1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

>stream exclusive coverage
    >about 15-20 mins talking about on-the-floor minigames and challenges
    >"those of us here are going to have a lotta fun!"

o

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    So Dark Knight without the tanking ability.
    Yes, tanks that can't tank are usually referred to as DPS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It doesn't have to be "Dark Knight without tanking abilities". It could be a melee support job similar to Bards and Machinists or even have unique stuff to it like the cards on Astros. I'm just hoping these new jobs are more unique than the last 3 we got.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I was just pointing out the stupidity of comparing something to something else by saying "so it's x without the x."

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

they're showing some super 24man Ultima fight on stream atm that's available on the floor, looks really cool. looks like Proto Ultima in Azys Lla

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Part of the revamp could also be allowing current jobs to have a sub-role aka MNK can spec to have DNC like abilities. Personally, that isn't quite simple-stupid so it'd probably never happen.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

To me it sounded like they're doing the opposite of specialization. Like right now PLD gets fucked on cross-class abilities but the change will allow them to take DPS actions like WAR and DRK can.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, since 32 bit is going to be trouble, I had better save up for a new video card. I have been having crashes with DX11 even tho I have 64 bit op system. It hasn't been a priority since I had to get new glasses, but I'll ramp up getting a 900 series card soon as I can.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

GTX1060 is best unless you find a really good deal on a secondhand 900 series gpu. Very affordable pricepoint and on par with/better than the 970.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yoshi did confirm "the formula won't change" back at what...E3? Gamescom? So aside the people who find that to be not a problem, he was pretty clear that nothing significant will ever happen with XIV "for the near future."
    That's not quite what he said. He said that there wouldn't be long-term progression or deadly open-world areas on the level of FFXI. He did say that there would be more alliance content, deadly areas with difficult trash mobs (Deep Dungeon and Exploratory Missions), and new content categories.

I know that many of you don't put too much weight on what they say, and even when these things are implemented you might not like them, but they did talk about some interesting changes and additions:

• Dungeons: "A lot of new battle and dungeon concepts to increase the excitement." In a previous interview I remember them talking about certain Deep Dungeon mechanics (randomization, etc.) as something they wanted to learn from.
    • Raids: "One of the ideas: during the even patches we'll get difficult content, but what about something even more difficult in the odd patches?"
    • Eureka: dedicated endgame area featuring an "expanded form of exploration" and Notorious Monsters (some on 72-hour timers), used for relic weapon questline
    • Ozma Savage: "If we were to make an Ozma battle Savage version we might go back to this idea..." Video shown of new Ozma shape mechanic. "If we're really going to make a Savage version, this has gotta go in it. The difficulty level will be pretty high. I don't want you complaining 'Oh, it's too hard!'" Given we've also seen Proto-Ultima as a 24-man trial, I think we might see this as a new content category.

We also know that...

• A new Deep Dungeon will be in 4.0
    • Exploratory Missions will be revamped in 3.5 and they've wanted to continue these as well in 4.0. They pointed out that Eureka is something separate from Exploratory Missions.

I know many here want a different type of progression entirely, so this probably won't satisfy you, but it's still new stuff.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For a second there i didnt recognize Derplander with those abs looking like they were chiseled from pure marble.

Is that woman supposed to be Yda? Considering all the other Scions have had some costume changes and this is sorta Yda's story.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Using Eureka for the relic questline is a great idea given what was there in FFIII but I hope we won't be forced to camp 72h respawns again. That's the kind of thing I don't want back from XI and I can already see how badly it'd end up in here (see Hunts).
    So basically with Stormblood we should have all the content we've seen introduced in HW+ 24 man "savage" bosses, Eureka and new raids in the odd patches?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Part of the revamp could also be allowing current jobs to have a sub-role aka MNK can spec to have DNC like abilities. Personally, that isn't quite simple-stupid so it'd probably never happen.
    This has always been my secret wish for the game. Give every class a SCH/SMN-like second job stone instead of adding new class/jobs entirely. Making the HW batch completely class-less killed that hope, though. They seem committed to ditching the cross-class system as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Is that woman supposed to be Yda? Considering all the other Scions have had some costume changes and this is sorta Yda's story.
    Probably not Yda, no neck tatoo.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Payed for stream

Sees 3.4 trailer after arriving home from work

WTFFFFFFF

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Amano's cover is incredible.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hmm the blonde chick in the trailer doesn't have the Sharlayan neck tattoo. Might not be Yda.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Could be Yda's sister

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Could be Yda's sister
    Or that but I guess the neckpiece could be hiding it. I'm still pretty sure it's her.

Also these fanfest questions are killing me.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Who's the dipstick that asked about an NX version?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wow there was only 1-2 questions worth asking out of this entire segment. What the fuck is wrong with people?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast