+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm finding Rapier to be a difficult weapon against these bone style mobs. Or I should be wearing heavier armor. Or I'm just bad at the game.

Thought the same… repecced into a tank with sword/shield… much easier

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I haven't had any issues. How are you distributing your points?

Edit: This is how I have my points allocated for Rapier/Gauntlet;

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Why split stats like that? You could just do INT and put an elemental conversion gem in the rapier, or just use 2 dex weapons so that you don't have such low constitution...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Clearly I spec'd for damage or maybe I'm just winging it.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Something about this game just has me absolutely hooked. The world feels really... vibrant isn't the right word but there's just something I haven't really seen in any other (MMO-ish) games so far. I *like* being in Aeternum.

The sound design was the first thing I noticed, and it's absolutely outstanding, but the more I play I realize just how technically impressive the graphics are. The way they can phase unique things into the zone just for you (changes to the areas based on quests or other reasons) is really well done although this is far from the first game to do it. But then I started noticing how they play with light (phasing in clouds and fog, changing the entire color pallets and lighting) in selected areas which is just so well done. It's incredibly moody and it gives different enemy types/zones/bosses a real feeling of place. There have been a couple of jaw-dropping moments where I just had to stop and take it all in. I almost lost my lunch the first very long jump down I had... whatever motion blur or filter they put on that gives a wonderfully uneasy sensation. I've said before but I think the art direction (Central America/Aztec aesthetic) is very compelling. Watching settlements get bigger and better is great. It's great to scan in the distance for resources and pick out things you can grab during your travels.

The UI is super smooth, the menus fly (I love how the game world shrinks back a smidge when an overlay comes up). The way gathering, crafting and questing all weave together is great. With a little planning and organization you can level a lot of things in tandem.

I'm not going to pretend it's a perfect game. For everything above that I like I can name 2-3 related things that need to be better or fixed. There are some legitimate complaints and we don't really know what any sort of endgame looks like yet. The other thing that I personally like (and others may very well not) is the pace of combat. Skills have longer cooldowns which almost reminds me of FFXI or that interim FFXIV patch (1.16? can't remember). It's not a GCD spamfest, which I appreciate... that's just not for me. 2 weeks since launch and I'm 110 hours in-game. I really shouldn't be doing that kind of thing anymore, but I just can't stop.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If you want an even worse uneasy feeling, there is a strobe light tree in the bottom right corner of Brightwood.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

My crafting skills are almost entirely over 150, and I'm starting to see what I can do regarding making myself gear sets. I'm thinking I could base my character at full con points, and make a few sets of gear, some entirely STR, some CON/str, some entirely Focus, and just swap my weapons/armor around to be either a 2h DD, tank, or healer. Certainly going to push me towards maxing out my crafts more. Just need to figure out how to get to major trophies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    There's a boar farm in Restless shores that just has nonstop boar spawns and people kill them. You can just show up and get skinning to 200 there in a bit lol
    Rip

Fixed an issue causing twice the intended number of Boars to spawn at the Boarsholm POI in Restless Shores.
    https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/...s/update-1-0-2

Patch 1.0.2

Spoiler: show
    Faction Missions

We adjusted the rates of influence gain over time so that it will continue to require significant effort over time to flip a territory into conflict state:
    • Reduced the amount of influence increase over time significantly for attacking factions. This is to account for a bug we found where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.
    • Removed the decrease in influence over time for defending factions.

Bugs
    • General:
      • Fixed an issue where players could respawn as a corpse.
      • Fixed an issue where the tier 3 fishing treasure chest wouldn’t fight back after being hooked.
      • Fixed various localization issues and text fields.
      • Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.
      • Fixed an issue causing territory influence to be reset after an Invasion.
      • Fixed an issue where players attempting to take a split amount of stacked items from a different settlement their faction owns, they were charged for the entire cost of the items in the stack.
      • Fixed a game crash caused by a player targeting another player with a healing effect at the exact moment they fast traveled or teleported away.
      • Fixed an issue reducing variety and potential quantity of loot obtained from game modes and chests within the world.
      • Fixed an issue causing some crafting bonuses to not provide the minimum intended values.
      • Fixed an issue where overflow items in storage transferred to a different territory.
      • Fixed an issue where petting Barkimedes caused the camera to jitter.
      • Fixed an issue causing the Ice Pylon ability to not cooldown appropriately.
      • Fixed an issue where settlement storage can become massively overflowed by expired contracts.
      • Fixed an issue where player’s movement could stutter after becoming encumbered from logging.
      • Fixed an issue where there were not enough chests at Hapless Homestead to fulfill Faction quest requirements.
      • Fixed an issue causing players to randomly teleport.
      • Fixed an issue where players disappear if standing still when a campsite turret blueprint is being held.
      • Fixed a visual issue causing repeater turrets to appear as if they were firing projectiles at an angle that did not align with the turret.
      • Fixed miscellaneous game crashes.
    • AI:
      • Fixed an issue where Marshjaw respawned slower than intended at Flatfish Fishery.
      • Fixed an issue causing certain bears to respawn faster than intended.
      • Fixed an issue causing twice the intended number of Boars to spawn at the Boarsholm POI in Restless Shores.
    • Cash Shop:
      • Fixed an issue where players could be prompted to purchase an item they had previously started the unlocking process on in the in-game store when trying to unlock another item immediately after.
      • Fixed an issue causing store previews for skins to not work correctly when the player was actively wielding a weapon.
      • Fixed an issue where the Righteous Guardian armor skin would not change color in War.
      • Fixed an issue where the Runic Bear armor skin would not change color in War.
      • Fixed an issue causing incorrect poses when previewing store items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The real RIP is we lost our war. Brightwood was taken from us by a company that fielded a whole 10 people in the 50 person war. And they only declared war on us from a bug that allowed them to 0-100% influence in a 10min timespan.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think my only complaint so far is I feel like the Trading Post UI is pure dogshit and thats pretty shocking considering the entire games economy revolves around it since theres no NPC Shops.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I uninstalled today. I was doing the "spam townboard/faction" model to level and kept going to the same places and doing the same things and it got boring. Corruption trains were unavailable to me since I played primarily from 2am to 6am on the EST and the lack of interaction with other people made it an un-fun single player game. Also I don't like PvP and the primary drivers of the game events and company interactions are through those PvP events, so that didn't appeal to me.

In addition the gathering/refining/crafting was not as involved or fun as I expected it to be. Being able to get exp at level 183 skinning off the same turkeys and wolves I was getting exp off of at level 12 wasn't a good mechanic to me.

A good 45 levels and a very smooth play and a pretty game, but ultimately not a long-lasting option for me. Maybe I come back with new adjustments.

Good job Amazon, but missed some of that secret sauce for me to stay around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So in the drama of the day, after we lost our town, all of our leaders ghosted the company and were offline for basically 24 hours, aside from responding to some discord messages. A lot of people were very unhappy about this, and when an officer did come into voice chat to discuss it, I bluntly brought him up to speed on the grievances. So I ended up being removed from the company. A bunch of people left with me, and now I guess I'm a company leader. This is still potentially a temporary measure, and we are considering jumping to Marauder, as the more PvP focused people people came 'with me'. Green only has 1 town on my server, and it would maximize the amount of PvP. But waiting to talk to some other people before making the jump, but could try to shake things up on the server in a big way.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    So in the drama of the day, after we lost our town, all of our leaders ghosted the company and were offline for basically 24 hours, aside from responding to some discord messages. A lot of people were very unhappy about this, and when an officer did come into voice chat to discuss it, I bluntly brought him up to speed on the grievances. So I ended up being removed from the company. A bunch of people left with me, and now I guess I'm a company leader. This is still potentially a temporary measure, and we are considering jumping to Marauder, as the more PvP focused people people came 'with me'. Green only has 1 town on my server, and it would maximize the amount of PvP. But waiting to talk to some other people before making the jump, but could try to shake things up on the server in a big way.
    First you lose your territory, then you lose your dignity by joining the Marauders.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Marauders have the best glamour, don't @ me

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    First you lose your territory, then you lose your dignity by joining the Marauders.
    We opted not to make that move at the moment. We got enough people from the previous company and pushed Brightwood and got the claim to declare war. So we'll see how the war goes, and if we'll get our territory back. We got two officers from the previous company, lul.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I think we're going to see some serious drama when server transfers get going.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    I think we're going to see some serious drama when server transfers get going.
    I sure hope so. Starting to realize just how insane this company on my server is. They now own 4 towns as just their own company. Invasions protect half their towns at a time from us putting them all into conflict at once. They're apparently all ex-military and already equipping Voidbent armor sets. So they outgear everyone on the server and have extremely good tactics and response time. They are absolute monsters in war. There's another power gaming group on my server but they're legit afraid of them, and are doing nothing to go against them, just hoping they can end up outfarming them to catch up in gear or something. My company is going to war tomorrow and if we were facing normal players would be confident we'd have a solid shot, especially against the company that I am attacking as we've faced them in world PvP and they're not that great, but there's a very high chance the super company is going to come and defend that town, and I don't really know how we'll manage to beat a company that has those advantages. Our best bet is they are bored and transfer to another server, in which case I think my company might go Marauder (an absolutely dead faction on my server, related to two power gaming companies for the other factions) because I feel we'd be able to defend against the remainder of the server even without a huge number of allies to draw from.

Also, FUCK trophies. Trying to get mine upgraded and it just seems stupid to try to get the upgrade items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The 'reckoning' is upon us on Zuvendis. The power gaming company above has 5 wars all during the same 30min window. 4 against Syndicate, 1 against Marauders. And based on our intelligence, the factions may be trading their 'capital' cities, so it's going to be a bit crazy today and moving forward.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any idea why GG's name is just a bunch of numbers now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast