+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It's kinda like mercy killing. I mean, who the fuck is gonna take care of those damaged dogs?

Benefit of going to the news and them possibly running with it as a story could also mean said animals are more likely to get adopted. People really do hate hearing about animals getting treated like shit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It was a different situation and not this severe, but I knocked on an apartment (sans bat lol) of a young woman neglecting her dog. I spoke directly and firmly, said to take care of your fucking dog, while shoving the puppy into her chest. For about a week, it was tied up outside almost daily, barking with great discontent before I snapped.

Some people are special pieces of shit and may remain unphased, but others can be a little unsettled by a neighbor giving some real talk. This girl was pretty startled, and I never saw the dog outside again, although I moved in the following months.

This lady in this thread is reprehensible. I would not let up, and I wouldn't rule out using local media or social media. She needs euthanasia more than the dogs. Do keep us abreast.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Threaten her with the bat, kill her with the bat, leave her for the dogs to eat. Perfect crime.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As things progress I will keep you guys up to date. Going to call animal control again since its been a week and then call rent control and explain the noise/3 dogs in apt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Threaten her with the bat, kill her with the bat, leave her for the dogs to eat. Perfect crime.
    This is the correct answer.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm just curious how the dogs bark non stop until she notices the cops coming and they all get immediately quiet.

Would it be possible to ask the dispatcher to send an unmarked vehicle, and explain the situation for why?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'm just curious how the dogs bark non stop until she notices the cops coming and they all get immediately quiet.

Would it be possible to ask the dispatcher to send an unmarked vehicle, and explain the situation for why?
    The cops usually take an hour or so to arrive, i got lucky last night when they arrive a half hour. Also her apt faces out towards the entrance to the apartments so she can see who comes and goes, i'm guessing she takes the dogs and goes out the back as it is dead quite for a little while when the cops are here. As for the unmarked car request, i will definitely ask that the next time i call and hopefully they will have one available.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    The cops usually take an hour or so to arrive, i got lucky last night when they arrive a half hour. Also her apt faces out towards the entrance to the apartments so she can see who comes and goes, i'm guessing she takes the dogs and goes out the back as it is dead quite for a little while when the cops are here. As for the unmarked car request, i will definitely ask that the next time i call and hopefully they will have one available.
    To check that, I suggest having the cops come and you go stand at the back entrance waiting to confront her there. If the dogs look abused or even seem scared of her, that's a red flag.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Have you tried hitting them with a water bottle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    To check that, I suggest having the cops come and you go stand at the back entrance waiting to confront her there. If the dogs look abused or even seem scared of her, that's a red flag.
    Yea, will definitely give this a go the next time around. I will most likely try and take the dogs from her and drive them to a shelter.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've had shitty neighbors like this. When Uniforms did nothing, I went in-person and got a detective. The woman was arrested the next afternoon. Get the people together also and have management on the case ASAP. You can plausibly deny 1 person but not a large group.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yea, will definitely give this a go the next time around. I will most likely try and take the dogs from her and drive them to a shelter.
    You'll look like the bad guy. I second the getting a detective suggestion. We had to call non-emergency all the time because the meth-chop-shop-no-parents house always had kids yelling at night and such. Cops were always there but nothing every changed so I asked dispatch what my next step was (since this clearly wasn't working) and she suggested a detective and gave me a direct number to one. The next week or so, the bank actually kicked them out (the dad skipped town a few months back and never paid).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Update:

Finally got animal control to head over. They haven't arrived yet but they were able to hear the dogs yelping over the phone. Only shitty thing is that i'm sure the neighbor heard me talking and left, I heard a door slam and now there is silence.
    Learned that two more tickets were filed in the past 2 weeks so they are starting to take this a little more seriously.

Good to hear, keep us updated!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Update:

Finally got animal control to head over. They haven't arrived yet but they were able to hear the dogs yelping over the phone. Only shitty thing is that i'm sure the neighbor heard me talking and left, I heard a door slam and now there is silence.
    Learned that two more tickets were filed in the past 2 weeks so they are starting to take this a little more seriously.
    If that's the case then she's being a creeper and listening to you all the time (or you just talk really loud on the phone). Next time, try stepping into your car or something to make the phone call, maybe you can catch her in the act.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    If that's the case then she's being a creeper and listening to you all the time (or you just talk really loud on the phone). Next time, try stepping into your car or something to make the phone call, maybe you can catch her in the act.
    Yea I stay near the window so the dispatcher can hear what i hear and puts the situation in a more dire light then another noise complaint. At the same time the women upstairs, will be able to hear my conversation. I stopped calling the police and now am working with animal control. Once the time frame of the second step is passed then they can start taking more sever measures. It will take a few more weeks but i will keep posting as things move along.

I have sent all the audio recordings to the email at management housing for a record of the complaint that they cant ignore. More and more people are losing to much sleep. Things are progressing, i was told that management also sent a letter about it but they have a longer process before they can start legal proceedings to get her out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Update: THESE ASSHOLES ARE TEACHING THEIR DOGS TO POOP OUT ON THE DECK ABOVE ME!

Picture of my deck (same as theirs), angry bird for scale.
    Spoiler: show

So Wednesday (14th) of last week i heard the women upstairs commanding her dogs to use the bathroom out on the deck, i was stunned and had a thought that this must be a direct breach of the apt contract covering the pets (was right). A minute later she somehow (assuming it was on purpose) dropped a bag of poop on my deck. I was dumbstruck, took me a second to realize what i was looking at was actually a bog of dog shit on my deck.....on the 4th floor...... The women upstairs started apologizing and asked to come get it, and here i'm thinking that she was trying see who was filing the complaints against her. She comes down and sizes me up while grabbing the bag and then walks away not saying anything as i was angrily yelling her that this was absolutely not allowed and to stop this shit immediately. Now i say this because it would take effort to drop it from her deck to mine, its directly above me and she would have lean over and toss it. So i inform the apt manager who was there that day and explained my new concerns about having a veritable sewer forming above me especially when it starts raining. The manager didn't seem to doubt me at all and informs her staff to call the tenant immediately and tells me that they will start on the next step in the complaint process.

Fast forward to this week:

Found out that management started the legal process on the tenant upstairs. It came pretty quickly after a large group of people flooded the managers office with their frustrations, this was due to another tenant finally snapping at around 3 am Tuesday morning and screaming at the people through the door. She was going apeshit banging on the door and cursing to the tenants inside about abusing those dogs and such that the entire apartment complex could hear it. At one point it sounded like she was trying to break in to grab the dogs. Tenants were home but refused to answer the door, i could here her taking the dogs out of the cages to quiet them down. Cops were called and of course dogs were as quiet as a mouse. That was temporary, the very next evening the dogs are barking like mad and now i'm assuming its on purpose. Management has already done the warning letters and are now able to start legal proceedings for the eviction if she does not immediately remove the dogs from the apt. People are not sleeping at least not well due to them barking day and night for hours at a time poor things voices go hoarse, its heart wrenching hearing them bark after that. I pretty much cracked last night started banging on their door demanding to talk(yell) at them but no one answered.

Called Animal Control again to see if they can do another verbal warning and hopefully see something that lets them take the dogs. Was told they literally can't take the dogs away on voice complaints as they can only be fined or something, the only other way is to see the dogs in a damaged state while giving the warning. Other then that they may be evicted sometime before Halloween. Everyone has had it and the tenant upstairs has ignored all the warnings and it cannot come soon enough.

{Refresh} {Cat}
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Emirii Mei
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

All that really sucks, but glad things are being done about it. The sad part is she will most likely keep her dogs and move into another complex. The cycle will begin anew.

I had a similar story when I lived alone in an apartment briefly. The neighbor above me was a single male that had woman visitors he would frequently beat. Being a woman myself living alone, that was pretty terrifying. I don't know whether those women were there on good will or not. After confirmation that it was abuse and just not really, really kinky sex, I called police. 2, 3, 5 times. Went to management multiple times. Nothing could be done because he'd shut them up when the police came knocking at the door. He knew It was me that called, one time on the way from work he was waiting outside his apartment. I just went to the office and requested a unit change since nothing was being done about it at all. Luckily the complex gave me an apartment change for free, but I had to move all my crap and it was awful. I hope the scum dies in fire, or something.

It's very unbelievable that police cannot do ANYTHING in these situations. What if it was a baby? A child? Do they have to die before anything happens, like, really?

So glad I am not in an apartment anymore. Good luck on your ventures.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

God damn Emirii, I cannot imagine the frustration you had to go through in that situation. Not sure i could've handled that, any word if the jackass finally got caught or anything?