1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Moved from California to Europe, having lagging issues on PS4

Hey so I moved from CA to Europe, and even though I'm on a very good connection (100mb/s, getting around 70mb/s connected via ethernet to the PS4) I'm having severe hiccups in XIV on my PS4.

I'm not lagging out, per se, and the game won't kick me, but it will periodically drop down to 0 sending every 10-15 seconds or so. Running simple things such as expert roulette is excruciating because half the time it does not even register my attacks.

Anything that can be done? Is it simply the distance from the servers (on Midgardsormr)? Anything I can alter on the PS4 end or ingame that may help this? I'm not having any other issue with any other online game but this.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would start with attempting to set up port forwarding if you haven't already. Also see if you find any issues with the ISP and FFXIV? Best place to start seeing if the general google population has had similar issues and how they've gone about it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If google and other avenues don't help, you could possibly try wtfast or some other vpn-type service to see if that gets around it in some way.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does wtfast work for PS4? If yes, then try that for sure

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your bandwidth means nothing. I don't get why people always post things like "I have 50mb up/down and yet this game lags!". If you have 1mb up/down you can have max speed in pretty much any modern game.

What matters is your route to the server. You're making a ton of hops through a series of routers, and if any of these hops are having issues, you may drop packets or see increased ping times. Run traceroute or winMTR to see where the issues are. If there's a hop that's killing you, try using a VPN service to get around it.

You can use VPNs as a PS4 user, but you'll have to configure them on the router usually.