1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When I was young I loved the shit out of FFTA but hated FFT.

Now I just dislike them both. (I felt like i needed to vent this somewhere)

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

there are people who hate FFT?

I did not know that was even a thing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Now I just dislike them both. (I felt like i needed to vent this somewhere)
    Fiye confirmed for terrible person.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have shit tastes, shit opinions, and am just an all around awful person.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I can understand not liking FFT but liking FFTA. FFT has a much steeper learning curve, and the translation didn't really make sense the first time around. It was a very intricate political storyline (especially for a kid who's just trying to play a fun game) and it could be pretty confusing. FFTA and A2 really made it more accessible and easier. Less of a complicated storyline, more cute characters, everything got much clearer.

But then not liking both of them, idk man.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The thing that boggled me more was enjoying the Judge system from FFTA over the base FFT system. I don't like the 4x strategy games as a whole going across FFT, TA, and Tactics Ogre.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    You didn't save your game for 10 hours so the entire world is dumb?

ok
    I lol'd. No memory card FFVII/FFT days was the real fucking struggle in 1997.

Can't cover for this however. Either he's playing PSX version in so far that he couldn't buy a now 2~10 dollar memory card, or he's playing handheld version and simply forgot to save.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought it was common knowledge that FFT taught us young kids the power of saving often/multiple save files. Riovannes Castle was a mother fucker, let me tell you.

i learned my lesson after the second or third red chocobo/soulflayer party random encounter.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh yeah, when I *did* get a saving card, I'd save like a motherfucker, usually multiple files too. But having those games rented (stolen from Blockbuster lul) or borrowed from friends created that struggle. I remember putting books or a towel just right over my PSX so my old lady wouldn't see the light on while I was at school or at a friend's house. Or leaving that shit on all night. Things like that.

I've beaten both games without saving once at all and know a few friends who did the same. Real heart racing shit, lol

Also fuck red chocobos, ha.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Was that a thing? I just remember mailing in for my "birth certificate" in the 1.0 CE.

So I won't be surprised if it's the same 1.0 maps, but maybe they've redone them since then but A LOT of people didn't get the map or passage certificate.

@Return to Ivalice - Just look at Crystal Tower and Void Ark and you have an idea exactly how the content will be. They hyped up Void Ark pretty well and we even seen it in the overworld, but at the end of the day, it was still a reskinnned Crystal Tower. Though with guest designers, maybe, maybe it'll be an interesting series, but most likely be more of a fan service dump with items designed after Ivalice even more so. I wouldn't mind it, but considering Alliance raid content tends to be "hold over" in itemization and rarely something you'd actually use on a main job, unless 4.x changes significantly, we might see more ivalice themed items in the leveling dungeon. It's already pretty much accepted XIV's world is the same/connected to the previous FF worlds in some way, even if they try to change the storyline, it's definitely a 'portal' world.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

I dislike Ivalice and any call back to it. I dislike most games that take place in the Ivalice realm as they are generally boring and constantly have a brown filter all over the artwork. It always came off as a very bland, lifeless world. I didn't really care for the politics, story, or characters. I got into FFTA(the one with banga/viera\moogle units) more since it was a bit more eye pleasing, but I just lost interest somewhere half through and never finished.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    @Return to Ivalice - Just look at Crystal Tower and Void Ark and you have an idea exactly how the content will be. They hyped up Void Ark pretty well and we even seen it in the overworld, but at the end of the day, it was still a reskinnned Crystal Tower. Though with guest designers, maybe, maybe it'll be an interesting series, but most likely be more of a fan service dump with items designed after Ivalice even more so. I wouldn't mind it, but considering Alliance raid content tends to be "hold over" in itemization and rarely something you'd actually use on a main job, unless 4.x changes significantly, we might see more ivalice themed items in the leveling dungeon. It's already pretty much accepted XIV's world is the same/connected to the previous FF worlds in some way, even if they try to change the storyline, it's definitely a 'portal' world.
    I'm not expecting much to be honest from the Return to Ivalice content. Putting it as a 24-man already gives it the "I really don't wanna do this again" feel I get from the current 24-man. I don't expect them to stray at all from how current content is done so the whole guest designer aspect is probably just lip service to build some hype. Especially after being let down with how Diadem was implemented though if the new Diadem actually feels fresh, it might be a step in the right direction.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I hate the battle system of Tactics.

Come at me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What does that mean in Canada-speak? Let's hug?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

All I want from the 24mans is variable size when queueing like Diadem

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I lol'd. No memory card FFVII/FFT days was the real fucking struggle in 1997.

Can't cover for this however. Either he's playing PSX version in so far that he couldn't buy a now 2~10 dollar memory card, or he's playing handheld version and simply forgot to save.

I had a memory card but you forget how faceroll easy FFT is and there's no reason to save. Also i was 11 years old so i wasn't thinking ahead. In FFT you dont expect to get into a random battle with 8 Lv99 fucking Calculators. Usually a chocobo and some black goblins or some shit, so I didn't expect to get rocked in a 1 hour battle of Level 3 Raise 2's or Height 3 Flares that annihilated me. I didnt save because I was grinding JP, and I already had all the Deep Dungeon gear. But those 10 hours of JP grinding I would never get back. I had already taught everyoe Blade Grasp and I was trying to teach everyone Teleport too so they were all unarmed Level 2 Time Mages with no spells learned (to conserve JP)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I'm not expecting much to be honest from the Return to Ivalice content. Putting it as a 24-man already gives it the "I really don't wanna do this again" feel I get from the current 24-man. I don't expect them to stray at all from how current content is done so the whole guest designer aspect is probably just lip service to build some hype. Especially after being let down with how Diadem was implemented though if the new Diadem actually feels fresh, it might be a step in the right direction.
    Yeah..it's kind of sad with this game you can be excited but at the same time, not because yoshida refuses to have the players want to improve themselves or dare I say..challenge people, but casuals will cry and SE lose money, so stick to what works.

@Memcard

See..I grew up with games like Ys and such so I already had "best fucking save every time you can" ingrained in my mind long before I touched FF games lol. They weren't hard, but depending on how you played you can go from facerolling one section to getting curb stomped in a heart beat.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I hate the battle system of Tactics.

Come at me
    you hate what is possibly the most well-loved and consistently lauded battle system in any one single RPG in the history of gaming... I don't really have to add to that.

different strokes, though. I hate Halo. we all have our preferences.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

you hate what is possibly the most well-loved and consistently lauded battle system in any one single RPG in the history of gaming... I don't really have to add to that.

different strokes, though. I hate Halo. we all have our preferences.