartment.
    * Estate sharing is not permitted with apartments. Furthermore, apartments are not subject to auto-demolition.

Mist
    The Topmast - click for larger image

The Lavender Beds
    Lily Hills - click for larger image

The Goblet
    The Sultana's Breath - click for larger image

Aquariums

After catching fish from the various reaches of Eorzea, you can put them on display using an aquarium in a free company estate, personal estate, private chamber, or apartment. Please note there is a limit of one aquarium per estate or apartment, as well as one per private chamber.

Orchestrion - click for larger image

Upon accessing the orchestrion, the playlist interface will be displayed.
    * Playlists cannot be accesed from inns.

You can choose from one of three playback modes using the buttons located at the bottom of the interface, or via subcommands after selecting a song.

• Play All - Plays all songs registered to the playlist in the order they were registered.
    • Shuffle - Plays all songs registered to the playlist in a random order. No song will be repeated until all songs have been played.
    • Repeat - Plays the selected song on loop.

Should you wish to play a single song not registered to the playlist, the Select Track button at the bottom of the interface will display a separate window listing all songs registered to the orchestrion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Anyone going to be awake for the liveletter? Over here in the UK it will be 05:30 or something crazy on Saturday morning and I can't face that!
    I'll just read the one for 3.2 and it will be 99% the same format rather than wake up at that time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

when does the live letter start? I'm having trouble finding any info.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...62461cec1e8b38
    Friday, September 16th from 9:30 p.m. (PDT)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII
    Introduction of new content and other features to be implemented in Patch 3.4 in “Patch 3.4 Content: Part 2”.