+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

i sure hope so, i am not a fan of the billy = MiB theory, mostly because of the story-telling fuckery it would take

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I don't want it to be true either but I do wonder
    Spoiler: show
    what the scene of Delores in the train by herself means, when moments before she had William and Lawrence as companions.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I don't want it to be true either but I do wonder
    what the scene of Delores in the train by herself means, when moments before she had William and Lawrence as companions.
    I think it's
    her revisiting memories in her head. A dream state kind of thing.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still have absolutely no fucking clue what is going on in this show, but I love it.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think I am starting to see how the earlier fan theory fits right now

It does appear that we are looking at two different timelines with William being the MiB. Delores went off her loop 30 years ago and went with William and it certainly seems that those events happened back then because we see William get shot by a host, but he is physically hurt by it (bruised). It is possible that in the present, they made changes to make the park more safe which included some form of blank bullets that do not hurt the guests in any way. We also see Williams brother in law Logan getting choked out by a host as well.

Other evidence that appears to support this is some clever editing especially in episode 5 where there is a shot of Delores on the train alone and then Lawrence and William just somewhat appear. So it looks like Delores is retracing her steps from 30 years ago.

On the other hand, this is Jonathan Nolan it could be a red herring since he (and his brother) like to mindfuck people (You know, Prestiege, Inception, and Memento)

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

This episode actually debunks that theory. When Logan is talking about the history of the park to Billy he references Arnold's death as having happened 30 years ago.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    This episode actually debunks that theory. When Logan is talking about the history of the park to Billy he references Arnold's death as having happened 30 years ago.
    I am actually going back thru some of the episodes. I don't remember a time being said by logan but I will check it momentarily.

Edit: Just double checked. If it is the speech Logan gives when they arrive at the small town no timeline was given:

Logan: Some of the park feels like it was designed by committee or market testing, but everything out here is more raw, but it doesn't come cheap. Rumor is they are hemorrhaging cash. We're considering buying them out. Supposedly this place was all started by a partnership and right before the park opened, one of the partners killed himself. Sent the park into a free-fall. I mean, I don't even know any of the details. I don't even know his name.

William: You must have a team of lawyers looking at this place.

Logan: Well, they came up empty...he's a complete mystery. Not even a picture

William: Well, whoever designed this place, you get the feeling they don't think very much of people

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

he doesn't say 30 years ago, just that they are bleeding cash and their company looking to buy

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Still, that definitely sounds like talking about ancient history to me. Also, the MiB says he saved the park with some cash. I don't get the sense Billy has enough cash to even make a dent in the worth of the park.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

He said he is VP of something... and they're on a "business trip," where we saw the assumed CEO? of the company get dragged off by some robots... Maybe he just got promoted and does have a shit ton of money.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

prob is a flashback, and logan dies and billy gets promoted to ceo or something, then builds his empire over the years, buys and frequents park and becomes mib. now he's dying with cancer or someshit and his final swansong is figuring out the maze.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The more episodes we're in to the show, the more I doubt it's in the past. For example, MiB said that they changed the way the hosts look; telling Teddy that he was so beautiful before they made them appear more human. In addition, they've also updated the hosts a lot more from back when they opened to h ave a lot more fluid movements and more convinving dialogue. The parts with William all look very modern and fluid to me.

Additionally, they didn't specifically say he died 30 years ago. More specifically, they stated he committed suicide in the park before the park even opened -- which is why almost no one outside of the people who worked there then knows about him due to the cover up.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Honestly I think it's a red herring. Everyone is expecting it so the plot twist will be that it isn't true.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Additionally, they didn't specifically say he died 30 years ago. More specifically, they stated he committed suicide in the park before the park even opened -- which is why almost no one outside of the people who worked there then knows about him due to the cover up.
    The park has only been open 30 years and Logan said Arnold died right before.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Honestly I think it's a red herring. Everyone is expecting it so the plot twist will be that it isn't true.
    Yeah, with all the discussion around it I think it's all a jumped up distraction now.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually, we know exactly when he died. Ford asked Dolores when she was last in contact with Arnold, to which she responded "34 years, 42 days, 7 hours ago", to which Ford responds "Yes, the day Arnold died". So whether it was right before the park opened or before the park opened is technicalities, as that is the exact date he died.

We also know that Dolores have personally talked to Arnold on more than one occasion, so we do know that she's one of a few -- if not the only -- host still in service since then. We do know from before she's one of the oldest hosts, but now we know just how old. My guess is that Teddy and the head prostitute are the oldest after her, and have probably been in service since the park opened. The lumber jack I'm uncertain about, I kind of feel like he's a red herring and that MiB did something to him to try and find the maze and is not actually messed up in the same way the others are.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://imgur.com/a/zE3jU#PVsmGbv

Fucking funniest shit. I keep forgetting about these.

Spoilers for every ep.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Is it just me, or is this dude:

that Ford talks to every day probably an exact copy of Arnold, but cowboy'd up. Seems odd Ford personally checks on that one host all the damn time.

Also, I got my own theory about the MiB. I think he's a special kind of host that Ford is using to attempt to find this secret Arnold took with him to his grave. This time mumbo-jumbo kick ya'll are on is for the birds.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

OK one thing with the timeline of the series.

More then likely, Ford has only talked to him down there once. What were seeing is the same conversation basically being shown in reverse (the part from Episode 5 leads directly to the one in Episode 1).

Ford going down there in Episode 1 set off a bunch of alarms, so it wouldn't make sense for him to keep going down there.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    This time mumbo-jumbo kick ya'll are on is for the birds.
    It's hard to look past it when you have scenes where Delores is all alone, and then William and Logan suddenly are in the same scene. Or in reverse, where they are there, and suddenly she is alone. It could be that there is only one timeline and what we perceive to be the present (where Delores is alone retracing her steps) could actually be a memory of the past where she went off her loop alone for the first time and her adventure with Logan and William are happening in the present. There are many different ways that this could go to be honest, and again this is a Nolan production so there is always going to be some trickery going on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast