+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Okay.

How in the hell is Pulsar Wave still dealing ~4k damage through Moogle Dance (RW-Full Breakdown), Pyroclasm (Power BD), Cleansing Strike, Wall, and Protect?
    I had the same buffs/debuffs and never saw it go over 2.6k. Did you use def gear?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    There's no CM U++
    You missed the period in between.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

For back row + defend + pyroclasm -25% atk + full break it was still hurting bad. Only reason my front line lived was a pair of Gabranth armors that had moderate dark resist in realm

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    You missed the period in between.
    No u!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ult+: I dollar pulled basch ssb and was pretty disappointed it wasn't something sexier until I blinked the one maser eye he used. Used magic blink and went HAM and ignored all the clones.

ult++: sent A team of Ag, Celes, Tyro on whm, DD minwu and the za. Celes got stopped for what seemed like the entire last third of the battle until she and ramza died to AOE. Curada was excellent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    For back row + defend + pyroclasm -25% atk + full break it was still hurting bad. Only reason my front line lived was a pair of Gabranth armors that had moderate dark resist in realm
    I can drop Vaan for Balthier (in terms of ranged vs frontline), but then im giving up Pyroclasm for Strahl Strafe which hardly seems like a good tradeoff.

Right now:

Ramza: FB/Magic BD + Shout/Tailwind
    Agrias: SC/Lifesiphon + Cleansing Strike
    Yshtola: Pro/Curaja + SS2
    Vaan: TR/Lifesiphon/ArmorBD + Pyroclasm
    Beatrix: Shell/Banishing Strike + Knights Protector

RW: Full Breakdown/Mighty Guard VIII/Indonesian Blade/Paladin Force

I can drop Vaan for Celes and Indonesian Blade as well.

Maybe what I should do is either RW wall, or drop Vaan for Mehnelo and additional mitigation dances + healing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Also consider your gear. If you're taking shout you only need to hit 390ish atk to soft-cap. If you have synergy weapons you'll probably be close/over with just those. That way you can use armor for pure def/res (I'd recommend def), and dark resist accessories for darkra.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bring a Knight with Magic Lure and the Major Dark resist accessory, we don't have enough for a full party anyway. Everyone else could use MND stuff to help reduce Stop's duration a bit.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I put Ashelia up as my RW for anyone wanting to abuse her skills.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

These fights were actually really really annoying for me. Maser Eye was absolutely horseshit. Beat em though

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Man. The U+ and U++ were actually annoying/tough. The ++ was tough because i got unlucky as hell with the stop and he stopped 3 different chars. Thankfully Cecil avoided it and pushed forward. Killed it with two dead from aoe spam.. but man. Tough tough fight.

Maser Eye I avoided mass damage on because I had wall/full break/power breakdown/protect all up at the time and it did like..1300 or so, and I just focused the main one.

Ended up bringing Terra with Faith, faithing her before I used Hope's Alexander burst and the command 1 did about 6k+ per hit for 24k per use. Was really good.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

1/1 U++. The damage output on the 2nd half of the fight is ridiculous even with all breaks on. Full A team with Penelo running Multi Break + Diaga and her SSB. It's the only reason I won. No way with a Cura level medica would I have been able to survive the 2nd half of the fight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so what's the consensus on farming U for power crystals, is the drop rate high enough to warrant dumping some stamina? i can trash it pretty easy with an a-team, and definitely have a couple dailies i don't particularly need the orbs from in any urgent way. ditto greens as i'm still sitting at ~120 after buying out all the halloween stuff.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    so what's the consensus on farming U for power crystals, is the drop rate high enough to warrant dumping some stamina? i can trash it pretty easy with an a-team, and definitely have a couple dailies i don't particularly need the orbs from in any urgent way. ditto greens as i'm still sitting at ~120 after buying out all the halloween stuff.
    From the JP person who farmed enough crystals to get meltdown to rank 4, the drop rate is roughly 5%, or roughly 1200 stam per drop. Major orbs dropped ~10% and greater orbs the other ~85%, for 32.4 stam per greater orb equivalent vs ~13.5 stam on dailies, so you end up taking a massive hit in orb farming to get an extra crystal every ~2.5 days or every ~7 mythril if refreshing.

As for whether its worth it, I would say that depends on your situation, though this seems like something that you should either heavily invest in farming the crystal types you want to ensure you get a usable amount of crystals, or not at all since you'd likely end up taking a massive cut in orb drops for no real reason.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

CM U+ was ok. Thankful I upgraded my SC to r5 though. Took all 10 charges to kill it. U++ was a pain in the ass even with BSB Cheese though.

Went in blind to U++, had a few fights where I got it to a sliver, but most seemed to go to hell around half HP. Will try again one white/power day, I guess. 1/1'd U+, though. U was actually kinda ugly for me, but toughed it out with 2 people dead 80% of the fight.

Edit: Nevermind. For one reason or another, I didn't bring Tyro. Swapped him in for Fran and kicked Panelo for Garnet and her Guardian SB and went 1/1 even though I had my damage dealers stopped long enough for shout/burst effects to wear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally got through the U++ fight.

Same setup as posted before, but I kinda did hit+run to get Bea up for her BSB out of the gate which helped with getting mitigation set up properly.

Then with physical hits + darkra only going to Bea, I was able to safely reapply Shout and SS2 at ~60% and then at 40% for a final push with Cleansing Strike and Knight's Protector spam.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

1/1 on U and U+, U++ is pissing on me pretty hard, tried it 3x so far, everything keeps going to shit around 50%. I'll probably try again after work tonight. Daedalus is a cunt.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, @_@ not sure about other people, but I needed Wall and Medicas to survive.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Yeah, @_@ not sure about other people, but I needed Wall and Medicas to survive.
    Took me several attempts and my problem was the damage output being insane. Also despite using actions every turn I'd be lucky if Tyro and Ramza had their SB ready when it wore off. Never had that issue before. I usually load them up with breakdowns and it works out.

U++ was insane. I liked the challenge, but damn.