Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yea

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For all you pups out there, Valoredge frame is definitely the way to go when gearing for it. It may have some resistance to piercing attacks because my Sharpshooter's damage was way below average (like 1k APs).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It does. My WSs are doing maybe as low as 50% of normal, I'd say.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I think there is a distance mod on dmg vs kermit
    Further you are away from it, lower dmg dealt... probably meant as a way to prevent sc/mb tactics. Only noticed the difference when more than 8' away from target.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It might have a bit of both but it's definitely different at close range too. I make my rng pet do the tanking so it's always up in front and with OD AS is capping out at a little over 4k little under 3k without OD and without OD smashing toads for roe getting a little under 7k. But other reports make it sound even worse farther away

Edit: so something really funny happened this time. Was 31' then with nothing in log not even dmg I clearly took insta wipe lol

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It might have a bit of both but it's definitely different at close range too. I make my rng pet do the tanking so it's always up in front and with OD AS is capping out at a little over 4k little under 3k without OD and without OD smashing toads for roe getting a little under 7k. But other reports make it sound even worse farther away

Edit: so something really funny happened this time. Was 31' then with nothing in log not even dmg I clearly took insta wipe lol
    Were you running or standing?
    If you were running, then the game triggered a 30' move, and you were 31' when it registered, but you still took the damage, but you cant see actions past 30'. If you were standing, then whatever it did has a range of over 30'

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was standing but I figured/tested it out. Being dealt dmg is 30' from the target but seeing dmg is 30 from the source. My auto just happened to be slightly closer to me at the moment

Side note. To anyone using autos if you hadn't thought of it already steam jacket is pretty boss

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So don't know if anyone noticed but they took skirmish stones off of ambuscade. Pretty sad.

Also if you all out with attachment for the magic dmg it's kind of silly even without using the mage frame/heads

Spoiler: show

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah I was able to solo on D with my 200jp pup pretty easily with mana jammers + steam jacket + 1hr. I assume a real pup could do VD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't forget analyzer. Also while it sounds weird using sharpshot head allows for more water slots while maintaining same amount of fire light and thunder as valoredge. Also makes the sp2 do mighty strikes instead for some reason lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I was using the whm head for water/light slots, I didn't think about the rng one, does that have less of a melee penalty? Mighty strikes on VE frame sounds nice thou.

Didn't try analyzer, but sounds OP if you can get it to just spam hammer, not sure about the ones I soloed, I was standing too far back to see log. Wasn't sure on the range of the AoE, and auto randomly lost hate sometimes despite me not doing anything that generates enmity at that point besides overdrive.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No it doesn't have any bonus to melee. Mainly did that over whm because you lose a lot of fire switching to mage heads so nice compromise. Also it's stylish.

Yeah in my runs I don't think I've actually seen it do anything but hammer though pretty sure it has once or twice since I did see some kaustras in a couple of fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5