+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

What pisses me off is how they can't think of anything unique to do to make fights challenging other than giving them multi hit, multi target moves that do like 40% damage every 3 seconds.

It's fucking stupid.

Also, feels like this fight is bugged. He does dick damage with full breaks and mitigation yet after his SSB magically they do full damage again.
    This is with full break, PBD, faris/agrias, protect and SS up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Wow... fuck, my synergy is already pretty good but this fight is just insane. =/ Lack of haste kills me, lack of wall kills me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What pisses me off is how they can't think of anything unique to do to make fights challenging other than giving them multi hit, multi target moves that do like 40% damage every 3 seconds.

It's fucking stupid.

Also, feels like this fight is bugged. He does dick damage with full breaks and mitigation yet after his SSB magically they do full damage again.
    This is with full break, PBD, faris/agrias, protect and SS up.
    His trueblade special gives him a +50% def buff which overwrites and is overwritten by armor break(down), and light of the four gives him a +50% atk/mag/def/res buff which overwrites and is overwritten by full break(down) as well as the haste that needs to be dispelled for target score. In practice, the LotF buff is an effective +76% boost to his stats assuming its overwriting a full break effect, which would probably explain the damage spike you are noticing, but refreshing full break will remove that. Physical teams should also remove the trueblade buff with an armor break(down).

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last night all I got was Monk Kick-> Monk Kick-> MONK KICK. Let me put SOMETHING ON FFS.

Finally Mastered the instant I made Exdeath a second healer and got Wall RM on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm assuming it's a tiny chance to happen, but i actually had one attempt last night where he opened with a single target attack. mostly though it was just instant 4k unmitigated monk kicks to the face.

does gilgamesh need to be alive at the end of the fight to get the CM clear? i might just try and cheese it since i have galuf's invincibility SSB and enough LS hones for him to have enough damage to kill it, i just don't think i can keep anyone else alive.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    His trueblade special gives him a +50% def buff which overwrites and is overwritten by armor break(down), and light of the four gives him a +50% atk/mag/def/res buff which overwrites and is overwritten by full break(down) as well as the haste that needs to be dispelled for target score. In practice, the LotF buff is an effective +76% boost to his stats assuming its overwriting a full break effect, which would probably explain the damage spike you are noticing, but refreshing full break will remove that. Physical teams should also remove the trueblade buff with an armor break(down).
    Yea, I figured that out after the fifteenth time, and his damage went way up after his SSB (Trueblade).

Finally mastered. Brought multiple Walls with RW. Got him down to 45%, kills Ysh. Spent the rest of the fight using Ramza to heal with Tailwind.

I recommend anyone having issues to use that, because it heals the party AND applies protect. Then you don't waste a turn getting protect up OR mass healing everyone.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    does gilgamesh need to be alive at the end of the fight to get the CM clear?
    Nope- its just like(most) of the previous CMs: full party of FF5 members.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No unique SB clear (no mastery), though I did use all 8 of my saint crosses. I'd imagine for most, at least 1 good damaging SB would be necessary with this strat.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Brought the A team. Shout, Cleansing Strike, SSII, Galuf's SSB, RW HotE. Full medals. I think 2 S/L overall. I think the winning attempt I had to spam everyone defend the first 3-5 turns until I stabilized. Almost forgot to reapply FB when he hit with Light of the Four. Before Wall applied, with HotE + Power Breakdown + Protectga, Kick was still hitting for about 1200-1500. God damn that sucked.

I'll try CM of this later today when I'm not at work. Double healer will be necessary and I'm aiming for a long battle. Setup will be like this.

Galuf - R4 LS + R3 Full Charge
    Greg - R4 Banishing Strike + R3 Saint's Cross
    Faris - R5 Power Breakdown + R2 Full Break - Kindred Spirit
    Exdeath - R5 Curaga + R2 Protectga - Shared Medica - Doublecast Cure RM
    Lenna - R5 Curaja + R2 Armor Breakdown Dance - Princess' Favor SB
    RW - Wall

I'm expecting a lot of S/L

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

After about ten restarts I finally mastered. No way I'm pulling this cm off

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    Last night all I got was Monk Kick-> Monk Kick-> MONK KICK. Let me put SOMETHING ON FFS.

Finally Mastered the instant I made Exdeath a second healer and got Wall RM on.
    I came to write almost exactly this - I changed Exdeath to 2nd healer, but still used Shout. I went without a wall completely.

had to SL until Lennas ATB gauge was full at the start - to get Protect up before the double-monk kick start.

79 Lenna - Protectga, Curaga - SB, SSB - Lionheart
    80 Greg - DrawFire, Retaliate - SSB - katana+20%(yeah, 'cheesed-it' but it was really nice for his multi-attacks)
    80 Faris - Full Break, AttackBD - SB SSB - Mogs Teachings
    79 Bartz - Full Charge, Lifesiphon - Choco Rush SSB - Sword +20%
    80 Exdeath - Curaja, Dispel - SB SSB - WHM Doublecast

went smooth until the last 20% when he started spam that round orange AOE move, then folks started dropping, first Lenna, then Bartz, then Exdeath... however, Greg and Fariz managed to get off 2 SSBs each and survived with less than 10% HP each... it was close.

Lost 2 medals to Damage, and 1 to Actions, but mastered and CM'd.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's about a 10:1 chance to kick vs attack. Funnily enough on my A team run I got attacked on T1 and T2 - yeah why don'ttcha do that for my CM runs huh?!
    CM runs have been fruitless but fun so far. Probably going to try out all drain strategy and skip mastery since I got it via A team and I have a mix of V synergies (two variously upgraded 4 star axes, a kururu rod and X-Death ssb rod). This challenge finally lived up to the hype for me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    I came to write almost exactly this - I changed Exdeath to 2nd healer, but still used Shout. I went without a wall completely.

had to SL until Lennas ATB gauge was full at the start - to get Protect up before the double-monk kick start.

79 Lenna - Protectga, Curaga - SB, SSB - Lionheart
    80 Greg - DrawFire, Retaliate - SSB - katana+20%(yeah, 'cheesed-it' but it was really nice for his multi-attacks)
    80 Faris - Full Break, AttackBD - SB SSB - Mogs Teachings
    79 Bartz - Full Charge, Lifesiphon - Choco Rush SSB - Sword +20%
    80 Exdeath - Curaja, Dispel - SB SSB - WHM Doublecast

went smooth until the last 20% when he started spam that round orange AOE move, then folks started dropping, first Lenna, then Bartz, then Exdeath... however, Greg and Fariz managed to get off 2 SSBs each and survived with less than 10% HP each... it was close.

Lost 2 medals to Damage, and 1 to Actions, but mastered and CM'd.
    Thanks for this, switched to your setup and managed to CM. Didn't master, but w/e. TBH this was my fault, didn't dispel haste by accident.

EDIT: CM + Master now, went back with full V team just for personal satisfaction.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I think my Turn 1 will end up like this.

Lenna SB Curaga + Regen
    Exdeath Protectga
    Faris - Power Breakdown
    Greg - RW Wall
    Galuf - Defend

I'm still expecting to get rekt. Though for Exdeath, better to run +20% healing magic or Devout's RM2?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    I think my Turn 1 will end up like this.

I'm still expecting to get rekt. Though for Exdeath, better to run +20% healing magic or Devout's RM2?
    I wasn't sure what to give Exdeath, I gave him enough MND gear to get 412MND, and finally made/used Curaja for this event (never felt a need for it - still don't). Since Curaga was healing for more HP than pretty much everyone had, I figured Curaja wouldn't need the +20% (and it didn't, it was over kill with 412 MND) so I went with WHM Doublecast, but it never proc'd.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I can't complete this fight. Bartz is so meta, that every fight I've done (ten or so), he gets to 25% and crashes my game. In the 18 months of playing, I have NEVER had the game crash. Ever.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ah... someone on reddit also mentioned the game crashing on Bartz BSB... didn't have a solution though

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    I can't complete this fight. Bartz is so meta, that every fight I've done (ten or so), he gets to 25% and crashes my game. In the 18 months of playing, I have NEVER had the game crash. Ever.
    A few months ago I had an issue with one of Yunas SBs, the one with En-light, crashing when I had Pulse Kindness equipped on her, and the turn AFTER I used her SB would cause the game to crash - like it couldn't decide to do a cure-attack, or a en-holy attack... happened like 5 times on the Anima battle, was so annoying...

to fix it, I had to completely power down my tablet.

BG Level

Mastered CM. 2 Medals lost on damage. I think 3 S/Ls. Funny enough the start wasn't terrible with my strategy, but it was timing Galuf's SSB wearing off. He ate a 6k Light of the Four hit and it one shot him, and then my dps was too low to keep up. Follow up run was pretty on the spot. Still super close as things were hitting for 800 back row once SSII wore off. Galuf was the carry though. 24k+ full charges.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    A few months ago I had an issue with one of Yunas SBs, the one with En-light, crashing when I had Pulse Kindness equipped on her, and the turn AFTER I used her SB would cause the game to crash - like it couldn't decide to do a cure-attack, or a en-holy attack... happened like 5 times on the Anima battle, was so annoying...

to fix it, I had to completely power down my tablet.
    I'll try it. THANKS!