1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anotha one slept earlier in anticipation of the maintenance. I think VS did the same, but only because of technical difficulties.

New Merits
    BG Level

Feels good to be done with this tier already, really loved how the mechanics played out in a12, final phase is such nightmare to do with all the holy bleed and mega holy damage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Feels good to be done with this tier already, really loved how the mechanics played out in a12, final phase is such nightmare to do with all the holy bleed and mega holy damage.

I've really enjoyed it. With no guides (we have watched your videos) we have 5:30 total raid time and we are close to an A10S clear. Our goal is A10 this week, A11 next and A12 within a month. All seem doable even for a MC team.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A11S question.

Can someone explain Optical sight?

Horizontal animation: Do we need to stack mid? I know the mechanic is to dodge to the wall, but it seems like sometimes the explosion isn't in the middle. Does it target people at the finish of the cast? So stack mid, then spread?

Edit: Def seems to target people, but never the MT, sound right?

Vertical animation: Stack mid, then what is your strat for the yellow orbs?

We only have ~30min in there and we are getting to the 1-8 mechanic, I just want to clean it up.

Thanks!

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    A11S question.

Horizontal animation: Do we need to stack mid? I know the mechanic is to dodge to the wall, but it seems like sometimes the explosion isn't in the middle. Does it target people at the finish of the cast? So stack mid, then spread?

We only have ~30min in there and we are getting to the 1-8 mechanic, I just want to clean it up.

Thanks!
    Haven't done savage yet so just asking.. How many people get marked for the orb AOEs in savage? And for the shiva ring pattern is it still 2 sets of four around the outside then one in the middle?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Haven't done savage yet so just asking.. How many people get marked for the orb AOEs in savage? And for the shiva ring pattern is it still 2 sets of four around the outside then one in the middle?

I'm still new to the fight but looks like 4 for Yellow circles and yes still just 2 Shiva circles going clockwise.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does the A10S boss tether to the nearest target for his spinny shit? Haven't seen a guide yet for it, so mostly just referencing video material. Somewhat fun working out the patterns/rotations for ourselves, but accidental button presses can get annoying when the boss/add accidentally runs over it, or a player does when dodging shit.

Fight seems ass for BLM though, so much movement and they can't exactly skimp on mechanics like they can in other fights.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I don't know who gets the first tether, but you can intercept/pass it. Just have a tank grab it, move it to either side of the arena, and have them eat the ice gun

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Haven't cleared yet but I have seen 3 patterns:
    1-Animation: two big orbs. Causes one huge explosion in the center of the arena. Once the boss goes below 86% you also get 8 yellow AOE markers. Move to the edge/predetermined clock spots.
    2-Animation: many small orbs. Causes two explosions in the outer circle of the arena followed by more explosions going clockwise, followed by an explosion in the center. Once the boss goes below 86% you also get 2 yellow AOE markers. Wait in the center then move out towards the first explosions.
    3-Animation: many small orbs. Snapshots explosions on random players (except the MT). You also get yellow AOE markers later in the fight. Bait the explosions together somewhere then move everyone out.

#3 is only used at specific points of the fight (first Sight after the boss hits 86%, first Sight after Eternal Darkness, third Sight after the second Active Time Maneuver), otherwise he alternates between #1 and #2

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Does the A10S boss tether to the nearest target for his spinny shit? Haven't seen a guide yet for it, so mostly just referencing video material. Somewhat fun working out the patterns/rotations for ourselves, but accidental button presses can get annoying when the boss/add accidentally runs over it, or a player does when dodging shit.

Fight seems ass for BLM though, so much movement and they can't exactly skimp on mechanics like they can in other fights.

Its random, it seems to love our MCH, I just grab it as the MT. You don't need to eat the ice at all, but its easier during progression. The ice takes forever to actually come out but the bosses hit box is huge, I've never seen it miss.

The other thing is once you learn the patterns are fixed (but alternate) the movements are very predictable. (big deal for casters) In > Out > Stack. Out > Spread > In.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Haven't cleared yet but I have seen 3 patterns:
    1-Animation: two big orbs. Causes one huge explosion in the center of the arena. Once the boss goes below 86% you also get 8 yellow AOE markers. Move to the edge/predetermined clock spots.
    2-Animation: many small orbs. Causes two explosions in the outer circle of the arena followed by more explosions going clockwise, followed by an explosion in the center. Once the boss goes below 86% you also get 2 yellow AOE markers. Wait in the center then move out towards the first explosions.
    3-Animation: many small orbs. Snapshots explosions on random players (except the MT). You also get yellow AOE markers later in the fight. Bait the explosions together somewhere then move everyone out.

#3 is only used at specific points of the fight (first Sight after the boss hits 86%, first Sight after Eternal Darkness, third Sight after the second Active Time Maneuver), otherwise he alternates between #1 and #2

I was pointed to this guide on reddit. Really cleared up a few things.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...K2kIIwz7I/edit

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post

Welcome to BLM in 3.x

Just go SMN if you can.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alexander Creator (Savage): Is that boss a plane??

A11S question.

Edit: Def seems to target people, but never the MT, sound right?

Thanks!
    You got it right. Have everyone stack in the middle except MT and wait for the cast to finish before you move. Its exactly like the mechanic in Sephi EX.

For the "wall" just designate everyone a spot in the edge. Theres alot of room to spread around with the AoEs until last phase.

Also for the shiva explosions that start at the edge, you should always run towards the second explosion.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Boss K View Post

Also for the shiva explosions that start at the edge, you should always run towards the second explosion.

^ This really made progression easier. Our SCH noticed the same thing, stay mid until the second explosion.

In A10S do the cannon beams during roller phase always target healers? Sure seemed that way to me but wanted to confirm.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The orange AOE line (Illuminati Hand Cannon) should be able to target anyone in the PT. The Prey markers (Brighteyes) are always initially cast on both healers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just started prog on A11S today. As a tip for Optical Sight: All three of the attack patterns have different animations for the robot itself. While the balls can be kinda rough to tell Shivas or targeted for (though I'm pretty sure the latter is scripted), the boss will rise straight up when firing for the center blast, he'll do a stationary twirl for Shiva pattern, and he'll move out and twirl as if touching each orb for the player-targeted blast.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Ismenian View Post
    though I'm pretty sure the latter is scripted
    It is. You can just memorize when the snapshot / player targetted Optical Sight happens and otherwise call Shiva or center based on the orbs. The snapshot Optical Sights are:

-First Optical Sight after the boss hits 86% or after the GA-100 if you're too slow to push
    -First (and only) Optical Sight in the Pyretic phase (after Eternal Darkness)
    -Third Optical Sight in the final phase with the three multifields (after the second Active Time Maneuver)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    In A10S do the cannon beams during roller phase always target healers? Sure seemed that way to me but wanted to confirm.
    Yup they always target the 2 healers first.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Here's optical sight ACT triggers if you have trouble with distinguishing which is which.

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6C:" SD="Titan bombs" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6D:" SD="Wall is safe" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6E:" SD="Bait" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast