FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Pulls this week made ++ pretty easy. Aerith holy nuking with shared curaga, Yuffie nin magic, Vincent wit his ssb, red with his new buff both nuking, Cait Sith with moogle dance SB, multi break and curaja. RW was sheepsong. Clear tranquil and shared heal were enough to keep everyone up safely. Red's buff was nice as it helped mitigate physical damage and powered up Aerith's holy spells, Vincent's SSB filled in a small gap when sheepsong was down but I wanted to save second cast for final push. Mastered with 2 damage medals lost.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ult+: I took the A team and beat the dead dragons into the ground. Actually it was still a tad tricky even then with the 100% counter form. RW'd celes BSB and having recently pulled shout, just beat him into the ground.
    Ult++: Hoo boy. My VII synergy is seph's black materia katana and cid's hyperjump spear, and the usual 4 stars. After some experimentation with manaburns I decided I couldn't do it - only mage gear is candle rod. So that meant melees. After some more experimentation with shout, I was getting wrecked because I was tying my haste to my attack buff; I needed haste to get through the 8 attacks in time, but I was losing a ton of damage from the whiffs and that meant less shout time later. So that meant I had to out tank him...fortunately VII has two good white mages, and hyper jump is still ridiculously good considering it's a regular soul break, saving me a cast of haste and doing good damage on top of the buff. Ugly win but got the orbs; I have to do some research to figure out why my manaburn attempts were failing (not being able to give yuffie a mage thrower was a big problem).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fuck the Cid mission because I have horrible SB's for it, but beat it with my normal party 1/1. I have no Hope BSB's on my RW list (I updated for like 10 min trying to find one), so not going to bother to try the cid mission with my horrible FFVII SB's.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

There are a few sites with updating RW information. You can always look one up and send a request. I am on my phone right now or I would try but I am not good at making copy/paste links with this thing.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    Anyone got some strats for U :/?

FF7 crew is my first 5man to level 80, got some lousy synergy weapons and armor... killing myself with his Beta counter.

Zack, Cloud, Seph, Aerith, and Reno are lvl80, Cid hanging out at 74.
    You don't need ff7 for ultimate, if you have stronger SB outside the realm. It. It might be easier

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    Anyone got some strats for U :/?

FF7 crew is my first 5man to level 80, got some lousy synergy weapons and armor... killing myself with his Beta counter.

Zack, Cloud, Seph, Aerith, and Reno are lvl80, Cid hanging out at 74.
    Full Break, MBD, RW Finishing Touch.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Well... 3-shot him with the fullbreak and finishing touch... that was easy.

1st one hit him for 95,000 and the second for 84,001. Looked like he had 1 hp left so I just auto attached him to finish it off

BG Level

I also feel like the damage can get resisted, because unless it's based on the user's attack and not on the RW's attack, one time I used that and it hit for 93k the first time and only 35k the second time.

And the Zolom doesn't cast Protect on itself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It gets increased stats as its HP gets lower

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Debuffs you place the him. No. Think of it like 4 different enemies. Buffs you place on your party, yes. (Until they wear off normally.)
    thank you. that's what I figured. should be able to pull this off but not motivated to try at the moment. I have time, thankfully :3

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    thank you. that's what I figured. should be able to pull this off but not motivated to try at the moment. I have time, thankfully :3
    Even if it's only completion and not mastery I would try to push through it before it ends. Don't give up on a lode3.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

man I didn't have any issues with the zombie dragon D: stupid giant snake!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I had no issues with snake lol. magic breakdown + full breakdown + shellga -> wail on him until he's dead. I might have used wall too, not sure

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ultimate actually took me a few S/L's due to godawful luck on beta counters, once i managed to get it down to ~60-70% or so without eating back-to-back AoE's he died. climhazzard and big brawl were both clocking in around 8k/hit, lol.

after failing to do the CM on release night, i finally got around to doing U++ a-team style. ramza/rosa/faris/basch/auron, RW shout. basically slow rolled it into the first core closure, queued up apoc shield + shout refresh as it was about to open back up, and went nuts. lots of break stacking, and physical/magic blinks helped out in spots where mitigation was running out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I also feel like the damage can get resisted, because unless it's based on the user's attack and not on the RW's attack, one time I used that and it hit for 93k the first time and only 35k the second time.

And the Zolom doesn't cast Protect on itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It gets increased stats as its HP gets lower
    Was the 2nd cast done with a backrow user? The row of the person casting matters with non-ranged RWs, and weapon damage RMs on the caster also modify the damage. Stats increasing as it gets lower would contribute some too, but not enough to explain that large of a reduction.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thanks to whoever posted the Hope BSB Strat, made the fight easy once I finally stopped getting 'stepped' to death...

Got Cait Sith and Vincent to 79 in Sunday EXP, had both Caits Yellow Megaphone 7*, and Vincents SSB Cerberus Gun 7* as well as good enough accessory and armor synergy to take them both to 500 MAG, and equipped Cait with +20% holy damage RM. Vincent had Mog's Teachings since I wanted to open with Cerberus Shell to give everyone Magic Boost.

Cait opened with Divine Guardian (Hope RW) and was doing nice damage, about 4k per, the quad holy ability was hitting for about 7500 each though, which was really nice.

Used it on Vincent the next turn, and although he wasn't doing as much as Cait, it was still respectable.

Both Characters using the quad-holy attack made his HP drop quick.

in the end RedXIII, Aerith, and Cait sith died when the monster had an invisible sliver of HP left.

I lost 1 medal to Characters KO'd - which is the first time I've seen a Character KO medal lost WITHOUT a Damage taken medal lost - but CM win!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Was the 2nd cast done with a backrow user? The row of the person casting matters with non-ranged RWs, and weapon damage RMs on the caster also modify the damage. Stats increasing as it gets lower would contribute some too, but not enough to explain that large of a reduction.
    Ah, that must have been it. I totally forgot that back-row use of RWs factors into damage calcs.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

GOOD ENOUGH

fuck that battle so hard. you can keep your major orbs. NO THANKS

but hey, my first U+. moving on up in the world!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Congrats!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Managed to clear ult++ with full ff7 party with only tifa (bsb) and cait sith surviving, Tifa's bsb was MVP, was doing 12k per burst command and 45k with her burst with en-earth up. Not gonna try for mastery, upgrade mats are not worth it.