Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fenix - Beta Relaunch starting now!

Fenix Guildwork
    Facebook
    Wiki

Thanks for checking out our post! We're a 75 server with lots of bells, whistles, and sprinkles on top. Our staff consists of private and retail server veterans, whose goal is to provide a server where the population is happy and treated fairly. We strive to be the best private server we can be, and we'd love for you to stop by!

We've been around for a while now, but we've recently changed hosts and upgraded our physical server. We're examining everything from the ground up to be sure it's in tip-top shape. As a result, we're rolling out in a beta-esque style, relaunching with new goals and new equipment that's ready to make Fenix a great place to play!

Fenix NOW
    We're undertaking a huge "housekeeping" project to shine up the original FFXI content - our goal is to be free of bugs, missing content, and glitches that may still be present on other private servers. We have a powerhouse of coders working behind the scenes to make Fenix the best private server out there, and we've already made some huge headway!

After that, we're putting our noses to the grindstones working on battlefields inside Abyssea that will unlock a multitude of new content and equipment for you to pursue! This will include a brand new storyline, monsters strong enough to exp on, upgraded relic weapons, augmented gear, original 75+ gear, points, and more! We're very excited to bring this to the server, and hope you are too!

If you log in and don't see much action going on, we implore you: Bring your friends, your forum members, your Discord chat-mates, your Facebook feed-readers, your complete strangers, your neighbor, your pets, everyone and anyone to Fenix. The best way to know we're having a quality relaunch is with your feedback and your presence! We've always valued the player's feelings over all else, and we will continue to do so. But to do that, we need you online and ready to fight!

Please view The Fenix Wiki if interested, the front page has everything you need to know, including our How to Join guide. See below for the highlights.

What Makes Us Unique
    - We support Character Data Transfers from other servers! You can even bring relics. Click here for more info.
    - Fenix sports a unique Points & Rewards System for coveted drops. Rewards are granted in the form of points for completing major story events and defeating top-tier monsters & bosses from each FFXI expansion present on Fenix. The points can then be used to obtain the gear dropped from some of the toughest foes in Vanadiel! NEW: Drops have been added back into their respective pools and custom drops have been added as well!
    - We're on Discord. If you haven't tried it, you'll love it! Hop on and chat with us! (Mic not necessary)

Server Information
    - Connect to us in Windower with the following address: login.fenix-xi.com
    - Level cap is 75.
    - Chains of Promathia content is NOT level-capped.
    - Outposts unlocked upon character creation.
    - Explorer Moogle teleports are always on.
    - Experience point gain is increased by 2x.
    - Experience point loss upon death is normal.
    - Crafting skill-up rate is increased by 4x.
    - Fame gain rate is increased by 5x.
    - Increased movement speed (about 2x, but feels like more).
    - FoV/GoV/Level Sync = on and ready for action!
    - Custom player commands for teleporting, open-anywhere shops, and more.
    - Stocked AH @ 2gil, but with enough open spots to encourage crafting.
    - Custom crafting center (just type @fenix to instantly teleport!) with loaded NPCs, who pass out GP and synthesis support when traded certain items!
    - Functioning Help Desk and Ticket system to get any issues resolved quickly and efficiently. (Currently being upgraded to load more quickly!)
    - Recently upgraded host and physical server!
    - Fenix Supplies on Google Drive to store everything you need to get started.
    - And so much more! We've got our noses to the grindstone pushing out new and fixed content unique to Fenix! Click here for our wiki's Server Information page!

Feel free to ask me anything at all here or anywhere you can find us. See you in game!

Reconsidered the 99 cap, I take it. :/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Reconsidered the 99 cap, I take it. :/
    That we did, sorry about that. We decided in a long-winded meeting that it's not a direction we want to go in at this time.

Suppose I can understand why from the perspective of currently available content generally across the various DS servers, but will inevitably feel it's lost potential since there's not exactly a shortage of 75 cap competition out there. Guess I'd just hope it's not off the table for good. Jobs grow a fair deal between JAs, gear, and increased sub viability.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Suppose I can understand why from the perspective of currently available content generally across the various DS servers, but will inevitably feel it's lost potential since there's not exactly a shortage of 75 cap competition out there. Guess I'd just hope it's not off the table for good. Jobs grow a fair deal between JAs, gear, and increased sub viability.
    It's not necessarily a permanent decision. We just decided to focus on some older plans first. Stuff like stability and perfecting our points & rewards system.

All that still largely tied to NMs or have some lighter grind options between included? I realize I was probably looking at old cost documents back in the day, but some items basically translated to months of hoping you were online those particular NMs were about/being popped under normal conditions.

I somewhat inferred to it in our earlier PMs about leveling, but I'd say striving for lots of little goals will yield some more success in both interest and retention. Leveling multiple jobs, particularly solo, will take up a fair chunk of time. Farming needs are largely nixed due to the AH, which is good, but there are certainly ways to climb beyond both 75 and AH geared, which can get iffy depending on what kind of manpower requirements you wind up expecting. If you guys can really get creative, I suppose scalar content would be best to encourage that mix of high participation while avoiding a feeling of content helplessness.

And uncap the nation missions if you haven't already.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All that still largely tied to NMs or have some lighter grind options between included? I realize I was probably looking at old cost documents back in the day, but some items basically translated to months of hoping you were online those particular NMs were about/being popped under normal conditions.

I somewhat inferred to it in our earlier PMs about leveling, but I'd say striving for lots of little goals will yield some more success in both interest and retention. Leveling multiple jobs, particularly solo, will take up a fair chunk of time. Farming needs are largely nixed due to the AH, which is good, but there are certainly ways to climb beyond both 75 and AH geared, which can get iffy depending on what kind of manpower requirements you wind up expecting. If you guys can really get creative, I suppose scalar content would be best to encourage that mix of high participation while avoiding a feeling of content helplessness.

And uncap the nation missions if you haven't already.
    There was a lot of feedback about the grindyness of the points and we listened. We've lowered prices and increased point drops a ton since you've looked, I'm sure. We also added the actual drops themselves back on the mobs, which helped a lot with that "feeling of content helplessness", at least in the other zones. Also in progress some point farming "battlefields", which may scale with your party. That, and I'm thinking some daily gathering quests might not be too far off either. I'm sure mob of the week will make a comeback too.

We uncapped CoP because that storyline is just ridiculous. Nation missions I think will stay capped for now, they're fun to collaborate with others on. Uncapping it would throw the normal strategies out the window. I love teaching a player how to do 5-1 and then watching them go back and show others how to do it. It's just too awesome to uncap.

I played on a private server before, it was like this one but I don't remember the name. I do remember you were on there fluxion. If I find any screenshots can I transfer that character? Its probably been like a year?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Nullibicity View Post
    I played on a private server before, it was like this one but I don't remember the name. I do remember you were on there fluxion. If I find any screenshots can I transfer that character? Its probably been like a year?
    You should be able to log in with the same information and have that character available.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Have played on this server for quite some time

Flux and the GM staff are solid people, always around to help. If any of you have been wanting to check out a private server, and get in with the early crowd before the server really gets full, this is the place to do it

Im also around to help out most nights for anyone who needs a hand

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    Have played on this server for quite some time

Flux and the GM staff are solid people, always around to help. If any of you have been wanting to check out a private server, and get in with the early crowd before the server really gets full, this is the place to do it

Im also around to help out most nights for anyone who needs a hand
    Patriarch is stuck with us now! He just became a Community Manager (CM)! /cheer

Also welcome everyone new who has joined after seeing this post! Glad to have you!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

How many people are normally online at a time?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffy View Post
    How many people are normally online at a time?
    Depends on the day/time. We've been getting 8-10 online most days, had 26 a few days ago during a few events.

Has picked up quite a bit in the last few weeks during recruitment, and will only continue to pick up over the next few weeks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Still growing! Working on some customized BCNM battles for our end-game crowd, coming up soon.

Currently have a ZNM event going on ---> http://fenix.guildwork.com/forum/thr...2aa84a41692959

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How many people are on the server EST at night?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanghe View Post
    How many people are on the server EST at night?
    Weeknights we see around 15-20 online. It's currently 4pm on a Monday and we currently have 18 online. Weekends we range from 15-30ish. We had 36 over this past weekend.

Just over the last two weeks we have seen solid pickups in new players, looking forward to many more!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Added to original post:

Fenix is now running all zones on their own instance! This means that if one zone goes down because of a crash, NO other zone goes down. And since it has to load less to launch it, this means the zone restart upon such a crash is only a few seconds. Thank you Lagian for making this possible!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For all those who have asked, we now have a beta website that shows who we have online, what's on the auction house, and our custom modded item stats! Check it out: https://status.fenix-xi.com/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Update notes for 3/4/17!

Fenix Economy

You may have seen our previous announcement. If not, here's a quote from it:

"In the coming months, you're going to see us pursue a vision of permanence, of long-term. The Fenix experience is going to morph into something that will hold your attention for months, or even years, rather than weeks or days. Most of us have played this game for 10 or more years, and while that is almost too much (what can we say? we're fans), we want to emulate the special place in our hearts that FFXI has for us, with Fenix."

Step one of our plan for renewed longevity and player retention is an economy! This gives players more goals, more things to do, more content to work on. We are letting YOU (the players) build and shape how you want the economy to go. Everyone will be at the same level to start, and how you work your way up to riches is up to you!

Some of the auction house and shops are already stocked to give you a head start, but as the economy grows and evolves, we may remove the pre-stocked items as players gain a foothold in driving sales themselves.

We’re very excited for the Fenix Economy Kickoff – starting today!

Here’s the details:
    • Starting character gil reduced to 10 gil.
    • New players (main characters only) will receive 10,000 gil upon registration.
    • For a limited time, new registrations will receive double the amount (20k!) for our Fenix Economy Kickoff Promotion!
    • Starting character inventory size is now automatically at maximum (80).
    • (We hope to do this for existing characters too, but it has caused issues in the past with deleting items so we are waiting to do some testing.)
    • Current (existing) player gil changed to 50k.
    • Small gil drops have been added to monsters (scales with level).
    • Crafting materials have been purged from existing inventories. This is so that no one player has a huge advantage over others right off the bat.
    • If an item we didn’t purge upsets the market in an undesirable way, it may be purged later as well, along with any gil made from it. A brand new economy is fragile, and we want this to go well for all players!
    • Auction House updated and stocked with prices matching a 2008 retail server economy. Only certain consumable items are stocked.
    • Custom Fenix NPCs and @ shop prices also adjusted to 2008 standards.
    • Gobbiebag items removed from Creepstix.
    • Dynamis timer has been re-implemented to reflect this new server vision and focus.
    • Crystal cluster drops have been placed back on the mobs

Gameplay Update
    • Enmity scale factoring has been adjusted to better reflect retail values when damaging enemies.

Things to Come
    • We are working hard on Treasures of Aht Urhgan! Fenix is close to having an end-to-end ToAU story.
    • The Fenix Custom Dungeon is rolling right along! Core functions and framework has been implemented, and we’re working on design now!