1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Just wanna toss this out there, the Frankfurt fanfest is less then a week away.
    Yep, last chance for SE to explain why SB is far more expensive than HW and offering less, unless they do have a 3rd job layin in wait. Time to see the remaining info about the actual 4.0 launch.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Went in doubt if an mmo you play is not at the quality to keep your sub you have three options. Quit. Go play something else and throw your salt so you can find your way back in 6 months. Make your own perfect video game and pay yourself a monthly fee to play it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Elmdor...
    This was hard as a kid before I knew game mechanics. I eventually ran out of Phoenix Downs because Muramasa had a 10% chance to inflict Death Sentence and over a 4 hour attempt to steal his shit, I would run dry and units started crystalizing. Then I learned about GameFaqs and read that Steal is a Brave check. Went to fight Elmdor again and brought Beowulf and spammed Chicken until Elmdor's Brave was 0 and suddenly my % to steal Masamune went from 3% to 68%. So satisfying. Then in WoL they gave him innate Maintenance so his shit couldn't be jacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    why SB is far more expensive than HW
    Still haven't seen any proof at all of this.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think they're referencing the cost increase for the limited edition. Heavensward was $129.99 Stormblood is $199.99. These are the only numbers people see when they look at the price of the expansion, will those people buy the limited edition? Most likely not but they like to get steamed up about it for whatever reason. SJW-syndrome.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

no one really pays $130 or $200 for a box full of garbage, right?

I have a hard time paying $33 on gmg for this shit on sale

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    no one really pays $130 or $200 for a box full of garbage, right?

I have a hard time paying $33 on gmg for this shit on sale
    I'll buy digital CE for the mount >_> The only time I will cave to spending more for something I don't need ingame is if I'm buying an expansion. But I'd never spend $199 for a box full of garbage.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Somehow doubt they're referencing the price you pay for access to the expansion and moreso referencing the cost of development which can be cited from yoshida's very mouth as costing far more than HW.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'm still waffling on digital CE lol, I can't imagine people paying $200 for this

well, no, I think about some of the people in my FC and yeah I can absolutely imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Somehow doubt they're referencing the price you pay for access to the expansion and moreso referencing the cost of development which can be cited from yoshida's very mouth as costing far more than HW.
    Source? No one has ever had a direct quote on this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dropped $200 on the box CE. The statue looks pretty legit and the last two statues were pretty good looking. Probably will end up putting the map in a frame and hung where my FFXIV stuff will be at.

I need to get some more display cases for all my stuff though.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There is no direct quote on the cost of the expansion afaik, only speculation on some $35 million that is being allocated to a project that we don't know what it is and everyone assumes its for stormblood because they want to hope I guess.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There was never a direct price quoted, however I very distinctly remember Yoshida being a smug shiteating fuck about Stormblood costing more to develop than Heavensward and how that would mean it's going to be better.

Do you have a source on that? I don't remember him talking about budget at all. I went to LV fanfest and attended all the panels.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    This was hard as a kid before I knew game mechanics. I eventually ran out of Phoenix Downs because Muramasa had a 10% chance to inflict Death Sentence and over a 4 hour attempt to steal his shit, I would run dry and units started crystalizing. Then I learned about GameFaqs and read that Steal is a Brave check. Went to fight Elmdor again and brought Beowulf and spammed Chicken until Elmdor's Brave was 0 and suddenly my % to steal Masamune went from 3% to 68%. So satisfying. Then in WoL they gave him innate Maintenance so his shit couldn't be jacked.
    That innate maintenance was bullshit, IMO, but whatever.

Man, I'm thirsting for stormblood info. SE needs to hurry and say something. Gotta keep some kind of hype going.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's gonna be plenty of hype in between creator farms once frankfurt and 3.55 part 2 kick drop us.

Spoiler: show
    I mean we haven't even seen Yda's response/meltdown after papalymo sacrificed him

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I bought the stream. Not going this time. I'll be up to watch it and take notes.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    That innate maintenance was bullshit, IMO, but whatever.

Man, I'm thirsting for stormblood info. SE needs to hurry and say something. Gotta keep some kind of hype going.
    SAM will be a DPS, there are 3 of every class that will fill their niche role but for the STR roles, we only have 2 of those - assuming with the high probability that RDM will be INT and not some shitty experimental INT/STR hybrid like tanks VIT/STR shit.

Delirum will be adjusted to have slashing debuff.
    SCH in cleric stance will not have access to bio 2, miasma or bio
    Crit adlo will no longer give a double potency shield
    Tank defensive CDs will be given additional benefits such as enhance enmity upon use.
    Featherfoot will act as a cross class enmity suppression
    Sword Oath will increase TP regeneration
    Gause Barrel & Minuet will have reduced cast timers
    BLM will continue to be just about reminding you to turn off other player effects
    Pixie glamours to hide from the pixie heal potency not scaling.
    Medica 3 - reduces enmity generation by all heals while affect is on players, has a 20potecy regen attached to it.
    Crit will be adjusted to reduce its weight
    Accuracy will have a 5% chance of allowing you to exploit an enemies weakness once you go over the accuracy cap - Attack the weak point for massive damage
    Parry will now mitigate 100% of all damage
    Raw Intuation changed from 100% parry rate to a 15% increase chance, being crit from behind dropped.
    Awareness cooldown reduced to 20s, now just yells at you when things are happening in the raid/dungeon and why you are garbage for getting vuln stacks
    SAM wont have any combo order but will have skill chains that allow casters to burst off of, doesn't stack with foe
    Chaining skill chains will be how SAM maintains its DPS
    Berserk cooldown increased to 2 minutes
    Add-ons still coming please wait until 4.1 for further announcement.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

iLol'd at work. Good job, sir.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Oh, job ability predictions...

WHM
    Afflatus Misery - Job trait - Increases potency of next damaging spell based on stacks built from Healed damage greater than 15% of max HP. Stacks build to 5, each stack adds 20%. Job Materia - Increases potency by 25/28/30%
    Afflatus Solace - Job trait - Direct Heals add stacking stoneskin for single target heals up to 30% of max HP. Stacks with stoneskin/Adlo/Noct. Job materia - Increases stoneskin effect of Afflatus Solace to 35/38/40%,
    Divine Retribution - Job trait - Doubles the effect of Afflatus Misery while under the effect of Divine Seal. HP threshold reduced to 10%, Stacks built increase 1. Job Materia - Decreases threshold by 2/4/6%
    Cleric's stance - Cooldown changed. Now on CD when effect is removed.

Job Materia - available through purchase with raid tokens. Effect is based off of raid tier, Example for stoneskin effect Story 35%, Expert 38%, Savage 40%.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.