Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Finally! Piercing, Slashing, and Blunt have been added to the Auto-Translate.

also...

/sigh @ incoming 'Blunt' jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Update says "A" New Alter Ego was introduced (Galka pictured)... does that mean we get Galka this month, and the rest are gonna take 4 more months to pop out?
    according to this: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ust-Initiative
    its currently avaliable through records of eminence , no clue however wich category is objective 3 >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok, trying again. We're doing a little better.

The NIN NM is definitely the Mega Boss. Our current setup is RUN (tank) SMN WHM SAM GEO BLU

There are 5 NMs at the start. NIN is boss. Then there's a PLD, DRG, MNK, and WHM

WHM casts enfeeblegas but has low HP. It will use Benediction but it will go down fast. Our SMN was able to take it out easily.

The other NMs all have their respective 2 hrs. MNK Hundred Fists hits hard, so recommended that NM gets taken out quickly as well. DRG and PLD were also easy, the SMN used Magic BP to take down the PLD in 3 uses of BP Rage.

We're fighting the NIN right now. It does have a move that seems to be random target that will one-shot you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok, we wiped to the NIN. And FYI, this is on Normal Intense btw.

The NIN NM hits extremely hard. 1.5k normal hit to me on GEO, with 2.6k crit. Our RUN got hit while he was using Lunge for 1.1k dmg and died. Might need a PLD or PUP to tank the NIN NM.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

:O Sparks npc no longer kicks you out of menu while buying, and keeps you on same item after a purchase now. Can very easily spam purchases now.

Looks like all the old cheer KIs got removed from the list and are now displaying the detailed tooltip in the new menu. Same for moghancements. OOC, did the old KI data get removed from the data? Or are they just not used anymore?

Can someone who knows what they are doing better than I, math out whether or not Arasy Staff +1 is an upgrade from Lathi? MBD II may be enough to offset the other stat differences, but I am not an expert when it comes to magey math

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Can someone who knows what they are doing better than I, math out whether or not Arasy Staff +1 is an upgrade from Lathi? MBD II may be enough to offset the other stat differences, but I am not an expert when it comes to magey math
    First it depends if you can make use of the extra 5 MB DMG, which on BLM you probably can.

Second: Lathi with Path A has the following extra: INT+15 MAB+37 MDMG+15. I know you cant just look at it like that since it depends on the rest of your gear, but I'd have to assume that Lathi would curbstomp Arasy+1

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Smokenttp View Post
    according to this: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ust-Initiative
    its currently avaliable through records of eminence , no clue however wich category is objective 3 >.>
    By Phoenix.Capuchin on ffxiah

Prerequisites to flag the AAGK quest/RoE from talking to Jamal seem to be:

1) Complete all of the 3 nations' starting trust quests and get the following trusts:

Bastok: Naji, Ayame, Volker, Iron Eater
    Sandy: Excenmille, Curilla, Trion
    Windurst: Kupipi, Nanaa Mihgo, Ajido-Marujido, Shantotto

2) Talk to Jamal to get the "Bundle of Half-inscribed Scrolls" KI. That allows you to get some WotG trusts, some of which do have mission progress prerequisites.
    * Rainemard - talk to Shanene at Batallia Downs (S) (J-7)
    * Excenmille (S) - talk to Rholont at Southern San d'Oria (S) (E-7) after completing the quest Face of the Future.
    * Klara - talk to Gentle Tiger (S) at Bastok Markets (S) (H-6) after completing the quest Bonds of Mythril.
    * Romaa Mihgo - talk to Romaa Mihgo (S) at Windurst Waters (S) (G-11) (North) after completing the quest At Journey's End.

3) I think you need all 4 of the WotG trusts above, then talk to Jamal again. I had them on main, got the AAGK quest immediately. On my mule, I was able to flag the WotG trusts from the first Jamal conversation but he won't give me the AAGK dialogue yet, even after zoning. Guess I need to go get the trusts first.
    Seems accurate, since one of my alts dont have Shantotto, and she cant get the Scrolls KI.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    First it depends if you can make use of the extra 5 MB DMG, which on BLM you probably can.

Second: Lathi with Path A has the following extra: INT+15 MAB+37 MDMG+15. I know you cant just look at it like that since it depends on the rest of your gear, but I'd have to assume that Lathi would curbstomp Arasy+1
    Kinda figured that due to the augs on Lathi. What I'm wondering is if the MBD II +5% would make up for the stat loss during MB's.. Probably not, but worth making sure. XD

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Ok, we wiped to the NIN. And FYI, this is on Normal Intense btw.

The NIN NM hits extremely hard. 1.5k normal hit to me on GEO, with 2.6k crit. Our RUN got hit while he was using Lunge for 1.1k dmg and died. Might need a PLD or PUP to tank the NIN NM.
    Sounds like if you don't follow a specific kill order the NM gets powered up and what you experienced happens?
    He sounds way too strong for a Normal Intense, I'm sure if you follow a different kill order (or kill NM first?) something different will happen.

AAGK trust, seems to use Jump, High Jump, Hasso, Third Eye, Meditate and will Sekka to self-SC Yuki>Kasha. I've only seen him use Yuki/Kasha/Gekko. I can't see myself ever using him tbh outside of taking a screenshot once all the AAs are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How have they treated it poorly? Theres always crafting items that people make tons of gil off of or that others are forced to buy lol.
    If you think a couple HQ items here and there being profitable translates to a healthy economy, then by all means, continue to believe crafting is well off.

Meanwhile, if you just plain ignore everything below ilvl, the crafted Superior items are a flop, the "best" gear is largely dropped and/or augmented by outside sources, and even the consumables market took a bit of a hit thanks to the Rhapsody moogle.

If could wave a magic wand and change things, the i117 sparks gear would've been easily crafted, Alluvion skirmish gear would have a crafted counterpart for each set that falls between naked and godly augments, various Escha components would then go toward stuff a little worse off than augmented cursed stuff. Without going too specifically into a job's needs, you can figure that at least 5 sets per tier to work with, with the obvious room to grow based on your needs/playstyle.

Either way, the game's craft woes aren't exactly exclusive to XI. A lot of it can be traced back to the fear of RMT and shifting things to Ex drops.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Getting a 100% skillup rate (below cap, non-break, also using Kitron Macaron) on Bird Fletchings.

Kept a 100% skillup rate until 44 (Cap+2) and now it is probably still a >50% skillup rate.

Skillup rate dropped below 50% at 45 and will likely keep going down.

This is still a massive improvement in skillup rate.

More testing:
    I had a 100% skillup rate with Silk Thread (Crawler Cocoon x2) until 52 (cap +1). I probably just got lucky before (and may just be getting lucky going over cap at all with a 100% skillup rate).

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    If you think a couple HQ items here and there being profitable translates to a healthy economy, then by all means, continue to believe crafting is well off.
    lolwut?

Meanwhile, if you just plain ignore everything below ilvl, the crafted Superior items are a flop, the "best" gear is largely dropped and/or augmented by outside sources, and even the consumables market took a bit of a hit thanks to the Rhapsody moogle.
    lolwut, again?

Not really sure what you're talking of.
    Are you even playing or describing the situation you're getting from what you read over these boards? o.O

At this point, I think it'd just be easier to ask what all these apparently high-demand crafted items are outside the obvious HQ cursed market or stuff like the haste belt. Because I'm trying to look at this big picture, which includes realizing the early game economy is pretty much non-existent now with the population being so top-heavy. Meanwhile, most everyone else who talks about making money is doing the RME currency grind, NPCing sparks gear, or depending on how far you go back, even admitting to fish botting. To me, that carries the undertone that if crafting really was so great, more people would be doing it and the issue of finding crafters would likely be non-existent.

Campaign
    BG Level

At this point, I think it'd just be easier to ask what all these apparently high-demand crafted items are outside the
    [cut]
    Why are you even trying to argue your opinion about this specific topic when you don't even know things like these? And I apologize if I sound too blunt, but here it's not even a matter of being wrong vs right, more a matter of you showing that you clearly don't have enough information in your hands to construct a definite idea within your mind, yet it's exactely a very definite (and reluctant to change) idea that you're stubbornly presenting over these boards.

First of all there's the HQ cursed market, and that's a big market, we're not talking about 2 or 3 interesting pieces, but quite many.
    Then there's all the plethora of crafted gear SE has been adding all these last months. Powerful earrings, rings, grips, ammos, accessories etc.
    For some professions it's been quite profitable lately.
    The fact it's potentially profitable doesn't mean it automatically gets profitable for everyone who has that specific profession levelled.
    It takes large funds to invest into materials (it's in the big numbers that you make a profit, not in 4 synths alone), alts with professions to help with all of that and so on.
    tl;dr it takes effort, and you need to know the market on your server and how to maximize profits and so on.
    It's not something that everyone can learn to proficiently do, but for those who manage it's been quite profitable.

SE tried to do things like this since SoA, but aside some rare exception here and there (there HAVE been, we can't deny that) it wasn't quite a huge business world, majority of "good" stuff was R/E dropping from events and such.
    When the crafting thing exploded is probably somewhere around Escha Ru'aun. Before that things weren't THAT bad, but clearly not as good as they are now either.

Yes, SU stuff has been mostly a failure, with a few exceptions here as well.
    Yes, some previously profitable crafted consumable (food, arrows, stuff) are no longer profitable because they got added to Curio Moogles but you have to consider that
    1) The profit wasn't really that huge to begin with
    2) The price on Curio Moogles is usually as much if not higher than what you used to pay on AH (many things are still cheaper on AH than on moogles)
    3) A lot of new, better stuff got added at the same time, so many players now want those "higher tier" things rather than the "old" ones which are now available on the Moogle. An example? Sole Sushi.

When you consider all of this the impact on the market hasn't been as "end of the world" as you wanted to make it look like. For a couple of things maybe, but overall it hardly made an impact.
    I'm talking about the Asura situation but I can't picture the scenario being too different on other servers too.

If we want to sum up my thoughts the thing is that yeah, crafting can be VERY profitable, but it's only such for very few individuals on each server, and it's rightfully so. If crafting were something that any John Smith could easily pull off any time, it suddenly wouldn't be profitable anymore of course, for obvious reasons.
    The "normal", "average" player of course needs to gain incomes in other ways, and trust me I think there are so many different ways to make money these days in FFXI, most of which have similar levels of efficiency and cather to different people with different playstyles, different jobs and different tastes.

And you presume I don't think about the corner cutting measures like alts and such. I don't look to lottery synths like cursed gear as good investments because personal experience has taught me that if you don't exceed a 1 in 5 HQ rate, you're in the red. And in knowing actual HQ tier values, we know that's impossible for certain things.

Meanwhile, it's really silly to advocate that an economy is good if only a few people are filthy rich in it. No, I'm not talking about everyone being millionaires, but more that anything half decent really shouldn't be costing multiple millions of gil to begin with. And part of that is on SE's end when it comes to material rarity/keeping content pertinent. Vagary stands out in this regard.

And yeah, being on Asura probably is staining your perception. Prices might not be too different, indeed, but how fast things move is just as important, if not more so.

Edit: I can't bring myself to say I like the reality that you can only be good if you throw more money at SE for alts, too. It's like people saying the Abyssea days were easy because they tri-boxed a WHM and BLM with their main. Sure, it's true, but it creates an uneven playing field.

Edit2: And in fairness of thinking you might change my mind or throw too much into future replies, it's probably simpler to think me an MMO commie. So, my perception of who deserves what is probably going to vary greatly with those who think, in this case, unregulated free markets are awesome.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    By Phoenix.Capuchin on ffxiah

Seems accurate, since one of my alts dont have Shantotto, and she cant get the Scrolls KI.
    I was not able to get the quest "Quell Your Rage," -- but I had completed the pre-req to get Excenmille (S), so I went and picked up that trust and Rainemard.

Went back to Jamal and got the dialogue for Quell Your Rage.

My guess would be that you need the Bundle of scrolls, 1 of the past-nation quest Trusts (and maybe Rainemard) and then you'll be able to flag Quell Your Rage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And you presume I don't think about the corner cutting measures like alts and such. I don't look to lottery synths like cursed gear as good investments because personal experience has taught me that if you don't exceed a 1 in 5 HQ rate, you're in the red. And in knowing actual HQ tier values, we know that's impossible for certain things.

Meanwhile, it's really silly to advocate that an economy is good if only a few people are filthy rich in it. No, I'm not talking about everyone being millionaires, but more that anything half decent really shouldn't be costing multiple millions of gil to begin with. And part of that is on SE's end when it comes to material rarity/keeping content pertinent. Vagary stands out in this regard.

And yeah, being on Asura probably is staining your perception. Prices might not be too different, indeed, but how fast things move is just as important, if not more so.

Edit: I can't bring myself to say I like the reality that you can only be good if you throw more money at SE for alts, too. It's like people saying the Abyssea days were easy because they tri-boxed a WHM and BLM with their main. Sure, it's true, but it creates an uneven playing field.

Edit2: And in fairness of thinking you might change my mind or throw too much into future replies, it's probably simpler to think me an MMO commie. So, my perception of who deserves what is probably going to vary greatly with those who think, in this case, unregulated free markets are awesome.
    Relative to other MMO's, FFXI's crafting is fucking phenomenal. I haven't played WoW for a while, but best case the way that worked is there would be 1-3 BiS crafted pieces per tier of content, that's it. In FFXIV crafted gear catches you up but is outclasses by raid gear all around, and then you just make materia from my understanding. In FFXI, a BiS character is going to have well over a billion gil in crafted gear on it, except for weird exceptions like WHM or something. That's a much bigger demand than in other MMO's. Sure, it's not early days FFXI, but that was because there were 5-20x as many players, at various levels, everyone was leveling new jobs constantly and crafters were rare.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    :O Sparks npc no longer kicks you out of menu while buying, and keeps you on same item after a purchase now. Can very easily spam purchases now.

Looks like all the old cheer KIs got removed from the list and are now displaying the detailed tooltip in the new menu. Same for moghancements. OOC, did the old KI data get removed from the data? Or are they just not used anymore?

KIs are still in-game.

Campaign
    BG Level

Meanwhile, it's really silly to advocate that an economy is good if only a few people are filthy rich in it.
    Me? Advocating Crafting? Are you even serious?
    I've been reknown for going super emo and fighting against that model on all possible FFXI-related boards, to the point of making people hate me even more.
    I *loathe* crafting, I loathe how a few already rich individuals can get even richer through those means, I hate how it creates an NQ item for everyone and a shiny HQ for 28 people in the world.
    I liked the "R/E onry" model so much more, fuck crafters, if it were for me I would completely remove professions from the game. I hate crafting in general in every MMO, but especially so in FFXI where it's 1) not fun and repetitive and boring, 2) so much relying on RNG.

I wasn't advocating crafting as profitable at all, I was just underlying how some of your statements were quite far from the current situation of the game, doesn't mean is a situation that I like because I totally do not, but that's a different story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast