1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Hey guys Tier VI to counteract the decrease in secondary weighting because of ilv bloat.

Yep VI and maybe even VII will be necessary depending on how big the bloat is.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Yep VI and maybe even VII will be necessary depending on how big the bloat is.
    They did say ilvl will have huge leaps every expansion, so won't be surprised if the jump is 290/295 or even higher for 70 in 4.0 so..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Incoming run away stat inflation followed by a stat crunch in ten years.

Top end gear (not weap) from 2.0 was what, 130? Top end for 3.0 is 270, so +140. What was top end from 1.0? 70, 90?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Even just hitting the cap at level 60 when the expansion came out the ilvl jumped up to about 170 or 180 or so for top end gear. So that's a 50 ilvl jump before any additional patches. I wouldn't be surprised if we were hitting around 320 for the first few sets of 'endgame' gear before 4.2 (it's always the even numbered patches that introduce the new tier for gear right?)

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post

Top end gear (not weap) from 2.0 was what, 130? Top end for 3.0 is 270, so +140. What was top end from 1.0? 70, 90?
    1.0 didn't use item levels.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia View Post

Well just Max HP went up about 350% from 2.5 to 3.5. Same again and you'll have tanks with well over 100k by 4.4.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    1.0 didn't use item levels.
    High end 1.0 items got converted into ilvl pieces, so while 1.x itself didn't use ilvls, the gear ended up converting into it, e.g DL which was one of the tomestone sets, then the mythic set (aka AF/AF2)..i THINK most 1.x stuff was ilvl 55-70 and I think the Binding Coil shit was around 80-90s since I do remember them boosting ilvls of the weapons at least but not sure if they did on armor.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought the only i80 piece in 2.0 was the Relic weapon. i90 gear could be directly purchase using the weekly tomestones.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

relic could go to i90 and there was a whole bitch fit that relics were same strength as the raid weapons and that's why we got x5 on raid and x0 on relic.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Considering how much effort and time a relic takes to make when it is relevant, I don't see why it shouldn't equal the raid weapon anyway. If they're going to make me waste time spamming 100 dungeons for light or collect enough beastman tokens to make me barf - arguably tasks that takes as long or longer than clearing a raid (especially on the current difficulty of the raids) - why not just make them equal? Sure the casual who's making the weapon isn't going to really NEED those ilvls for anything with the way content is made right now, but the whole point of the itemization in the game is to make people play to acquire something they're only gonna use for a limited amount of time anyway so who cares. Just make the carrot on the end of that stick juicier.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Outside of 300ms updates making Titan HM not dodge-on-reaction for most folks, the relic +1 was a joke to make in 2.0 compared to downing Twintania.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Twintania's twisters was also kind of busted when it first came out.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I can't ever get behind the idea of making relics equal to raid weapons at release of the raid, down the line sure but not day one release. Why do the final raid encounter other than for the body piece IF it is good then? Relic throws a lot of possible issues with the game rather than fixing them, if they seriously go forward with making relic armor then what point is the raid?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I can't ever get behind the idea of making relics equal to raid weapons at release of the raid, down the line sure but not day one release. Why do the final raid encounter other than for the body piece IF it is good then? Relic throws a lot of possible issues with the game rather than fixing them, if they seriously go forward with making relic armor then what point is the raid?
    A lot of casuals want to strut around in Idyllshire/Mor Dhona with the highest possible level gear with absolutely no work put in on their behalf. Seeing people around now with i275 weapons, i270 gear and no absolutely no A9S experience is pretty disgusting.

I don't even like the idea of relic ever being the same level as raid gear because it invalidates the last bosses of these raids in the first place. I mean that's the entire point of using these weapons in the first place -- to get a [DPS] edge in the the hardest content to obtain even better gear.

Yoshi-P babies the absolute shit out of the casual folk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

New higher tier material is a given. Don't know why you would think otherwise

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post

Yoshi-P babies the absolute shit out of the casual folk.
    Yep, cos there are a lot more of us casual folk than raiders

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

might as well scrap the raid content and just make slightly harder dungeons that reward slightly better gear. Oh wait that's what raiding in this game essentially is when you're not instantly spawning into a circle that has your objective in it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I, for one, really don't miss trash. I'd rather do mob gauntlets than wind through tunnels of trash to each boss. T4's elevator of Rotoswipe doom was pretty cool. Kill shit on time or prepare to be overwhelmed by bad things. Felt good.

Well, the rotoswipes didn't. Not to a pre-patch War anyway. Fucking hell.

That's why they have an adds phase in every single encounter lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Yep, cos there are a lot more of us casual folk than raiders
    While true..you'd think casual players would want content with some difficulty..because every community I go to the definition of casual changes.

Zam: "I have no time to play this game, so I need to be spoonfed gear and can be hit by every mechanic and still succeed in content, also anyone that raids doesn't belong in this game."
    OF: "Casual players are people who don't do content as it's released and doesn't touch raid content but still deserves the max ilvl gear."
    Reddit: "pantsonhead*"

So who knows what casual means when it comes to XIV :D