+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new motorcycle question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

new motorcycle question

Just went and looked at this bike. http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5808630668.html
    Loved the bike, never laid down, brand new tires, exhaust sounds good (although it did rattle a tiny bit when you start/ give it a good bit of gas). The bike has 2 issues though and not sure how big of a deal they are so wanted to get your guys input.
    1) Neutral light stays on even when shifted out of neutral. 2) Blinkers turn on but stay solid instead of blinking. They did blink one time. However when i restarted the bike and tried again they would just stay solid.
    Any ideas or segestions on how big of an issue these are?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hmm, possibly some electrical problem from flooding? Weird sensor issues always arise when water damage is present. I'd recommend you have a mechanic take a look before you commit.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    Just went and looked at this bike. http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/5808630668.html1) Neutral light stays on even when shifted out of neutral. 2) Blinkers turn on but stay solid instead of blinking. They did blink one time. However when i restarted the bike and tried again they would just stay solid.
    lol fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that death trap bike

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Let me put it this way. I would rather buy a bike that's been laid down than a bike that has electrical issues.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To expand a little. My Triumph Daytona has had numerous electrical issues. First of which I attempted to fix. The last three times I've had to take it back to the dealer and they still have yet to figure it out. Said bike has been sitting in my garage for three years now. Just haven't gotten around to putting it up for sale.

Same. You can lay a bike out and it'll be fine except cosmetic damage (which is far easier and fairly cheap to fix/replace) but electrical is the devil.

Find a different bike.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Wouldn't mess with electrical issues, personally. I would inquire about the Mustang beside it though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Electrial on bikes is a nightmare to figure out. Get something else.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the advice. I figured it was an electrical problem but I was hoping for the best... really was a sexy bike! But oh well. Found a really good deal on a 05 R6 so think ima check it out and see how she runs/looks.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If it was me, I'd get it but idk how handy you are. Neither of those is super important anyway. Neutral sensor is probably dirty, pull and spray with a degreaser. If that fails it might be frayed wiring grounding it to the block or frame. Neutral light is a luxury imo. Turn signals I'd be cautious about, but I'd wager they used the wrong wiring on aftermarket lights. When I rode I only had rear flushies, and used hand signals. If you aren't handy, pass on it.