1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I, for one, really don't miss trash. I'd rather do mob gauntlets than wind through tunnels of trash to each boss. T4's elevator of Rotoswipe doom was pretty cool. Kill shit on time or prepare to be overwhelmed by bad things. Felt good.

Well, the rotoswipes didn't. Not to a pre-patch War anyway. Fucking hell.
    The days of double PLD bay bee

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The days of double PLD bay bee
    We used to try every goddamn strat imaginable to try to survive those hits. It was a literal sphincter clench every goddamn time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    A lot of casuals want to strut around in Idyllshire/Mor Dhona with the highest possible level gear with absolutely no work put in on their behalf.
    Saying that making a relic is "absolutely no work" is kind of ridiculous.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let me tell you about relics and the shit you have to do >.>...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Most raiders are actually casual players.

The issue is that FFXIV is largely populated by lazy entitled players - not that it is largely populated by casual players.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Sorry to say, but 3.X relic doesn't really require anything remotely difficult. It's a time sink -- a worthwhile one, however.

There's nothing really difficult in obtaining them, especially now with all of the nerfs SE gave to the entire quest line. With that said, I would have been perfectly fine seeing the quest line stop at i270, as to not partially invalidate the i275 raid drops.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I really hope going from Japanese > Korean > English is mangled some of those details because otherwise

For tanks, they plan to do something (no specifics) about WAR OT.
    ...does not inspire confidence that anything is going to change. Of all the fucking things to look at, THAT'S what they identified as the major problem?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sorry to say, but 3.X relic doesn't really require anything remotely difficult. It's a time sink -- a worthwhile one, however.

There's nothing really difficult in obtaining them, especially now with all of the nerfs SE gave to the entire quest line. With that said, I would have been perfectly fine seeing the quest line stop at i270, as to not partially invalidate the i275 raid drops.
    I think right now is about the right time for the i275 step to come out. (esp with Ultima accessories) Creator raid should be getting 100% unlocked soon. And then they'll start adding echo so NEST can clear it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Literally everything in the game is a time sink, with varying degrees of worth. The game exists to waste time.
    And from what I hear raiders saying lately, the raid isn't all that difficult either. Probably takes less time overall to clear for a weapon too, than building a relic (moreso when relic was at a stage when the quests were not nerfed). Guess it depends how lucky/efficient you are.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Does not equal "Absolutely no work".

/filthycasual

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

FFXIV isn't the game I wanted it to be but I kinda accept that now. Raiding isn't an option for me because no one around me is interested. Frankly it doesn't seem worth the stress of recruiting and managing a static either. The relics are time consuming but not hard. I don't need the top tier gear for what I'm doing in game but try to keep up on a couple of classes so I can do things like the extremes easily. I dunno, in this game the kudos comes from getting to the top faster but you don't stay up there alone very long. The gap narrows constantly. Unlike xi where raiding and top tier content enabled you to push even further ahead of other players and stay ahead.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

All I can think of is how in FFXI you needed a literal linkshell of people back in the day dedicated to helping -one- person get their relic, only to have that relic person quit the game in two weeks after word, leaving everyone else in the dust.

I mean, yeah the anima weapon might be better than the i275 savage weap... but only after like, several months. Plus the fact that the anima is going to be outdone handily by the upcoming level cap expansion coming soon anyway- I really don't think it's that big a deal.

And besides, we all know that ilv means absolutely nothing if you play like shit. Why be known for something as superficial as gear when you could better known for being an actually good player (which is ultimately what matters)?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Literally everything in the game is a time sink, with varying degrees of worth. The game exists to waste time.
    And from what I hear raiders saying lately, the raid isn't all that difficult either. Probably takes less time overall to clear for a weapon too, than building a relic (moreso when relic was at a stage when the quests were not nerfed). Guess it depends how lucky/efficient you are.
    The raid was easy but it was still significantly more difficult than any of the content included in the relic quest. By now many of us have accepted that relics will always catch up and eventually surpass the raid weapons, but justifying it by saying that they take equal/similar effort is just bullshit. They don't.

Lest we forget and get too abstract, the relic quests released during Creator (shards -> lights -> victory lap) were an absolute joke and very quick to do, it's not like they continued with the 3.1/3.3 levels of relic timesinks after they eased up the raid. I might be more inclined to agree with you if they had done another step similar to the i240 or i210 ones, but that's not the case.

Yeah, saying the relic "requires absolutely no work" is ridiculous, but you're making ridiculous claims too. Take your best-in-slot weapon for knowing how to use the DF and move on, just don't tell us it's well deserved.

---

This is a little bit of a tangent but I feel like the catch-up systems in XIV honestly go way too far. I would never want to go back to something like Burning Crusade's style of ilevel/power progression, but this game swings in the opposite extreme and that's pretty awful too. Whether it's raiding content or not, whether it rewards ilevel or fluff rewards: short of a couple exceptions, all activities in this game are significantly eased and opened up within a few months of their release. It makes playing XIV as a regular barely feel worth it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think it's more along the lines of, relics isn't really "work" in the same light of preparing and mastering actual content. 99% of Relic is just gathering shit you get naturally while playing and 1% rerunning old dungeons and HARD MODE primals.

Unsync'd at that when possible.

So yeah it takes some effort, but is it really comparison to the work you put into Savage (even if Creator is on the easy side) to be worth the same ilvl or even better (as people seemingly want)?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Of all the fucking things to look at, THAT'S what they identified as the major problem?
    Hoping what they're actually saying is PLD and DRK has no benefits when they're not getting hit by something. The majority of WAR's abilities still have function as an OT. Same cannot be said for the other tanks, especially DRK.

Rules to being a Wizard. 1. Drinking 2. Magic
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ilyena Moerelle
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What do you guys think if they just outright removed relics from the game?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There would be literally no reason to play the game beyond your weeklys/raid if you are not big on crafting and gathering or grinding jobs you'll likely never play.

Rules to being a Wizard. 1. Drinking 2. Magic
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ilyena Moerelle
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There would be literally no reason to play the game beyond your weeklys/raid if you are not big on crafting and gathering or grinding jobs you'll likely never play.
    I guess i should have added a bit more, like do you believe relics are keeping the game afloat. Or if just straight removing them would increase playerbase in extreme/raids. Maybe more content created?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Relics probably aren't doing anything for this game beyond giving raiders something to do on their free days. Any casual raiders who were interested in raiding got scared off from Gordias when it first came out. Finishing their relic is probably the only reason why they would go into savage now. As a person that is very late to getting Creator done, that's what I'm seeing at the moment, especially now that the anima questline is laughable due to all the nerfs.

Extreme modes are very healthy due to farming mounts. Don't think relics will change any of that. Truthfully, a lack of a relic questline wouldn't bother me much. I personally got the PLD one for glamour, as I'm raiding as WAR.