Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Black Mirror Season 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Forgot those 3 episodes existed. Gonna have to catch up sometime

Spoiler: show
    The first episode could have been slightly thought provoking if the dudes didn't know each other, or the relationship successfully went into the reals, or Falcon and his wife ended up rekindling their relationship by fucking each other in the game or something. Super disappointing all around 'cause it did have some potential.

Jim Moriarty vs Eric Forman was an ok episode.

Hannah Montana, AKA Trent Reznor, having an aunt who wants to turn her into Sharon Apple felt like I was being trolled the entire episode.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I just sat and binged the entire 5 eps of the newest season.

First 2 eps were fine, then the rest felt weak in that it didn't feel as black mirror as it did before, without going into spoiler discussion, so with this bump lets see if anyone else watched it lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shit I don't even know if I watched the previous season lol Bandersnatch is the last thing I have a memory of.

I may have quite a few episodes to binge

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I just sat and binged the entire 5 eps of the newest season.

First 2 eps were fine, then the rest felt weak in that it didn't feel as black mirror as it did before, without going into spoiler discussion, so with this bump lets see if anyone else watched it lol
    Saw 3 episodes for now, I agree the first two were good (especially the 1st), the 3rd was meh, very predictable and one big plot hole

Finished the season. Was great all around

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Saw 3 episodes for now, I agree the first two were good (especially the 1st), the 3rd was meh, very predictable and one big plot hole
    Just finished the last episode. I agree with the above about episode 3. Overall, not as enjoyable as the pre-Netflix episodes, but still enjoyable. I think the last episode was my favorite of the 5. It felt more like the original episodes, possibly because it didn't add anyone famous to the cast (that I knew of).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last episode was cool in a "short King-style story" way, but to me Black Mirror is mainly about dangers of technology, that feel more or less probable, and this and some other episodes didn't fit that completely

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oops nvm

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the 3rd was meh, very predictable and one big plot hole.
    I don't recall that; what did you see as a plot hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo
    Last episode was cool in a "short King-style story" way, but to me Black Mirror is mainly about dangers of technology, that feel more or less probable, and this and some other episodes didn't fit that completely
    Finished the season yesterday. Thoughts:

Spoiler: show

The first two episodes were great, the first one was probably one of my favorites in the series.

The third one was a great concept and had stellar acting by Aaron Paul playing two different characters in the same body, but also felt like it was missing something. I don't know if that was some sort of resolution at the end, but the non-Pinkman astronaut going straight to murder just ... didn't work for me. I know the episode was 80 minutes already, but it felt like a story that needed another 20-30 minutes to flesh out; the leap at the end was a lot. I felt like just killing off the replica to trap them in the same starship would have felt like more of a rational thought. I understand witnessing the murder of his entire family is going to cause him to snap, but it took a long time to get there and then he snapped basically immediately.

I enjoyed the twist in the fourth one a lot - given that this was Black Mirror, I expected a twist, but did not expect *that.* Something much more technologically oriented, of course. Also not sure why they felt the need to set it in the mid-2000's instead of modern day? To minimize the impact of cell phone cameras on paparazzi? Red herring? I dunno.

I'm OK with deviations on theme in general, so while the genre shift aspect of Demon 79 didn't bother me too much, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the rest. It felt like a story without a point to me, I guess. So she listened to her "inner demons," tried desperately but failed to complete their task and the world ended anyway? I'm not sure what the lesson is there. And I know not every story needs to have a lesson/moral, but it really felt like it was missing something. And I'm not sure what that was exactly. I did really like the lead actress and Paapa Essiedu (who apparently is not Donald Glover), but beyond that ... meh.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's a good assessment on all accounts. I'll admit that I had forgot about the overall theme and had mainly been viewing it as a collection of short stories. With that in mind, I agree that the last episode doesn't fit with the overall arc.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah this season seemed way less technology focused... which is much to its detriment. Episodes 1 and 3 were my favorites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag