1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Hope these new zones are still flight-enabled.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Hope these new zones are still flight-enabled.
    Yoshi just confirmed that they are.

PS3 just got shitcanned.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

RIP PS3

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Minimum Windows requirements are going up too. RIP 32-bit users.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Basically 32bit being supported, 64bit being "highly recommended", so if you're some kind of moran and still playing on 32bit it means you'll probably be crashing all the time in the new zones due to OOM errors

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Basically 32bit being supported, 64bit being "highly recommended", so if you're some kind of moran and still playing on 32bit it means you'll probably be crashing all the time in the new zones due to OOM errors
    The game hardly uses any RAM to start. I stick with DX9 which means 32-bit for me. DX11 chews more VRAM in comparison (courtesy of mandatory HDR and other stuff) which makes city stuff chug terribly on my aged card which otherwise runs the game at a solid 60fps.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't want to shit up this thread so i'll keep it short.

It's early but Stormblood already sounds like ARR and Heavensward with minor tweaks and a fresh coat of paint. Eureka sounds interesting but who knows if it's going to be available at launch or if it'll end up being a shitfest like diadem.

I'm worried.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the only part that caught my interest in all this is the part where they said relics will be done in Eureka not main game content, a.k.a. there's some chance it won't just be rehashing on all the old content ad nauseum this time around

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I don't want to shit up this thread so i'll keep it short.

It's early but Stormblood already sounds like ARR and Heavensward with minor tweaks and a fresh coat of paint. Eureka sounds interesting but who knows if it's going to be available at launch or if it'll end up being a shitfest like diadem.

I'm worried.
    Yoshi did confirm "the formula won't change" back at what...E3? Gamescom? So aside the people who find that to be not a problem, he was pretty clear that nothing significant will ever happen with XIV "for the near future." It all depends if this battlesystem revamp is actually a revamp and not "skillspeed/spellspeed will be significantly more important" type of revamp.

Always tomorrow's live letter to see if they actually go into detail on some stuff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yoshi did confirm "the formula won't change" back at what...E3? Gamescom? So aside the people who find that to be not a problem, he was pretty clear that nothing significant will ever happen with XIV "for the near future." It all depends if this battlesystem revamp is actually a revamp and not "skillspeed/spellspeed will be significantly more important" type of revamp.

Always tomorrow's live letter to see if they actually go into detail on some stuff.
    Yeah I ranted in the complaint thread and I read those interviews. It's not that I didn't see it coming i'm just disappointed that they're not breaking the mold.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Don't expect much more info out of this or the EU fanfests, Tokyo will be the place anything of value comes out just like last time. It'll be all ball tickling until then

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

since RDM is likely confirmed, does that mean the battle system changes might make it possible for pure support classes to be able to function? or rather the hybrid classes they had mentioned awhile back? With the current system they'd either be super OP or trash, but with a battle system overhaul then maybe? or is it likely they'd just make RDM a rune fencer type DPS that focuses on en-spells?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really doubt the battle system adjustments are anything grandiose. Honestly just expecting cross class skill revision and some stat weight balances.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the "only 2 jobs" thing confirmed or just a guess? Because that would suck given that we already know 2 jobs that are extremely likely (Samurai and Red Mage). Was really hoping for Dancer given that we're going to Ala Mhigo.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just a guess based on there being only 2 silhouettes on the new jobs title card, but it could've just been the 2 genders for RDM or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last time they revealed one job in each Fanfest so maybe it's just a couple different silhouettes for the same one and it'll be shown tomorrow.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    since RDM is likely confirmed, does that mean the battle system changes might make it possible for pure support classes to be able to function? or rather the hybrid classes they had mentioned awhile back? With the current system they'd either be super OP or trash, but with a battle system overhaul then maybe? or is it likely they'd just make RDM a rune fencer type DPS that focuses on en-spells?
    It'll be a melee DPS that uses magic.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It'll be a melee DPS that uses magic.
    So Dark Knight without the tanking ability.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Is the "only 2 jobs" thing confirmed or just a guess? Because that would suck given that we already know 2 jobs that are extremely likely (Samurai and Red Mage). Was really hoping for Dancer given that we're going to Ala Mhigo.
    2 is confirmed, but 3 "if it's ready in time" was the last actual word we got from him. In the end it might end up being like Rogue/Ninja being released after the fact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast