BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFRK - Prima Donna (FF6) Event & Strategies

"W... Wait! I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!" - Celes

Event Start Date: September 14
    Event Bonus Battle: September 17
    Event End Date: September 24

All Information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site.

Most, if not all info for the event (Commentary/Ultimate Abilities was directly copy/pasted from it, so all credit to the site for that especially!) comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...jp_megathread/

Notable Rewards
    Celes Opera Dress Record

New Characters Acquired
    None

Old Characters Acquired
    Terra
    Setzer
    Strago
    Mog

New Memory Crystals

Mog MC2
    Strago MC2

Old Memory Crystals
    Celes MC1
    Terra MC1
    Strago MC1
    Setzer MC1
    Mog MC1

New Record Materia

Mog MC2: MND+20%, MAG -20%.
    Strago MC2: Increases Water DMG by 20%.

New Record Sphere
    Terra
    Relm

Characters Needed for Battles
    None

Cid Missions
    Defeat Ultimate+ Dungeon "TBA (U+)" with a party including a party of only FFVI Characters.

Relics

Banner 1
    Spoiler: show
    Lightbringer: BSB, Celes, All Allies ATK/MAG +30% for 25 seconds and Self En-Holy for 25 seconds and Self Haste + Burst Mode [Attack: 4 hit (0.54 per hit) Single Target Holy/Fire PHY Defend: 4 hit (0.54 per hit) Single Target Holy/Ice PHY]
    Tiara: SSB, Terra, 5 hit (2.88 per hit) All Target Fire MAG and Self En-Fire for 25 seconds
    Shiny Thing: SSB, Gau, 3 hit (2.05 per hit) Ranged All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self Meteor Rage [Berserk: 2 hit (1.19 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental PHY] for 3 turns
    Valiant Knife: SSB, Locke, 8 hit (1.00 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and ATK increases as HP decreases
    Chocobo Brush: SSB, Relm, All Allies Curaga (h85) and High Regen for 25 seconds
    Cards: SB, Setzer 3 hit (1.40 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK/MAG -40% for 25 seconds
    Thief's Bracer: Shared SB, 1 hit (???) All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Slow (40%)

Banner 2
    Stardust Rod: BSB, Terra, 5 hit (2.88 per hit) All Target Non-Elemental MAG and Self Haste + Burst Mode [Attack: 4 hit (2.62 per hit) Single Target Fire/Non-Elemental MAG Defend: 4 hit (2.62 per hit) Single Target Water/Non-Elemental MAG]
    Fixed Dice: SSB, Setzer, Randomly 1-6 hit (3333 DMG per hit) Random Target Non-Elemental PHY and Enemy ATK/RES -40% for 25 seconds
    Excalibur: SSB, Celes, 5 hit (1.58 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and Self Grand Cross for 25 seconds
    Chainsaw: SSB, Edgar, 6 hit (1.32 per hit) Random Target Non-Elemental PHY and Imperial Poison for 25 seconds
    Tigerfang: SSB, Sabin, 8 hit (0.98 per hit) Single Target Non-Elemental PHY and All Allies Blink
    Luminous Robe: SB, Relm, All Allies Hastega & Critical Hit Rate +50% for 25 seconds
    Thief's Bracer: Shared SB, 1 hit (???) All Target Non-Elemental PHY and Slow (40%)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bonus Battles
    World of Ruin +
    • Black Dragon
      HP: ~118,206
      Target Score: Defeat the Black Dragon without being KO'd, Reduce the Black Dragon's MAG.
      • Weak: Fire and Holy
      • Absorbs: Bio
      • Null: None
      • Vulnerabilities: Slow Abilities, Confuse Abilities, Sap Abilities, and Stun Abilities
    • Humbaba
      HP: ~123,729
      Target Score: Defeat Humbaba without being KO'd, Reduce Humbaba's MAG.
      • Weak: Bio
      • Resists: None
      • Absorbs: Thunder
      • Vulnerabilities: Paralyze Abilities, Blind Abilities, and Stun Abilities

Commentary

Humbaba can be Paralyzed, but Black Dragon doesn't have any crippling status weaknesses. Neither is especially ferocious in combat, so just use their elemental weaknesses against them.

Broken Down Castle ++
    Tentacles
    HP: ~50,145 each
    Target Score:
    • Defeat the Tentacles without being KO'd.
    • Reduce one Tentacle's MAG.
    • Reduce one Tentacle's DEF.

Weak: Ice and Water (Lower Right), Fire (Lower Left)
    Resists:
    Absorbs: Fire (Lower Right), Ice and Water (Lower Left), Thunder and Water (Upper Right), Earth and Water (Upper Left)
    Vulnerabilities: Many

Commentary

Odin or Crush will take care of the Lower Left tentacle, and all of the others are vulnerable to Paralyze and Petrify. Petrifying them is probably not worth the effort, but if you have an AOE Paralyze SB it'll do you a lot of good here. Either way, their offense is anemic and can be entirely managed with Draw Fire+Retaliate and Carbuncle, if you care to try to nullify it. Their HP is low enough that almost any serious AOE damage will melt them in a turn or two.

Total medals = 18, meaning you can only afford to lose 3 medals to get Mastery.

TBA +++
    Red Dragon
    HP: ~194,736
    Target Score:
    • Exploit Red Dragon's weakness to ice attacks.
    • Reduce Red Dragon's MAG.
    • Reduce Red Dragon's DEF.

Weak: Ice and Water
    Absorbs: Fire
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Poison Abilities, Confuse Abilities, Blind Abilities, Slow Abilities, Sap Abilities, and Stun Abilities

Commentary

Poison and Slow the Red Dragon and you'll be fine. This one is weaker than the equivalent Trial of Five Ultimates version, so if you were able to do the 3rd Red Dragon there, this one should be easy.

The Hidden (Ultimate)
    Hidon & Erebus
    HP: ~120,235 (Hidon), ~37,487 each (Erebus)
    Target Score:
    • Reduce any Enemy's MAG.
    • Reduce any Enemy's ATK.
    • Reduce any Enemy's DEF.

Weak: None
    Absorbs: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities (Both)

Abilities

Moveset (Hidon, Default):
    Special: Attack (deal 110% physical damage to one target)
    30% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to one target)
    15% chance, unlocks turn 3: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to all targets)
    20% chance: Bio (deal 450% magical bio damage to one target)
    20% chance: Poison Breath (deal 450% magical bio damage to one target with a 33% chance to Poison them, ignoring Reflect)
    15% chance: Absorb (deal 140% physical damage to one target, recovering 17% of the damage dealt as HP)
    Special: Poison (33% chance to Poison all targets)
    Special: Bio (deal 350% magical bio damage to all targets)

Moveset (Hidon, Strong):
    20% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to one target)
    20% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to all targets)
    15% chance: Bio (deal 450% magical bio damage to one target)
    20% chance: Poison Breath (deal 450% magical bio damage to one target with a 33% chance to Poison them, ignoring Reflect)
    20% chance: Absorb (deal 140% physical damage to one target, recovering 17% of the damage dealt as HP)
    Special: Grand Trine (deal 50%? magical non-elemental damage to all targets, ignoring resistance)

Moveset (Top-most Erebus):

10% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to one target)
    30% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to all targets)
    60% chance: Megaclaw (deal 190% physical damage to one target)

Moveset (Upper Center Erebus):
    90% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to all targets)

Moveset (Lower Center Erebus):

60% chance: Confuse Claw (deal 100% physical damage to one target with a % chance to Confuse them)

Moveset (Bottom-most Erebus):
    60% chance: Poison Claw (deal 100% physical damage to one target with a 36% chance to Poison them)

Commentary
    • Lower Center Erebus starts the fight with Reflect active.

Make sure you don't kill all the Erebuses; Hidon gets much faster and more dangerous if you do. I recommend leaving either Top-most or Upper Center Erebus alive, since they don't do status effects. Top-most uses mostly single target attacks, while Upper Center uses mostly AOEs which deal less damage per hit than Top-most's most common attack. The Erebuses deal pure physical damage, but Hidon deals mixed physical and magical damage. Hidon's magical attacks are more dangerous than his physical ones, so you probably want to err on that side for him. All of the single target physicals in this fight are vulnerable to Draw Fire + Retaliate, but if you go that route you want to avoid hurting the Erebuses at all so that the Retaliates hit Hidon itself.

Trespassing Octopus (U+)
    Orthros
    HP: ~60,354 each Phase (5 Phases)
    Target Score:
    • Exploit Orthros's weakness to holy attacks when he is weak to it.
    • Reduce Orthros's MAG.
    • Reduce Orthros's ATK.

Weak: Holy (Phase 1), Fire (Phase 2), Ice (Phase 3)
    Absorbs: Water (All Phases)
    Resists: None
    Null: None
    Vulnerabilities: Stun Abilities

Abilities

Moveset (First):
    60% chance: Attack (deal % physical damage to one target)
    40% chance: Attack (deal % physical damage to all targets)
    Special: Ink (303% chance to Blind all targets)
    Special: Aqua Breath (deal 300% magical water damage to all targets)
    Special: Rockfall (deal 350% physical damage to all targets, ignoring Retaliate and defense)
    5% chance to activate in response to any attack: Haste (grant Haste to self)
    5% chance to activate in response to any attack: Protect (grant Protect to self)

Moveset (Second):
    30% chance: Attack (deal 190% physical damage to one target)
    30% chance: Firaja (deal 450% magical fire damage to one target)
    40% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to all targets)
    Special: Landslide (deal 350% magical earth damage to all targets)
    Special: Rockfall (deal 350% physical damage to all targets, ignoring Retaliate and defense)
    5% chance to activate in response to any attack: Protect (grant Protect to self)

Moveset (Third):
    100% chance: 凶 Tentacle (deal 60% physical damage 8 times to random targets, ignoring Retaliate)

Moveset (Fourth):
    30% chance: Thundaja (deal 450% magical thunder damage to one target)
    10% chance: Tusk (deal 190% physical damage to one target)
    20% chance: 凶 Tentacle (deal 60% physical damage 8 times to random targets, ignoring Retaliate)
    40% chance: Attack (deal % physical damage to all targets)
    Special: Gigavolt (deal 350% magical thunder damage to all targets)

Moveset (Fifth):
    10% chance: Tusk (deal 190% physical damage to one target)
    40% chance: 凶 Tentacle (deal 60% physical damage 8 times to random targets, ignoring Retaliate)
    50% chance: Attack (deal 150% physical damage to all targets)
    Special: Landslide (deal 350% magical earth damage to all targets)

Commentary

Orthros's buffs and debuffs reset every time he "dies". I'm not sure what the trigger for using the moves marked as "Special" are; they absolutely get used but they're marked with a 0 weight in the JSON and I can't find any reference to them in the battle AI.
    Orthros is a pretty big bastard. He's both fast and strong to start with and gets faster and stronger as the fight goes on. Phases 1, 2, 4, and 5 have mixed physical and magical offenses, while phase 3 only has physical. This fight demands a lot of mitigation; if you have a native Hastega, definitely bring a wall, it'll make your life a lot easier. You really want to bring mixed mitigation, and you also need to make sure that your Support character is ready to hit Orthros with a Breakdown every time he "dies". The constant cleansing of Orthros's debuffs is really difficult to deal with.

Event Quest Notes: I tried doing this with a RW wall and it kept the damage manageable, but I didn't have nearly enough damage (note: my 6 synergy is godawful and the only character SBs I have are for Relm) without Shout. Remember that Terra can bring a Breakdown! I'd run Full Break and Power Breakdown on Setzer, with Magic Breakdown on Terra for the phases with nasty spells (mainly 2 and 4).

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just wanna say that you're wrong Alkar

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I just wanna say that you're wrong Alkar
    Terra is the only true FFVI waifu, Celes is B-tier at best

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So... this VI banner is supposed to be one of the god-class banners before OSB era right?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Terra is the only true FFVI waifu, Celes is B-tier at best
    I'm sorry, but you are incorrect, sir. Celes is quite obviously above Terra in waifu rank. Celes has the Opera House scene, among other events. What does Terra have? The scene where she flew off screaming like a crazed esper?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    So... this VI banner is supposed to be one of the god-class banners before OSB era right?
    Nope. It's ok but totally inferior to Greg #1 which includes 2 BSBs, tons of SSBs and no shared relics.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are incorrect, sir. Celes is quite obviously above Terra in waifu rank. Celes has the Opera House scene, among other events. What does Terra have? The scene where she flew off screaming like a crazed esper?
    Well, there's the whole literal killing of half your own existence, as well as being able to find a reason to love and coming to terms with who you are.

But the blonde knight duo of Agrias and Celes remain the one true waifu.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Celes is an overall better character than Terra. Celes' arc is actually way better.

When I go into VI Realms, I don't even bother with Terra. Celes goes in there alone and comes back with 10 Mythril.

BG Level

U+ will be fun

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ready as well

BG Level

My body is ready. Though my VI synergy is extremely lacking.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And done

Setup used in my previous post

Sbs used:
    Relm ssb
    Setzer shared protectga
    Locke ssb
    Edgar drill
    Kefka none

BG Level

Took me 1 sl cuz he does hurt a lot without protectga but still easy

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Keep running out of hones. I probably need to run Gau in my setup with Shout or something but I just A-teamed it for now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Had some trouble in pacing debuffs/rebuffs between the phases. Finally opted to refresh Shout/Protect/Shell right after phase 2, and then held off right as phase 4 began for Full Break and then burst that phase down with Celes Indonesian Blade/Locke/Kefka which made for a very easy Phase 5.

Key really seemed to be, if you're only running 1 healer instead of 2, is to burn down the nasty phase 4 with all that AoE lightning.

BG Level

I will probably spend tomorrow leveling Edgar and Setzer up in preparation.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

gg ez

naw it was actually reasonably challenging even being super stacked, lost 2 damage medals. probably due to edgar eating an 8k thundaja in p4. i absolutely agree with kirin, phase 4 is the one to focus down. 5 can get a bit hairy too if you don't have FB/PBD queued up to land when it starts as the physical AoE is no joke either.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Had to swap Gau for Edgar(forgot he had Drill SB) and let Shadow and Locke do work. Ultimate Tentacles kept aiming after Shadow and kept putting him at the last pixel of hp.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ugh.. love when Ulitmate Tentacle hits the same person on all hits... especially when its your healer.