+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This show continues to be amazing. The scene tonight between MiB and Ford tonight was a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis.
    Aaaaaand cock
    And tits. And ass. And bush. The amount of nudity this episode made Game of Thrones look positively prude.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It was Spartacus levels of nudity.

And yeah, Hopkins and Harris killed that scene.

I loved this episode. So much stuff going on

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sunday nights is The Walking Dead and Westworld night. Westworld has dominated both times so far.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

This was the best episode so far for me. Everything moved along quickly. We got lots of character and plot development. In an episode filled with dicks, Hopkins proved his is the biggest by waving it all over ever scene he was in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Sunday nights is The Walking Dead and Westworld night. Westworld has dominated both times so far.
    Yup. 9pm Westworld, and 10pm Walking Dead, which allows me to skip through the commercials in TWD. I enjoy both shows quite a bit, but Westworld is the one I'm thinking about as I'm going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    This was the best episode so far for me. Everything moved along quickly. We got lots of character and plot development. In an episode filled with dicks, Hopkins proved his is the biggest by waving it all over ever scene he was in.
    I gotta say that Dolores is killing it too. I've seen her in few things before and she was good but this is another level for her.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Thoughts on
    Spoiler: show
    Laurence being alive in one plotline and dead in another? I don't want Jimmi Simpson to be the MiB.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Thoughts on
    Laurence being alive in one plotline and dead in another? I don't want Jimmi Simpson to be the MiB.
    Well it definitely does at least hint at the show covering two different time periods at the moment.

It could be possible that by time Logan, William, and Dolores get there that he has already been retrieved, cleaned up, and set back into his routine but I think that would be a bit of a stretch really.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Well it definitely does at least hint at the show covering two different time periods at the moment.

It could be possible that by time Logan, William, and Dolores get there that he has already been retrieved, cleaned up, and set back into his routine but I think that would be a bit of a stretch really.
    I was thinking the same, which leads into one of my ongoing questions: how often do they reset? does everything play out for a week before you have to leave and re-enter for the narratives to restart?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well first episode made it seem like a daily reset in some cases at least when the father was killed by bandits one night and then the next day he was sitting on the porch waiting for Dolores again. I would guess that isn't a set thing though as some of the hosts could be off on long excursions with guests that would require them to be kept around without a reset.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think it depends. If a guest is with them, reset doesn't happen. But I'd guess a reset happens as soon as a host is killed off.

The thing that, to me, make it seem like there's two timelines going in is a few episodes back when they were at the campfire after Dolores walked in to camp with them. During the night she was suddenly being questioned, and then next morning by the campfire again. So unless they make a habit of pulling hosts away from guests during night time without anyone noticing, that to me was strange.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been operating under the assumption that most of the behind the scenes stuff is not necessarily following any specific time frame, but everything else is happening in real time.

With Laurence in particular, MiB kills him, but as he's leaving he mentions how someone will be by to pick him up. So I'm taking it as he was processed and put back out into the world, which is where the others meet up with him.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Spoiler'ed just in case, but not really:

I think this episode finally locks in a bit about how everything works. First off I'm pretty sure we are not seeing two different points in time (although I was a pretty big fan of that theory and the show makes it seem like a very distinct likelihood). I might be wrong, but the scene with Ford and MiB make it pretty clear that we aren't talking a 30 years difference in what's going on. That being said, I still expect some sort of twist in how the scenes are shown to be a reveal of some sort.

Since the first episode I've been trying to think through the logistics of how retrieving the hosts work and when the park resets. I started thinking it was likely there was a copy of each host underground and the consciousness travels back and forth when they need to do an interview. At first it seemed like the park reset every day, but then we started seeing stories that lasted more than a day; and of course the MiB is inside for an extended period of time. Back to the hosts, it now seems very reasonable for there to be multiple copies of a host also because they get shot up badly enough they'd need to swap them while being fixed up. If their consciousness can jump between bodies, that also lends some credence to the fractal AI theory -- that they are subconsciously linked and have been subconsciously "solving" how to becoming sentient over these 30 years.

I don't know if any of you ever played a dynamically-resetting MUD, but that's how I see the park. When a particular zone hits a certain point and the guests are done there, that zone resets. Kind of like how NPCs respawn in an RPG, too. The main town has short storylines and can be pretty much reset on a daily basis. Further out allows for longer storylines -- and with less interaction less need to reset as often. Each host can restart their loop as needed as Lawrence did (also this is more evidence of multiple copies). We're not talking about hundreds of guests at a time and it isn't likely many of them have the money to spend an extended period of time in the park, so while occasionally a storyline might need manual intervention from underground I doubt it is a frequent issue.

So that's my working theory for now.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It has to be dynamically resetting. That's the only way to effectively utilize the majority of the park. Otherwise you'd have to stop adventures at random intervals in order to get hosts back to their "starting" position.

I think we're seeing an "awakening" trigger spreading through the hosts via Dolores and it's gonna go sideways next episode.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I also believe in dynamic resetting.

They explained a few episodes ago that the entire park dynamically adjusts itself when hosts die/go missing. If it's just a host or two it's not much of a problem, but the more hosts go missing, the harder it is for the storylines to adjust. And certain hosts are more important than others -- for example, the lumberjack who messed up a great deal when he went missing, to the extent that five other hosts were unable to move from their location because no one else could start a fire or chop wood.

All minor hosts can be reset on a daily basis or more, as they've claimed to do so they will "forget" the horrible things the guests do to them -- which is why they gave them the concept of nightmares. They also stated that Dolores was traveling outside of her set storyline as she was supposed to be reset after the raid of her house -- but they didn't bother to retrieve her because she was accompanied by guests. So I believe it's rather obvious that they reset whenever their storyline is over. Which, for most hosts, is daily.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I agree that two separate time lines are being shown. The way the Lawrence is portrayed in the two different scenarios seems very different to me. When he's with the MiB he seems much less confident but also more aware of "things" while in the story and interactions with Delores he seems very focused on his prime objective and his particular part of the narrative. It almost seems as if he matured over time or through his adventure with the MiB. Very odd.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I agree that two separate time lines are being shown. The way the Lawrence is portrayed in the two different scenarios seems very different to me. When he's with the MiB he seems much less confident but also more aware of "things" while in the story and interactions with Delores he seems very focused on his prime objective and his particular part of the narrative. It almost seems as if he matured over time or through his adventure with the MiB. Very odd.
    We saw in the Ford/MiB scene that hosts can be switched in a moments notice (Teddy). Also let's not forget that Lawrence saw his wife murdered right in front of him while some crazy dude dragged him around by a rope. The "new" one shown later in the episode experienced none of that.

We also see that generally speaking the storylines are operating on a similar timeframe. Teddy was assigned the Wyatt back story, which led to his path diverging away from Dolores. That led to the events sending her to Logan and Billy (with Teddy not being present when her house was attacked). Meanwhile Teddy being left out in the desert brought him to MiB, WHICH THEN leads to MiB cutting (literally) ties with Lawrence, which after reassignment puts him in contact with Dolores/Billy/Logan

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Trying to determine anything based on the hosts is a trap, for sure. They can be rejiggered to do/think/be whatever, whenever, however.
    Interactions with real ass people is how this story will unfold.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, I can't remember the exact thread on reddit, but there was a breakdown of a scene last week where it's obvious that MiB and Billy/Logan/Dolores are happening at the same time, because the people in the control room are referencing both of their storylines in the same conversation chain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast