1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have never played FFIII so I googled Eureka:

The Forbidden Land, Eureka is an optional dungeon in the game Final Fantasy III which contains some of the best equipment in the game. A gateway to it can be found at the bottom floor of the Crystal Tower, but the Eureka Key is required. Doga and Unei unlock the Eureka Key, and give it to the Warriors of the Light, granting them access to Eureka, knowing they need better equipment to fight Xande.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Yeah. Relic weapons, crafted gear and weapons, the Diadem gear, and PotD weapons have all been things that let you bypass lockouts. Since they've talked about wanting to add even more difficult content in odd-numbered patches and given the time it takes to upgrade a relic item they might continue to add more things outside of lockouts. Even if it takes a place similar to Doman/Asuran armor at launch and then is expanded upon in odd-numbered patches, it's still something new to do in the open world.
    True, but like Alkar said, they are a patch later and therefore are "behind" the ilvl cycle. PotD the same. Diadem was good at first I thought? Until SE raped the zone?

I am all for more non-weekly gated content, but I am not holding my breath for it that it will be actually useful besides "mediocre patch later" gear.

I also don't like they still want to do the harder raid on even patches and move normal to uneven (?!) Setting themselves up that the whole shit is basically a "catch up" again on uneven patches instead of new content that is harder than the last patch. The whole thing is freakin backwards to me and makes the uneven patches pretty damn useless for the "hardcores".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Given the super casual catering of this game, I'm predicting open world HNMs are just S rank hunts with slightly harder mechanics and more direct drops
    > Super Casual Catering
    > Slightly Harder Mechanics

Pick one. I'll give you a hint - it won't be the second one.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

slightly harder mechanics could eange from piss easy to super hard, depending how hard previous S rank mechanics were!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS3 to PS4 Upgrade Details
    Available until December 31, 2017
    14 free days sub included with upgrade (if you have an inactive sub)

(New Caps & Art in the Spoiler)
    Spoiler: show

• Purchase of the PlayStation4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation3 version.
    • Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
    • Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    • All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation4 version.
    • Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation3 and PlayStation4 until service for the PlayStation3 is discontinued must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation4.
    • The upgrade campaign is scheduled to begin on October 17, 2016 and end on December 31, 2017.
    • Users who purchased the PlayStation3 Collector’s Edition will be upgraded to the PlayStation4 Collector’s Edition automatically.
    • Users who registered FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward to their service account are not required to register a second copy when upgrading to the PlayStation4 version.
    • The fourteen days of free play granted by this campaign are only valid in the event your service account is expired at the time of upgrade. Please be advised that this promotion cannot be used to extend the duration of free play periods granted by other campaigns.

Important Reminders

• Please take care when confirming the service account to be upgraded to the PlayStation4 version, as this process cannot be undone once complete.
    • When the upgrade process is complete, you will be issued a promotionproduct code to download the PlayStation4 version. To register this code, you must sign in on the PlayStation4 with the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account you used to play on the PlayStation3. Registering with a new or different SEN account will prevent access to the game from the original SEN account. This may also result in complications when purchasing other products related to FINAL FANTASY XIV on the PlayStationStore.
    • Users will not receive an additional 30-day trial period by upgrading to the PlayStation4 version.
    • Users who possess multiple service accounts registered to the PlayStation3 version must complete the upgrade process for each service account individually.
    http://sqex.to/Msp

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There is a new level cap of 70 (for all classes). More actions for each job to go with the new cap. A revamped battle system will accompany the new actions.
    Oops. Get ready for more buttons!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    slightly harder mechanics could eange from piss easy to super hard, depending how hard previous S rank mechanics were!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    What previous S rank mechanics? Seriously, dodge AOE's, looking away, stop attacking. There's not really any difficulty at all to the old s ranks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    What previous S rank mechanics? Seriously, dodge AOE's, looking away, stop attacking. There's not really any difficulty at all to the old s ranks.
    The difficulty was mostly in getting the entire server population on the same page. It's not hard for an individual, but some of those mechanics were tough for the crowd. And S ranks were designed to need a crowd to take down (after inflating their HP to a certain point anyway). Pale Rider and KB definitely being the worst of those... they were the best for getting closer to the rez achievements though ;D

Honestly I wouldn't mind more anima/zodiac items IF there was new content associated with upgrading them. One of the major things that drove me to quit in the first place was the pointlessness and laziness on part of the devs of the new zodiac weapons. The fact that they were not designed to be the best weapons in the game despite the time and effort put in, added to the fact that the devs couldn't put a SINGLE fucking new dungeon/idea/whatever in for the questline, really highlighted and encompassed everything that is wrong with XIV right now. Anti-climactic quests/missions, lazy implementation and content recycling, fucking huge itemization and inventory space issues.

I truly hope they fix most of these glaring problems come 4.0, and if they do decide to do more "ultimate" item quests that they actually let them be "ultimate" items and not something that plays second fiddle to raid of the month. The dichotomy between the two just doesn't work - of course raiders need strong items and rewards for their efforts, but I feel like the zodiac weapons were falsely advertised and they need a new spin or something.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Highest anima is i240 which I saw today and just thought "well it would be 'too easy' to obtain AND be stronger than the raid weapons(i260?)". I don't think he's going to change that, but he did come off like they were the best of the best.

Edit: The way I see it, they are for those players who can't get in statics and go for the much stronger stuff.

I'm honestly not going to have high expectations this time. Learned my lesson well from 3.0. Remember making the 50+ mobs harder meant bloating their HP to ridiculous levels, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We're getting new anima quests soon. The wait used to be much longer but now it's 1 month after the patch. Won't go up to 260 right away but it's gonna be competitive enough for clears.
    Last time they even released Anima weapons as strong as upgraded tomestone weapons before you could even get those from weekly caps.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

might try this if they allow u to skip MSQ

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    might try this if they allow u to skip MSQ
    Depends if they go along with their skip potion idea - a large, very large portion of the playerbase (especially NA) opposed the idea of MSQ skipping and "level boost" despite the Chinese (and I think Korean?) version has something similar.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

As been stated before, it makes a lot more sense/is borderline necessary in the Chinese version. Wasting hours upon hours upon hours of tedious filler-story when you're paying by the hour is pretty unappealing.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Oops. Get ready for more buttons!
    The battle system is supposed to be redesigned to reduce the tsunami of buttons, as well refocus the game away from staring at CD rotation while trying to dodge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not to mention they're tweak the x-class system to incorporate roles rather than classes. I'd be amazed if they pulled something along the lines of picking a role. Getting class/job specific abilities at 15/30, and then going into job abilities at 30+.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of cross-class entirely.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see them leave classes alone and restrict their new rebalancing to the jobs. Since they have no intention of making classes useful for anything, at least let them remain as nostalgia.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of cross-class entirely.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see them leave classes alone and restrict their new rebalancing to the jobs. Since they have no intention of making classes useful for anything, at least let them remain as nostalgia.
    in a perfect world this game would be FFXI HD super polished version, sadly its not :/ (i can live with that)

New Merits
    BG Level

^ They'd have to totally change the combat system to even come close to that and re-capturing the audience they drove away from both their MMOs.

FFXIV 2.0 combat did away with the need for thought as well as classic FF mechanics (like elemental weaknesses - remember that?) in favour of memorised button-mashing. It also required players to constantly have both hands tied up for this dull-ass combat so that communication with other players in the game became hugely inconvenient. In effect failing the social and the game-play requirements of the game.

I'd love to see FFXIV turn into the game it could have been but at this point it'd require a complete tear-down of the fighting system and player itemisation. 1.0 was a very very rough diamond. Too rough. 2.0+ has been the most gleaming, sparking, mirror-like turd. The graphics... the art.. is amazing, but is covering an appallingly designed game.

So, I hope they are really chopping into those game mechanics.

If I sound salty it's because they lured players away from XI by making the content release schedule agonisingly slow when XIV 1.0 came out and by the time they got around to proving there is no hope for 2.0+ being anything beyond a daily/weekly/patchly number grinder SE had burnt FFXI down in our absence.

So for the FF MMO orphans, I hope to see huge changes to the combat (even though I know it's unlikely).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

not saying you're entirely wrong, but can we really say that memorized button-mashing required any less thought than something like targeting an elemental weakness? Both become second nature almost immediately, one just requires an additional step

New Merits
    BG Level

Haha, you're not wrong, but the example is more symptomatic of their approach to the game-play. Both the physical and magical attacks as a whole in the game have been underwhelming. All whilst having screen-filling unnecessary flashy effects. Characters going super-saiyan to apply the equivalent of Dia. The epitome of style over substance.

I may be being ranty - but for many of my friends FFXIV has been one of the biggest let-downs in gaming. It's not as if playing the SE MMOs has been cheap in the long-run. If you've been picking up the games and expansions as they come whilst laying down your monthly fee they are likely to have been among the most expensive games.

And it's not as if there isn't much in XIV that has merit... it's beautiful... but it's like having a 2-stroke lawn-mower engine in the shell of a super-car. The actual game-play all the art and lore is draped over really blows.

The combat not only sucks but its design also makes the communication suck... which means the community-building sucks... which means as a MMO... it has significant issues.

Edit: This is deffo looking ranty... but at least they are tentatively suggesting they might be altering the combat which is one of the game's core flaws. I don't want to even get started on end-game progression / itemisation... Reeeeeee!!!!