1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    The figure I saw was closer to triple. 35mil. HW was 12.6. Still just a figure brought up by SE at fanfest and not from any official financial sources.
    It's been confirmed that the budget has been nearly trippled for the expansion. But nearly all of that money is going to server upgrades so its not going to change any of the content, etc.. we see

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Confirmed where though

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Unsurprisingly, yes. It's also a fairly easy case to support.
    That's either anecdotal or hyperbole. I know plenty of people who took a break after growing frustrated and are still playing now. But that would be impossible according to you. At the end of the day, people unsub from the game due to lack of content. Be it lack of content overall, or lack of content at their level. People don't come back when they aren't confident that the dev's will provide them with enough content and/or they have found something else to do with their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Wildstar failed tremendously in it's raiding scene as there was a constant lack of progression and significant barriers of entry to even get into raiding. Customers just became frustrated and looked for something else that fit their needs/wants from a game. The customers only came back, if temporarily, when the game went f2p.

The only difference between Wildstar and FF14 is that FF14 has an IP connected to it. This may bring people back in general due to goodwill of the brand, but, those who have been completely jaded and salted by the experience will likely never pick up the game for the same scenario as Wildstar.
    While i've not played Wildstar, from what i've seen there are plenty of other factors as to why it failed such as the large amounts of bugs and server fuckups. But I just don't get why people assume it has to be one or the other. Why can't FFXIV have a raid scene that encompases the accessibility of Creator, and the challenge of Savage 2nd Coil/Gordias/Midas.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    It's been confirmed that the budget has been nearly trippled for the expansion. But nearly all of that money is going to server upgrades so its not going to change any of the content, etc.. we see
    Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Confirmed where though
    Yes exactly... confirmed where outside of "i heard from x"?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

All I remember is where I originally saw it it was from an official source, but I never thought it would come up as a poidh topic so I didn't bookmark it or anything. Been trying to retrace my steps as to where I would've seen it, will post if I find it.

A quick google search though brings up multiple sources of forums where people are talking about the numbers though, if that helps.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Looks like this rumor is stemming from this thread/post. I've gone through all of SE's financial reports for this year and have not seen any evidence or figures to support these claims. Sounds like someone glanced over something and assumed it was related to Stormblood and posted it out of excitement. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, I can say for sure I definitely didn't go to zam and see it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3891361 says it's "From Squares quarterly reports on the Japanese page for investors." thread goes on with no direct link given except one http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/ but I ran out fucks before finding anything relevant. Another thread also linked that SE site, maybe I just don't know enough about those kinds of documents to find a quote.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Well, I can say for sure I definitely didn't go to zam and see it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3891361 says it's "From Squares quarterly reports on the Japanese page for investors." thread goes on with no direct link given except one http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/ but I ran out fucks before finding anything relevant. Another thread also linked that SE site, maybe I just don't know enough about those kinds of documents to find a quote.
    I've been following the site for a couple of years, and I can tell you that they never publish this type of information (their budgets for particular games / projects). They publish only consolidated financial results and forecasts (net sales and operating income) for the following large business segments: Digital Entertainment (which includes all their games), Amusement, Publication and Merchandising. Sometimes they publish information about net sales in smaller segments, such as their MMOs. But they never go into details about numbers of sales, sums of investments and income from particular projects, so I believe that it's their policy not to reveal such information publicly.

The site doesn't have any news for investors since August 5, 2016, when their last quarterly report has been published. The site (Square Enix Holdings Co., LTD - Group corporate information and investor relations) always shows identical materials in both languages (English and Japanese).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Yeah I can't find it on the Japanese site either. I figured it was BS, but was hoping that someone could prove me wrong. Corporate financial statements are rarely ever specific about certain projects, like Hafa said, because it's just bad business. If you start posting things like subscriber counts or individual project budgets then investors have more ammo to trace exactly how things are declining rather than just using a general OI or cash flow statement.

RIP naive wishes the Internet made shit up again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Shocking news

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There's still the possibility it's true, I'd almost bet money on having seen it from something SE posted rather than a fan on a forum. But, even if it's true it's not a sure thing that it'll make a difference, or even the right kind of difference. 3x the success rate of promises fulfilled would still be pretty poor.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

There's still the possibility it's true, I'd almost bet money on having seen it from something SE posted rather than a fan on a forum.
    I would say that there is 0 such possibility, because SE posts about it can be nowhere found on the internet. An if it were a public announcement, the press would have spread it immediately, because it would be big news. The fact that there are no publications about it is the single best proof that such an announcement has never been made.

P.S. I mean, discussing this at this point has no more sense than discussing the possibility that SE has lowered its budget for Stormblood two times compared to Heavensward, and what content it would cut down in the first place.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This doesn't belong here but I didn't know where else to put it. I logged out in A12S last night, since my kid was crying. Did I fuck my group for the week since reset happened and I'm logged out in A12S?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    This doesn't belong here but I didn't know where else to put it. I logged out in A12S last night, since my kid was crying. Did I fuck my group for the week since reset happened and I'm logged out in A12S?
    No, you'll just get booted from the instance. If you are inside when the timer ticks, you just get booted to prevent you from fucking yourself.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Stuck at 5-6% on A12S. Puddles just rekt my group.

Easy hard fight is real.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Easy solution do more dps;p

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Just do what we did for our first clear and fuck everything up horribly and healer LB3 because fuck mechanics:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfeOoHjUzO4&t=734

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Easy solution so more dps;p

We are actually thinking the opposite lol. We are getting to 2nd puddles at around 9% but we keep making mistakes trying to DPS through them.

That video is epic Kiarax

Back to Optical Sight again, thought I was done with them but now I'm not sure.

Had no issues with Shiva orbs once it all clicked, but now, as MT, I'm pugging this and getting a lot of conflicting info being told what's 'best' in terms of positioning, I've been told that it's best to go to and fro from North as mechanics dictate, which I guess is simple enough but sometimes Shiva makes me go nowhere near there and I'm told this can screw up he later phases with the green aoes or something?

Basically I'm struggling with the mechanic now I'm not just doing the mechanic, but tring to account for positioning so everyone can hit max dps and not screw over positions for other mechanics or something.

Is it common/uncommon to just use positioing relative to the boss, with the boss acting as North?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Shiva only comes with 2 yellown orbs. As MT you want him as north as possible but in no way does it need to be perfect. Last phase the only thing that matters is not hitting the south pillar. (or the pillar your group determines to keep safe)