+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This has a timeline of all events

http://www.thisisinsider.com/westwor...poilers-2018-4

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What a fuckin skulljob.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

my brain, it hurtssss.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Had it's issues as always but hella entertaining

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    I started piecing it together after the first native dude went through "the door," but what is throwing me off is the train scene from a few episodes back.

Weren't there two groups of people (Elsie/Bernard and Charlotte/Bernard/Delos dudes) that were all present when the train hit the welcome area and the hosts started attacking? I thought both of them reacted to the train exploding and the rumbling in the HQ.
    It's pretty clear from this last episode that Elsie/Bernard happened first which would mean the train only hit when they were there and Bernard was going into the model space for the park where he met Ford. I had thought there were two Bernards from that point,
    rather than the two timelines again because of the train explosion thing.

BG Level

just binge watched season 2, show is good and often flirts with greatness but can't stop getting in its own way. the disjointed narrative and twisty twists of twist often seem designed mostly to display the cleverness of the writers and to instill the kind of compelling engagement they don't believe more conventional plot presentation would engender (though given how often the writers rely on deus ex machina when someone has a gun to someone's else's head maybe they really just aren't good enough).

for example the shot of Teddy dead at the end of episode one, revealing his fate in a contrived manner designed to spur a million shitty reddit threads but substantively was an affectation that served no actual narrative purpose. they seemed afraid that telling the story of Dolores growing increasingly bloodthirsty and Teddy's aversion to it (and then to himself when he is programmed to be the same), resulting in her losing the one individual that truly loved her during her quest for vengeance was not a story that could stand on its own. and they were wrong. the cheap who-dun-it cliffhanger weakened rather than strengthened the defining seasonal arc of one of the show's protagonists.

conversely the reveal of Akecheta (in addition to simply being excellently portrayed by Fargo bro and beautifully presented by director/cinematographer/scorer) was the kind of layered expansion of the universe that both makes coherent sense and subverts audience assumptions. hitherto we knew nothing about him and the Ghost Nation simply because our protagonists knew nothing about them, our range of knowledge was restricted with a justification that went beyond fuck you that's why.

and the writers seem entirely unable to tell the difference. they are so obsessed with mystery and the complexity of their construct they fail again and again to see the sophistication of simplicity, and fail to believe in the strengths of their own creation.

all in all 3/5 Doloreses going full Cylon.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New trailer premiered before GoT finale last night:

Holy cow, does it look like this is going in a brand new direction, or what?

Futureworld, Bitch!

BG Level

cyberpunk Jessie ok nice

100% on board to be disappointed again

GATTACA!

BG Level

That one episode that followed the Indian guy that never died was enough to save last season for me.

Hopefully this one is more even and maybe they simplify the plot slightly from extreme 36D chess

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

they'll be able to get decent mileage (2-3 episodes) for me if they just let jesse do his weepy rage thing again. hopefully he gets to emote a little more once the plot gets rolling because hes way more effective when he's freaking the fuck out

BG Level

Awwww yeah

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    New trailer premiered before GoT finale last night:

Futureworld, Bitch!
    I think "Future World" might actually be the present timeline, and Jesse gets thrown into Westworld/Samurai World.

Reuse the props and set design from Rome and make "Romeworld" or whatever it was called

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not a bad idea if we're basically getting Aaron Paul as man on the ground style view of whatever shenanigans Dolores is getting up to.

Until of course he ends up being a secret robot.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's not a bad idea if we're basically getting Aaron Paul as man on the ground style view of whatever shenanigans Dolores is getting up to.

Until of course he ends up being a secret robot.
    Yeah I really hope they dont go this route of "who's really a robot!" I much more enjoyed the plot when it was about a new type of intelligent life trying to find it's way in a world where current life better benefits from the formers subservience, and not a story of who is a cylon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Yeah I really hope they dont go this route of "who's really a robot!" I much more enjoyed the plot when it was about a new type of intelligent life trying to find it's way in a world where current life better benefits from the formers subservience, and not a story of who is a cylon.
    Who is a cylon in this timeline, you mean. They're not a cylon in three other timelines, a clone in a fourth, and a DS9 Founder in the fifth.

I really hope they leave the gimmicky storytelling behind. Just because a twist worked once doesn't mean you should try it again, but repeated four times, in the next season.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Here is a new trailer they just showed us at Comic Con

Also the cast was still being cryptic as hell with their answers to questions.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

BG Level

well Vincent Cassel and Aaron Paul are the tits and Ramin Djawadi is back doing his thing but please God shore up that abysmal writing with a less tweest-dependent narrative