1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

When you have Yda standing out in the day around the CS from last patch you can turn the camera so that you get a glimpse of the face behind the mask from underneath, it looks a fair bit like blue eyes and all that jazz.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    wait a sec. i thought yda's sister (spoiler ahead)

Spoiler: show
    was revealed to be livia, the white armored bitch that was gaius' lover? didn't yda even aknowledge that you killed her sister who was twisted by the garleans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Livia? Because her sister is Lucia (Aymerics knight)
    Where/when did this happen?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

aboard an airship with Lucia, when she divulged that she was Garlean, she also mentioned Livia was her sister

Eda has nothing to do with any of that

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    When you have Yda standing out in the day around the CS from last patch you can turn the camera so that you get a glimpse of the face behind the mask from underneath, it looks a fair bit like blue eyes and all that jazz.
    Wouldn't put a lot of faith in what she looks like under the mask. Could just be a generic Hyur because they have no reason to make a special face model for someone wearing a mask.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh c'mon lol. Why would they put a generic Hyur face in this cutscene?

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yda's current face, thanks to .dat mining awhile back of someone on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ame_as/d6xj8k9

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post

Oh c'mon lol. Why would they put a generic Hyur face in this cutscene?
    I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm saying you definitely shouldn't assume one or the other because I guarantee the models they use in cutscenes are not the ones you see standing around in-game, as illustrated by several of the funnier ones where someone's eyes (usually lalafel) are popping out of their head. The dat mined Yda's eyes don't even look like the same shape/style as Yda's in the 2.55 cutscene.

My argument is simply that you're comparing a face in a pre-rendered teaser trailer to a face we've never actually been intentionally shown in-game. That's a flimsy foundation for speculation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm saying you definitely shouldn't assume one or the other because I guarantee the models they use in cutscenes are not the ones you see standing around in-game, as illustrated by several of the funnier ones where someone's eyes (usually lalafel) are popping out of their head. The dat mined Yda's eyes don't even look like the same shape/style as Yda's in the 2.55 cutscene.

My argument is simply that you're comparing a face in a pre-rendered teaser trailer to a face we've never actually been intentionally shown in-game. That's a flimsy foundation for speculation.
    It is intentionally shown in that cutscene and that's in-game! How can you possibly deny the similarities between the two? Why the hell is a data mined face more relevant to this discussion than a cutscene where they intentionally teased her face? I'm comparing the only time we've had the chance to look at Yda behind the mask to this "new" character and they are incredibly similar. One being CG makes it less clear obviously.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Technically you could always look at Yda's face if you know how to angle it at certain times she's in the overworld. Considering yoshida said we'll meet said chick in 3.5 story and Yda is supposed to be returning about then in the story it would make sense if they are the same, but that's largely why I hate teasers for XIV because trying to "avoid spoilers" then tossing out stuff that could potentially be a spoiler just confuses things lol.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It is intentionally shown in that cutscene and that's in-game! How can you possibly deny the similarities between the two? Why the hell is a data mined face more relevant to this discussion than a cutscene where they intentionally teased her face? I'm comparing the only time we've had the chance to look at Yda behind the mask to this "new" character and they are incredibly similar. One being CG makes it less clear obviously.
    If blonde hair and one blue eye are all it takes for you to call them incredibly similar I don't know else what to say.

Thing is, the side people saying it's not her have little more to go on other than saying it isn't, no tattoo, or timing possibly not lining up. The last two can easily be waved away by story shenanigans/flashbacks. SE kinda has a bad habit of making the obvious choice in situations like this, though, so at this point we're really just a bunch of nerds trying to puff our chests claiming who's righterer.

At this point, I'm more inclined to say it either is her or a relative. Of all the visual alternatives SE could've run with, they chose these either to implicitly stir controversy or be totally lame--sorta like how we guessed what Shiva was. People further seeing dancer instead of monk might also be a bit too desperate hoping for something that isn't there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not to mention the MNK skills. Then add in how different the WoL looks in this trailer compared to the last ones and you can easily bet this is Yda.

Not to mention we need a way to get into the Ala Mhigan ranks and somehow I think the 'I'm the warrior of light' role doesn't work very well in the beginning of expansions. We need our inside man/woman.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Recap

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    If blonde hair and one blue eye are all it takes for you to call them incredibly similar I don't know else what to say.
    White people are all the same, man. Come on.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Recap
    SE censoring the people wearing BG gear like always! I think Sonomaa gave around 30 free BG hats this time.

Also considering the hundreds of photos that got taken of the BG Poutine crew by the fans and SE staff I'm still surprised that this is the only one that surfaced on the interwebs:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My wife got all the cool stuff. I just got a hat and a silly emote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8