Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin is Russia     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's fine. Ain't no one gonna risk taking proxy wars to open wars. A silly Syrian fighter pilot was killed, Russia nor the US are gonna go toe to toe over it.

Don't worry, both sides will just up their support as the help does all the fighting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

"It was not immediately clear how close the recon plane was flying near Russia"

You know, I'm not a fan of war or proxy wars, but we don't own the Baltic Sea last time I checked and there's nothing wrong with a sovereign nation protecting its airspace.

Flying "within five feet"? Yea, that's stupid and is asking for problems. When you're flying against a nation who could end you in moments tension is bound to cause carelessness.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    "It was not immediately clear how close the recon plane was flying near Russia"

You know, I'm not a fan of war or proxy wars, but we don't own the Baltic Sea last time I checked and there's nothing wrong with a sovereign nation protecting its airspace.
    we were not in Russian airspace and the Baltic Sea 'belongs' to our NATO allies with whom we regularly conduct military exercises in the region primarily because they are bordered by an expansionary power governed by a cold war sociopath who has publicly admitted to designs on their sovereignty.

BG Level

Fair point.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Russian defense minister's plane buzzed by NATO jet over Baltic

A NATO F-16 fighter jet buzzed a plane carrying Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu as it flew over the Baltic Sea, but was seen off by a Russian Sukhoi-27 military jet, Russia said on Wednesday, an account partly disputed by NATO.

The Baltic Sea has become an area of rising tensions between Moscow and the Western military alliance. Earlier this month, Russia scrambled a fighter jet to intercept a nuclear-capable U.S. B-52 strategic bomber it said was flying over the Baltic, in an incident that had echoes of the Cold War.

A video of Wednesday's incident broadcast on a TV channel run by the Russian Ministry of Defense showed an F-16 flying parallel with the minister's plane at a short distance. It was not clear which air force the F-16 belonged to.

A Russian Sukhoi-27 fighter jet was then seen inserting itself between the F-16 and the minister's plane before tilting its wings from side to side to show the missiles it is carrying. The F-16 was then seen leaving the area.
    CNN has at least part of the video in this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/cnni/status/877569331261042688

BG Level

Yea, this is just going to end well.

Maybe they'll shoot down another Boeing, because they're overly-fucking eager to throw their dicks around.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Russia on Friday seized two American diplomatic properties and ordered the United States Embassy in Moscow to reduce its staff by September, the government’s first retaliatory steps against new American sanctions.

The move, which Russia had been threatening for weeks, came a day after the United States Senate approved a law expanding economic sanctions against Russia, as well as Iran and North Korea. The law, mirroring one passed by the House of Representatives on Tuesday, now goes to President Trump for his signature.

The statement from the Russian Foreign Ministry said the United States Embassy was asked to reduce its diplomatic and technical staff throughout Russia to 455 by Sept. 1, matching the number of Russian diplomats in the United States.

In addition to the main Embassy in Moscow, the United States maintains consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok.
    From NYT

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Not surprised. I imagine there will be even more pushback if Trump vetoes the sanctions after this.

This is more or less a delayed reaction to what Obama did since Putin expected Trump would give everything back to him right away.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Cant wait till Trump doesnt sign it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Russia kicking out over 700 people from U.S. diplomatic compounds in response to sanctions bill.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

This is the worst collusion in the history of collusion, possibly ever.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm honestly not even sure how you're trying to troll right now

BG Level

i think the idea is the present state of US-Russian relations stemming from the sanctions Congress passed (sanctions the White House did not want) is conclusive evidence that Russia and Trump could not have colluded during the election to defeat Hillary

2/5 not his best work

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    This is the worst collusion in the history of collusion, possibly ever.
    LOL safeface

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

If anyone is interested in a deep dive into the Magninsky Act (aka "the Russian adoption thing" of the Trump Jr. meeting) and where it came from, listen to the most recent Pod Save the World.

It gives you a good idea of how corrupt and cruel Putin really is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Planet Money's July 24th episode was similar.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...ues-1509355801

Russians funded and set-up protests for both sides of issues via Facebook. Shootings in Dallas & Minneapolis were some of the majors.

Workers behind Russian-linked Facebook Inc. accounts helped organize or finance real-life events before and after the 2016 election, often working directly with U.S. activists and playing both sides of the same hot-button issue — even on the same day. In July 2016, as outrage swelled over fatal shootings in Dallas and Minneapolis, alleged social-media agitators tied to Russia worked quickly to capitalize on the emotionally charged atmosphere. Workers linked to a Russia-based firm organized two gatherings, both for July 10: In Dallas, a ‘Blue Lives Matter’ rally honored the five police officers slain there on July 7; and near Minneapolis, nearly 300 people rallied in support of Philando Castile, a man fatally shot by a police officer during a traffic stop.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast