Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'd even be so bold as to assert the best time to be an alchemist was with the ToAU launch and making of PUP attachments.
    I dunno, weren't the majority of attachments made through Goldsmithing, with Alchemist being the second?
    Either way those attachments were pretty cheap and nobody cared for lolPUP so I doubt there was a big market request granting noticeable profit for professions.
    I thought alchemy during the leve75 era was profitable early on for some cursed gear and mostly for the Hakutaku pop item?
    I remember some of my LS mates making some gil (alas not huge amounts) thanks to those.

And I'd posit that's why the game went so R/Ex-centric from Abyssea and onward.
    I'm sorry for the (very few) ethically correct crafters around who worked their ass to level professions, who suddenly felt all their efforts go to waste when the meta-game changed to R/E centric, but I still liked that type of game so much more.
    Fuck crafting, fuck greedy assholes.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

PUP attachments also synthed to 12, despite only needing one for the automaton. I dont think it was a huge money maker.

It was more of an impatience tax thing. In the grand scheme, no, PUP wasn't a popular job, but people also didn't know it was initially so lol. So, yeah, it wasn't hard to turn maybe a 100k investment into a 1m profit, and such lasted for a few weeks with competition light at first. Enough to easily fund a relic? Nah, but beat the piss out of churning out oils/powder for pennies profit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The best time to be an alchemist was before the original RNG nerf making bullets. Aside from that, now is the best time to be an alchemist.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

*with Kupo shield or capped gil to dump into Amalric Doublet +1

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Psh I was a gillionaire making Hexed Jacket -1s. The real limiting factor for me was not being in an ls that did legion and a lot of the lss that did only selling in house. Well that and the fact it took a good 80-100 million in materials and making nqs that no one wanted to get an hq

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

just a weird side thing that probably will never matter, but during an ambuscade 2 vd run our sch silenced the gnole and it hate reset and transferred all the hate onto the sch. he did it multiple times during the run.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Ambuscade vol2 VD:
    As GEO/RDM w/o dedicated enfeeble set -
    Dispel was never resisted. Seen removed: Accuracy Bonus, Counterstance, and an oddly named Magic Accuracy Bonus "Intension" (that I found out was a m.acc bonus after checking bgwiki for the odd name lol)
    Frazzle was never resisted.
    Distract was always resisted.
    Sleep II was immune.
    All other debuffs were always resisted, but maybe due to lack of enfeebling skill? Has anyone tried using a geared RDM to cripple this thing yet?

edit: Should probably mention that the only time I ever pulled agro was after being the TA dummy for 2x THF (after the 3rd or 4th TA+Rudra's) with a PUP tank XD

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Similar thing happened to me, Ullegore landed something (silence seal?) and it stayed on him from 75% to 20% health

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Obviously SE making a mechanic to let rdm's tank

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone know the trigger or condition for the silence thing on Gnoll? I got it to work when experimenting on solo VD, but it only worked on the second silence.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been playing around with the werewolf and yeah everytime it stands up 2 minutes after engage/agro. Seems to have some kind of decent regen probably effected by moonphase

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So been playing around with the werewolf and yeah everytime it stands up 2 minutes after engage/agro. Seems to have some kind of decent regen probably effected by moonphase
    Not that the fight is particularly difficult, but a group I was with had everyone spamming provoke. If I counted right he stood up after the 5th provoke every single time. We we're getting him on two feet @ 90% health.

I've had same experience. He stands up by my second provoke if we have 3 ppl voke initially, meaning he stands in about 30 seconds. Speeds up fight considerably, and you don't need a whm so you can add an extra DD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm interesting. Guess enough provoke might speed it up? Idk I just been using auto and it's been exactly 2 min everytime but autos aren't throwing out that many vokes

edit: yep. guess it is 5 vokes. Now I'm not sure if time mattered since 2 minutes would be how long it should take 1 person to do 5 vokes...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He still stands up even if you have no-one in the party that uses Provoke, though I can't claim it's exactly at 2 minutes.

Yea I've had parties with no one voking or only pld voking and he stands up eventually, so I doubt it's based only on provoke, but provoke does seem to make it happen faster.

Wouldn't put it past SE to just pull the JA proc rate formula from Dynamis there.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's just timed. As Dasva said he stands up 2 minutes after being engaged and gets back on all fours again after 3. Provoke causing him to stand after x number of them isn't surprising either since Provoke is how you normally make a gnole stand up.

Cumulative hate from your entire party is 100% a factor. We have all DDs sub WAR and within 5-6 provokes he's standing. Landing silence on him is also an enormous hate spike, as our GEO pulls hate each and every fight solely from bubbles and silence.