Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Need to get me an HBO now account asap. Hearing nothing but praise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah I honestly didn't expect a lot going in but the first episode was great

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The first episode was fucking amazing. Agree that you should not watch the sneak peek at the end of the show; spoils a lot, but man does it get the hype train going. Casting is exceptional as well; big fan of Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins, and Thandie Newton is perfect as cast.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I checked it out after seeing such unanimous praise in this thread. It was entertaining enough, and I'm excited to see where they go with all the possible storylines. The music was also god tier, especially Paint it Black and Blackhole Sun. The episode dragged a bit in a few parts, but I understand that they have a lot of things to introduce to the audience in the first episode. I have high hopes for the world and characters that were established.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Just watched, show has a lot of potential. Watched this on my new TV and I agree that the visuals were spectacular.

Spoiler: show
    I wonder if we will see any other 'worlds' besides this Western cowboy world that things are currently in. Would be interesting if each season is focused on a different one.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Just watched, show has a lot of potential. Watched this on my new TV and I agree that the visuals were spectacular.

I wonder if we will see any other 'worlds' besides this Western cowboy world that things are currently in. Would be interesting if each season is focused on a different one.
    This is fairly major FUTURE SHOW spoiler, it's semi-revealed in the preview. Full warning on this, it won't ruin the show but it's major. YOU WERE WARNED.
    There are other worlds. Medieval and Roman. Possibly others as well. This is based on the Westworld movie and the sequel. Also the brief show they did in the 70's.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure this in the same world as the original movie, seeing as they reference an incident 30 years prior.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Someone find me a copy of that version of Paint It Black. I've been looking for it all day.
    Found it, because I'd wanted to hear it, too. Keeps some of the sound effects, but gets rid of the dialogue.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

didnt like the parts where the old guys sit around naked tho while they interogate him

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Is this titled incorrectly? It's still 2016 right?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Enjoyed this a lot. Would recommend to anyone that wants drama/mystery/scifi stuff. I don't really watch a ton of shows anymore, so more good stuff is cool with me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The pilot was amazing, excited to see what's going to happen later.

HBO released the first episode free, enjoy!
    http://www.hbo.com/video/index.html?...html&view=null

was interesting enough to give it a few more episodes. god damn evan rachel wood is unbelievably gorgeous

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I liked it too. Am I the only one who noticed some strange visual tics in certain scenes, almost as if there was something (intentionally) wrong with the filming? I know it's not just me because my bf noticed it too. I wonder if it's just a trick to make the viewer feel more uneasy, or if it's for some other reason. Could just be accidental I guess, since it's very subtle.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's intentional. I saw an article posted on reddit earlier in the week about how they edited the show to display the glitches in the hosts.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

i too enjoyed this show and cannot wait for more. reminds me of what a show like caprica could have been if it hadn't been canceled.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So episode two is a lot better than the first. Especially if you think things were a little slow to start. I really felt like they nailed it this episode and I already want more.

Episode 2 thoughts and spoilers:
    Sooo many things in this episode I already want to know about. What's the maze? What's Anthony Hopkins planning by shooting down dudebro's storyline? What's going to happen to the head prostitute?

I also really liked how this episode setup entering Westworld. I'm trying to wrap around my head how the train thing could actually work out in real life. Ugh. I want more already.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Where did you find episode 2? It says it airs on the 9th on imdb, and I can't even find it on HBO or any other sites that shall not be named ~.~

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Apparently HBO released early on HBO now, HBO go, and HBN On demand because they would be competing with debate Sunday.