I am finally going to actually do something with my money ($100k<X<$1,000k.) For historical reasons, it's currently spread across 4 mutual funds (All Class A Large Growth), one shitty money market account, and one savings account. Some of those accounts are attached to a financial adviser.

After doing some research, I've come to several realizations:

1) I currently do not care to invest in single stocks myself and I'm not ready to buy a house or make some large material investment.

2) I'm interested in long term returns with some degree of accessibility/liquidity because I don't know when I'll need the money to, for instance, buy a house. I basically just want it to be a savings account that pays a reasonable interest rate.

3) Apart from financial managers, everyone seems to agree that professionally managed funds do not outperform the market in the long term.

4) Because of #3 and their lack of "Loads" (% you pay putting money into or taking it out of the fund) and low expense ratios, Index funds seem to be the way to go.

Time for questions:

* Is this logic sound?

* Should I be investing in something else entirely?

* Which index fund should I pick?

* Given that they typically lack loads, what are the limits on liquidity imposed upon index funds?