+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

hbonow get all laggy for other peeps too? Watching at 9:15 pacific. Said was uploaded 3 hrs ago.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So man last nights episode was like whaaaat?! So many big reveals in small ways.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What was the song played on the jukebox piano thingy? GF and I couldn't figure it out but it sounded familiar.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When? In this episode the only music I heard was Peacherine Rag.

Last episode was No Surprises (that I believed played on the piano), and Weeping Willow Rag. The first one was during her visions, the second when Teddy was shot.

Not sure which one you mean that played on the jukebox. Tried to scroll through the episode trying to find another one, but I couldn't.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The paper piano thingy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that was last episode, no? And that was No Surprised by Radiohead.

If you eman this episode roughly 24 min in to the episode, then it's Peacherine Rag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8c8eFXNolg

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

at 25 minutes in

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, Peacherine Rag.

If that doesn't ring a bell, it is somewhat similar to the track in Treno from FFIX, I guess. Or not, but it's the first thing I can think of.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Loving this show; I have a WhatsApp chain with like 15 college buddies and we spend way too much time talking about Westworld. There are some pretty good fan theories being floating around.

The one thing that I don't understand: what guidelines are in place to prevent either accidental or purposeful guest v guest mischief? I realize you can't shoot the guns at another warm-bodied individual, but what's to stop a male guest from raping a female guest during some bandit hunt? Or from one guy protecting an android he likes and hurting another guest? Do the androids step in and break it up as part of their coding?

I would imagine that the line between reality and fantasy gets blurred pretty easily when immersed that deeply.

EDIT: Should have Googled; doesn't seem perfect, but there are some safety nets:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/09...second-episode

William is told he can’t get hurt in Westworld. But what about being hurt by another guests? What’s to keep a guest from stabbing him thinking he’s a robot? Is there a safe word?

Joy: We talked a lot about the rules of the park. A lot of it isn’t made explicit in the series but there’s something called the Good Samaritan Reflex within the hosts. So say you’re in a bar fight and some guy has a knife and maybe there’s even another guest that you didn’t know and he thinks you’re a host and he’s gonna stab you in the back. In that instance, a good Samaritan host would seamlessly intersect and get in that fight and literally take that knife for you. Now accidents can happen – falling off a cliff and things like that. But you know it’s mitigated somewhat because even the animals – aside from the flies – are hosts, so no horse is going to buck you to your death.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And there is a copy of the Westworld guest contract on the website; some guy parsed through it and it's fairly interesting:

http://www.pajiba.com/westworld/delo...-explained.php

read that as "no horse will fuck you to your death" not gonna lie

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    read that as "no horse will fuck you to your death" not gonna lie
    Not until they open a park themed on Russia under Catherine The Great.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have no idea if this show can maintain this level of awesome, because these first 3 episodes have been so damn good.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I'm not sure if I'm mad that I cant bulk-watch everything in one sitting or that I'm actually excited for each episode and not used to it >_>

GATTACA!

BG Level

it's one of the few shows where during the episode I find myself thinking "fuckkkkk how much time is left????" not wanting it to end

a recap for ep. 3 I just read posited that
    Spoiler: show
    Jeffrey Wright (black head programmer man) is a Host, given how he mentioned him losing his son was just like how he told James Marsden about his backstory with Wyatt.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    it's one of the few shows where during the episode I find myself thinking "fuckkkkk how much time is left????" not wanting it to end

a recap for ep. 3 I just read posited that
    Jeffrey Wright (black head programmer man) is a Host, given how he mentioned him losing his son was just like how he told James Marsden about his backstory with Wyatt.
    Eh..

Nah.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've heard that theory thrown around quite a bit; too early to tell right now. One fan theory I do believe is:

Two timelines are being presented simultaneously. William (Jimmi Simpson) is the Man in Black; his youthful first foray in the park with Logan that we see is 30 years prior and near the "incident" which has been referenced a few times. The other scenes we see are 30 years later.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Chick that does the text replays of GoT started up Westworld and boy.

It's great.

http://imgur.com/a/9wtjD

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I've heard that theory thrown around quite a bit; too early to tell right now. One fan theory I do believe is:

Two timelines are being presented simultaneously. William (Jimmi Simpson) is the Man in Black; his youthful first foray in the park with Logan that we see is 30 years prior and near the "incident" which has been referenced a few times. The other scenes we see are 30 years later.
    Don't those two stories already intersect though? Part of what triggers Dolores to be able to pull the gun trigger is a remembrance of a recent past encounter with the man-in-black, and then shortly thereafter she ends up escaping directly into the hands of William by the campfire.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Don't those two stories already intersect though? Part of what triggers Dolores to be able to pull the gun trigger is a remembrance of a recent past encounter with the man-in-black, and then shortly thereafter she ends up escaping directly into the hands of William by the campfire.
    I can totally dig this theory. Because the beginning of Episode 2 starts with the words "Remember Delores..." and it then begins the story of his first time in the park being taken by his brother-in-law.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast