+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Ya'll making a bigger deal of it then it needs to be. They've already shown ain't nobody checking the security cameras on the regular. Dudes spend their entire shifts fucking dolls and ain't nobody care.

It's becoming increasingly obvious the oversight of this company doesn't really care about the day to day, and instead has their own agenda that doesn't involve fucking robots. I personally get the feeling the grand plan by the people Theresa is following is to turn all this military or something.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They would have done that already. Shit's been open for 30 years.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From what we've seen, it looks like Anthony Hopkins has an annoyingly high (from management standpoint) amount of veto/fuck you power that he wields like a swinging dick. That's why they're trying to push him out. So for 30 years they haven't been able to make a move, regardless of motivation.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    They would have done that already. Shit's been open for 30 years.
    Yeah but with the conversation that Ford had with Theresa, it seems like Ford had most of the power for nearly all these 30 years and it wasn't until recently that this oversight seems to be taking over the company.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I mean, not to be pedantic, but nothing that complex and restricted has a "delete" button that any fucking monkey could accidentally press. That'd be like a Fortune 500 company having every random accountant able to delete the entire network by double clicking an icon on the desktop.
    So they hired Sony to do their IT security?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I agree that letting Maeve walk all around the higher floors was stupid and a pretty big plot oversight. I kept expecting them to get busted. But I just chocked it up to him making it seem like he was controlling her and she was acting like a puppet (more-or-less during it - until the end part) as he had the controller out and making it seem like he was moving her. So I just went with the fact that sometimes they move models around the facility for various reasons.
    That's what I kind of figured, as well. She was definitely trying to tone down the emotions she was feeling to not make it clear she wasn't in Analysis mode (or whatever the behind the scenes equivalent is). But, realistically, if she were out "for a walk" with Felix, she probably should have been naked, as all hosts are in that area. If I were another employee, her being dressed would have alerted me more than just being out for a testing walk.

Side note: we didn't see Dolores or Jimmi at all this episode, did we? Found that curious.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Maybe they're still on that train ride to somewhere. How much time has passed since the last episode - a few hours plus what happened this episode - a day and part of a night?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Did anyone notice the old 1973 gunslinger model when Bernard was in the basement?
    The computer Bernard uses also has the old logo on it. I'd say these two more or less confirms they're using the same world as the original movie (or they're just using the two as big ass easter eggs), which likely means the incident they've referenced is referring to the movie.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Gunslinger was an easter egg confirmed by Nolan earlier today. The old WW logo has been shown a few times which most believe to signify something from the early days. Since he was using a computer that worked with the first gen models it makes sense that it had the old WW logo, same as the scientists labcoats in the flashbacks.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Great episode, kinda confirms the theory about William and Logan
    Spoiler: show
    is a timeline in the past while MiB = present
    http://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5...t/ww-logos.gif

That in turn supports the theory of William
    = MiB
    even further.

It also raises the question if Bernard
    is actually a host: http://imgur.com/gallery/0MJUS

I think the most perplexing thing about the Maeve scene wasn't how easily she persuadet them, since that's her persona. For some reason someone created a stats system capable of increasing their intelligence (or w/e it was called) way above the intended max. You know, just for when you want to create an AI overlord with a simple swipe. No admin account needed, no alarms triggered. It's a miracle that place is still going after 30 years with how bad their entire security system is.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That second one is a fucking stretch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There are a lot of people that feel that he could be including myself. There is a thread on reddit about Bernards randomly changing wardrobe between scenes which would lead most to believe that we are seeing at least two different versions of him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    I think the most perplexing thing about the Maeve scene wasn't how easily she persuadet them, since that's her persona. For some reason someone created a stats system capable of increasing their intelligence (or w/e it was called) way above the intended max. You know, just for when you want to create an AI overlord with a simple swipe. No admin account needed, no alarms triggered. It's a miracle that place is still going after 30 years with how bad their entire security system is.
    This could be just that whoever is already messing with them lowered the security so they wouldn't trigger any alerts.

BG Level

That second one is a fucking stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    There are a lot of people that feel that he could be including myself. There is a thread on reddit about Bernards randomly changing wardrobe between scenes which would lead most to believe that we are seeing at least two different versions of him.
    I rather like the Bernard is a host/Arnold copy theory myself. Better than William being MiB anyway.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    It also raises the question if Bernard
    is actually a host: http://imgur.com/gallery/0MJUS
    The explanation of Ford hiding behind the door makes a lot more sense. You better believe if someone besides Bernard had been the one to find that cabin, Ford would've let his robo-dad put a beating on them if not outright kill them. He wanted to see who it was first so if he had to let something happen he could say "oh no, what a horrible accident."

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Couple of interesting things to take from this promotional video:

1) The CEO's name is Mark Flood - most likely Teddy's older brother
    2) The company he works for is Ford&Lowe. Only two characters we know share those names which is Robert Ford and Bernard Lowe
    3) The CEO speaks of already beta testing Westworld and says that the other parks should be up and running in 2017. So now we have some idea of the timeframe that the incident happened around 2016/2017 and the possible later events shown as the present is 2046/2047.

Also funny that Arnold Weber is an anagram of Bernard Lowe

Again could be a red herring.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

If I understood correctly, one of those videos uses the "modern" logo despite being set in the shows past; another twist (against) in the timeline argument.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What is this MiB?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Those videos are fucking buried in YouTube... 150 views?

Are they available anywhere else?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    If I understood correctly, one of those videos uses the "modern" logo despite being set in the shows past; another twist (against) in the timeline argument.
    There is actually an argument against that because in the promo videos before the show started, when William arrives at westworld the modern logo is shown, but when the episode aired it was the opposite with the older logo.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    What is this MiB?
    Man in Black

Those videos are fucking buried in YouTube... 150 views?

Are they available anywhere else?
    I don't know, but it's kind of iffy though the channel is from an official youtube channel for the HBO series...