BG Level

Obligatory

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

https://www.combatgent.com/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

And this just got posted, maybe it is helpful?

http://imgur.com/gallery/kg1Cb

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

reminds me, I need to buy some slacks. new job is "business casual" which seems to just mean not-jeans and not-tie. alas, aside from my suit pants, I have only 2 pairs of khakis. everything else is jeans.

on the bright side, I have PLENTY of nice shirts in a variety of colors.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    And this just got posted, maybe it is helpful?

http://imgur.com/gallery/kg1Cb
    The tie thing is something I end up pointing out to a lot of friends at dress-y occasions. Make sure it's touching your belt buckle. If it's too long you'll look like your clothes don't fit and if it's too short you'll look like a dork.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Semi-related, has anyone purchased American Giant clothes? The hoodie has been making its rounds on social media for a while now, but I just put down for one of their work shirts. Is their quality as good as advertised, or did I just pay an extra $50 for feel-good-made-in-Americanness?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    reminds me, I need to buy some slacks. new job is "business casual" which seems to just mean not-jeans and not-tie. alas, aside from my suit pants, I have only 2 pairs of khakis. everything else is jeans.

on the bright side, I have PLENTY of nice shirts in a variety of colors.
    Docker D2 and D3's brah. Erry color, erry day. They are terrific and affordable.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

hmm. google says they're not too outrageously priced. I aint about that $50 pair of pants life, but theres some more reasonable ones. goin shoppin later today with my GF, will see what I can rustle up.

thanks broham

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prim View Post
    Semi-related, has anyone purchased American Giant clothes? The hoodie has been making its rounds on social media for a while now, but I just put down for one of their work shirts. Is their quality as good as advertised, or did I just pay an extra $50 for feel-good-made-in-Americanness?
    for years i've seen these called the best hoodie in the world but i've never pulled the trigger nor know anyone who has. Its my understanding that they are quite heavy. Be sure to post what you think when it arrives.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    for years i've seen these called the best hoodie in the world but i've never pulled the trigger nor know anyone who has. Its my understanding that they are quite heavy. Be sure to post what you think when it arrives.
    These things are real deal. Comfy as fuck, heavy, durable and look great. Well worth the money imo.

I've never bought one, so I can't vouch for the quality, but I've heard very good things about Indochino.com. Plus, all of their suits are $400 or below in December.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My AG shirt arrived today. Not what I expected, but still very nice. I ordered one of their "Work Shirts", thinking it would be like a Dickies shirt. I needed something I could wear while doing work in an engine room, and also look appropriate if I had to stop in the office. It looks perfect, but it is heavy. It's not your typical lightweight cotton/poly shirt. It's a serious heavyweight fleece cut into a button-up w/ pockets. It might even be the same material they make their hoodies out of.

Once it gets into the warmer months this'll be way too warm for casual wear, but until then I'm gonna wear the fuck out of it. Maybe grab another color too, or one of their Polos which seem a bit thinner.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Jacket/Pants: Dark blue or Navy.
    Shirt: Light blue.
    Tie: Red. (Patterns on flat shirts, flat tie on pattern shirts is the old school way. Fuck that nowadays)
    Belt: Brown. Lighter in color.
    Shoes: Brown. Lighter in color.
    Socks: fuck socks. But if you have to match the suit with a blue. Or be badass and match a pattern to a pocket square or tie even.
    Metals: gold or silver. Not both. Match the metal on the belt buckle. Watches. Bracelets. Tie clip should all match.
    Sunglasses: brown turtle shell.

And for the love of fucking god. Get it tailored. If you don't understand modern fits your suit won't look how you want it to. Search for a good alterations shop around you. Silhouette is important.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Jacket/Pants: Dark blue or Navy.
    Shirt: Light blue.
    Tie: Red. (Patterns on flat shirts, flat tie on pattern shirts is the old school way. Fuck that nowadays)
    Belt: Brown. Lighter in color.
    Shoes: Brown. Lighter in color.
    Socks: fuck socks. But if you have to match the suit with a blue. Or be badass and match a pattern to a pocket square or tie even.
    Metals: gold or silver. Not both. Match the metal on the belt buckle. Watches. Bracelets. Tie clip should all match.
    Sunglasses: brown turtle shell.

And for the love of fucking god. Get it tailored. If you don't understand modern fits your suit won't look how you want it to. Search for a good alterations shop around you. Silhouette is important.
    Charcoal is also acceptable.