1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by talkingdog View Post
    Here's optical sight ACT triggers if you have trouble with distinguishing which is which.

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6C:" SD="Titan bombs" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6D:" SD="Wall is safe" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6E:" SD="Bait" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

Thanks, definitely passing this on to a couple of my raidmates......

We are stuck hard on last phase A11s. People keep blowing up the pillars.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

What we did (and I think is easier) is just commit to saving one and only one pillar. We save the south one and it makes the rest of the mechanics in the phase easy to deal with without worrying about it. Boss is always pulled directly north and we spread around that half of the room for things like the targeted AoEs. Shouldn't ever need to worry about the pillar being destroyed until the second GA100 and it should be dead by then anyway. Only things you might have to change up for final phase is making sure your teleport/dash strat doesn't hit the south pillar (and none of the commonly used strats I've seen do) and to do the baited optical sight at the edge of the room rather than baiting it in the middle behind the boss (basically just stack on the MT after the first Laser X Sword in that phase, because baited optical is immediately after).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What we did (and I think is easier) is just commit to saving one and only one pillar. We save the south one and it makes the rest of the mechanics in the phase easy to deal with without worrying about it. Boss is always pulled directly north and we spread around that half of the room for things like the targeted AoEs. Shouldn't ever need to worry about the pillar being destroyed until the second GA100 and it should be dead by then anyway. Only things you might have to change up for final phase is making sure your teleport/dash strat doesn't hit the south pillar (and none of the commonly used strats I've seen do) and to do the baited optical sight at the edge of the room rather than baiting it in the middle behind the boss (basically just stack on the MT after the first Laser X Sword in that phase, because baited optical is immediately after).

Awesome thanks!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

After having finally beat A12S with our casual schedule and someone going out of town for 6 days, I feel like I can confidently say I am discontent with this tier. We spent around 22 hours in total progressing on the entire tier, which was less time than we spent on Brute Justice alone.

I really hope he adds another difficulty in 3.5 similar to SCOB Savage because otherwise raiding in this game is headed for a pretty pathetic future assuming a third difficulty/more bosses per tier are never added.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

3.5 I believe is supposed to be the final void ark (if there is), which will be the "catch up" patch and roll us into the expansion 7 months or so from there. From the sounds of yoshida saying he wants to stick to the 2.x/3.x formula for even the next expansion, probably won't be any additional tiers since Creator is indeed far more accessible. Guess it really depends on what additional content if any they have planned for the expansion.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The hope is alive due to gear not being dyeable

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The no dye thing just reminds me of final coil not having it's crafting pieces for a while to dye

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    After having finally beat A12S with our casual schedule and someone going out of town for 6 days, I feel like I can confidently say I am discontent with this tier. We spent around 22 hours in total progressing on the entire tier, which was less time than we spent on Brute Justice alone.

I really hope he adds another difficulty in 3.5 similar to SCOB Savage because otherwise raiding in this game is headed for a pretty pathetic future assuming a third difficulty/more bosses per tier are never added.
    Especially given the big content drought we'll have between now and 4.0. Its not that I don't want to play FFXIV, I've enjoyed the tier on a Fundamental level, but would like to actually see a Savage version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingdog View Post
    Here's optical sight ACT triggers if you have trouble with distinguishing which is which.

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6C:" SD="Titan bombs" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6D:" SD="Wall is safe" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />

<Trigger R="Cruise Chaser:1A6E:" SD="Bait" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Ignore this, I found the method already.

I feel retarded but am I fundamentally misunderstanding Optical Sight? I get that there's 3 types, and that the orb formation shows you what one is being done, I still don't get how people see the formation in time to do that formation's particular mechanic, if it's partly random I'm guessing you always stack in case it's a bait formation, if not and it's the other two being stacked isn't that bad?

Ergh.

Depending the phase there are only 2 choices at most.

Yeah, I was just told, the second is always stack, I felt like an idiot because I thought people were stacking on reaction.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah if you push the phase after the first optical it's always random > bait > 2 random in first phase. Last phase there's 2 random > tank buster > stack on MT 'cause next is always bait. There's one in the fire phase that's always bait iirc but you ideally skip that too.

Edit: And those "randoms" are always either spreading around the outside or the Shiva-like aoes. Bait isn't ever going to happen on the random ones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aiming to clear a11s tonight, just out of curiosity what % to skip the shield during Pyretic phase, LB before it happens at which point? Also roughly % of boss when propeller wind goes off after the double whirlwinds.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

54% is the push in Pyretic phase. If your group DPS isn't high enough that you're not skipping consistently I'd suggest holding big DPS cooldowns during the Lapis phase (hold anything over 60 seconds basically), that way you can blow everything when Eternal Darkness goes off and you should easily skip. You don't need to LB at all prior to that, you can either melee LB3 the boss just after the add in Pyretic phase (latest you can do it is the healer photon, if you wait any longer than that it'll transition and you'll miss it) or just hold it and LB3 when final phase starts. You want the boss to be at least 20%ish by Propellerwind/Limit Cut in final phase if you're aiming to kill it before the second GA100 goes off. That's what ours was at on our first clear with a couple of deaths and he died right at the start of the GA100 cast.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We were able to skip the shield quite a handful of times last night, ended with a 3% wipe to the G100, so damn close. We will clear it before reset and bask in the glory of drops. Please no more healer loot

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hold LB until the start of the pillars phase. DPS doesn't really matter until after the 2nd transition. We went from dealing with enrage (2nd GA100) to easily clearing after we started LB3ing as soon as the 3rd phase started.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Hold LB until the start of the pillars phase. DPS doesn't really matter until after the 2nd transition. We went from dealing with enrage (2nd GA100) to easily clearing after we started LB3ing as soon as the 3rd phase started.

This doesn't seem quite right. If you LB3 as soon as you have it (and it's safe), you should have a second LB3 long before the second GA-100. Using it early means you'll enter the pillars phase with him at a lower HP total, and you'll be able to LB3 him during that phase, lowering it even more. The only way this would backfire is if LB3ing early somehow caused him to push into the pillar phase with a higher HP % than usual, which is not the case.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    This doesn't seem quite right. If you LB3 as soon as you have it (and it's safe), you should have a second LB3 long before the second GA-100. Using it early means you'll enter the pillars phase with him at a lower HP total, and you'll be able to LB3 him during that phase, lowering it even more. The only way this would backfire is if LB3ing early somehow caused him to push into the pillar phase with a higher HP % than usual, which is not the case.

He always seems to push at 54% for us. We get LB3 in the beginning of phase3 and LB2 at the end.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    He always seems to push at 54% for us. We get LB3 in the beginning of phase3 and LB2 at the end.
    Unless there's something weird going on with timings when you get a shield skip, this shouldn't be the push timing into the pillars phase.

Here's ours, he pushes waay under 54%: https://www.twitch.tv/drwilysc2/v/95553022. This gives you a lot more leniency in the pillars phase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast