1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dont understand why people upgrade relics in this game in the first place outside of glamour... i mean shit gets outdated basicly every 3 months or less. So i really dont see what the big deal is that this weapon is now better. Relics were bound to be shit anyway after 1-2 months again

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think most of the butthurt was that the relics only lasted 2 weeks or so, rather then even a month or two. But again, I didn't bother putting any time into one so I couldn't care less lol

But yeah I totally agree. This game is purely upward progression as far as gearing goes. So to be upset about better gear coming in and outclassing what you currently have is pretty much a waste of time.

Edit: Can someone explain to me in layman terms just how much of an effect damage/magic damage has on a weapon? I know the biggest deal about these new weapons are that they're like 3 damage higher, but I wanted to quantify just how drastic of an increase that is.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

WDMG is extremely heavy in terms of stat weight. It quite literally bears the greatest influence over your damage/healing output (except for SCH anyway; CHR/Critical Hit Rate tiers matter more for Adlo/Succor).

As an example, Warrior (in Deliverance):

STR: 1.000
    VIT: 1.000
    WD: 27.095
    DET: 0.387
    CRT: 0.546
    SS (Once at 550+ for 9 GCD Berserk/ x3 Fell): 0.350

https://dervyxiv.wordpress.com/stat-weights/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

About half a ring/ear/bracelet or so with WD conversion. Maybe a bit more if you get decent enough secondary stats and are using a non-relic weapon.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Goddamn

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    If they simply needed a carrot they could've handled this so much better, like adding i300 hands or i290 pants... or really any slot except for weapons, because clearly the community cares about their relics. Alternatively they could've used this lull period where apparently "nothing matters" to try actual interesting systems like letting you upgrade the ilevel of all of your current gear, or something even more imaginative like letting you grind out extra effects.

I get that they needed something, I don't get why this was their answer. The devs are absolutely clueless.

I agree with this. Animas/Alex weapons are like Mounts. People show them off, every 2-3 months you get an Anima upgrade, every 6 months you get a new Raid weapon.

The current Anima stage was BiS for 9 days, that doesn't fit the mood of the game. They drag us on a 2 year grind doing out dated content for the chance that during short periods of time this weapon may matter. (like Zeta in 2.5) To have the final weapon last 9 days just doesn't fit the prerogative.

As you said they could have made a final Chest piece with 5 100% meld slots that was i270-280 and received a much better response.

Players would then continue to work on their Animas, continue to farm A12S while having an alternate activity for a BiS body drop.

Then you add that to Diadem 2.0 being shit content and you are left with salt.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

While that would be nice, I think it would short lived. A body piece only is pretty meh for the most part. Instead I would have gone the route of adding upgrade items for 24 man equipment to bring it to 270 and still leave the 265 stuff in there as well. Trade in 265 gear for tokens and allow you to buy upgrade items based on the slot. Enough work to let min/maxers work out their bis, and the casuals catch up and set the goal post closer to bis. SE wouldn't have to design a new set and it would add another progression path.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Considering how difficult/luck based getting a 280 weapon is currently, and what a crapshoot good stats are on it, I think it's not really much of a problem. Everyone initially balked at their entire existence but honestly even if you spammed Diadem all day, emergency missions are rare enough that you might only get a few per day - and getting a weapon from a successfully cleared mission is even less likely.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The real irony is that getting an i280 weapon with optimized stats (so, clearly superior to your customizable relic) on the job you want it for would likely take longer than getting a relic in the first place.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    The real irony is that getting an i280 weapon with optimized stats (so, clearly superior to your customizable relic) on the job you want it for would likely take longer than getting a relic in the first place.
    You also could walk out with a perfect 280 weapon every run for every job as well too after 20 minutes into Diadem thanks to the RNG layercake.

That's part of the overall problem.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It would be really cool if there was a way of using Brass Spoils to get a weapon, and then perhaps have some kind of "merging" functionality in order to improve your stats to a certain limit.

But no, paste in fates and levequests into Diadem, then a low tuned 24 man fight that probably should have been swapped around with Proto Ultima

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    It would be really cool if there was a way of using Brass Spoils to get a weapon, and then perhaps have some kind of "merging" functionality in order to improve your stats to a certain limit.

But no, paste in fates and levequests into Diadem, then a low tuned 24 man fight that probably should have been swapped around with Proto Ultima
    Actually 72man fight where half of the players are unable to do it correctly

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Actually 72man fight where half of the players are unable to do it correctly
    I meant that the fight was designed like a 24 man fight. And the players being unable to do it isn't anything to do with the tuning, its because people in this game are pants on head retarded. Its still tuned to an easy level.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's true. There aren't any complicated mechanics. People just have to do it right and not mess up but that's asking too much.

Well, I shouldn't say that. From personal experience so far, the only times my runs have failed the emergency mission was when there wasn't enough people in the zone to clear.
    As soon as I see the weather change, I start shouting strategy so people don't just rush in and pull everything to the middle. As soon as you ask the parties in the zone to call out a boss element and tell them to focus adds, the rest falls into place pretty neatly. That's been my experience so far. But there is a hugely notable difference in the quality of random Diadem parties between primetime (evening) and late night, as usual, with the good players playing late night and the braindead randos populating primetime.

I can't condemn Derpadem completely, personally. I've been one of the people complaining about the tomestone caps/gear lockouts and how there isn't a feasible way to gear my off-jobs well enough to actually play them. While Diadem is completely random gear-wise, I have been spamming it to try to decently gear up my other jobs. If only the lockboxes became sunburst gear at a slightly higher rate

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I mean the only upgrade to the lockbox system is that my inv isn't flooded with ungodly obsolete ilvl gear. Otherwise it's just a Copy/Paste of the PoTD shit...but even that has a better turn around on gear (glamour.)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

they need to export this appraisal system to potd. it's nice and fast.

potd one is zzz

lol I have like 40 iron potd things that I'm too lazy to appraise...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

2 diadem runs and I've managed to get 6 pieces of gear. 2 I got rid of (1 was worse then what I already had for Drg and 1 was for a job I didn't have leveled), while the other 4 were convenient upgrades to my other classes. So yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with what is ultimately easy, half-hour long content.

Also got my first emergency mission last night. Went pretty smoothly which was nice. One person got a scholar book in our party but that was it. I was mega-jelly as my scholar is still rocking a i210 weapon >_>. I'm sitting at i263 on Drg though, just need to get some time to try and farm Zurvan

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I dont understand why people upgrade relics in this game in the first place outside of glamour... i mean shit gets outdated basicly every 3 months or less. So i really dont see what the big deal is that this weapon is now better. Relics were bound to be shit anyway after 1-2 months again
    Taint covered it already, but content/gear in this game usually has a shelf life of 3 to 7 months, which is very different than a shelf life of 9 days. People are well aware that gear gets replaced, the bitching about gear obsolescence is mainly happening because the expected lifespan of the weapons was cut short significantly: ARR's final relics lasted as BiS for 4 months.

Personally I don't give a fuck about my relic (I don't agree with solo/DFable weapons being BiS to begin with, although that's still better than Diadem) but it really isn't that hard to understand why people are bothered, and I think they have every right to be in this particular case.

Ultimately, and as I've said somewhere else: what I do care about is the fact that shitty boringly mind-numbing content with extremely heavy RNG is housing the uncontested best rewards of the game for the second time just this expansion (that's two out of three content tiers). Personally I don't know if I'd keep on playing (at least as regularly) if it happens again in Stormblood, as I have zero interest in participating in or supporting this type of content.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

There will probably be some media Q&A with hopefully relevant questions and information, but for those that missed/forgot about PAX Q&A, NA didn't let us down once again.

What we learned:
    Master Interior Decorator got a confirmation about a weapon rack/mannequin sometime in 4.x.
    Hyur Male Bunny Outfit is sexy, coming in 4.x at sometime.
    Considering a Diving Log and don't complain if it's tedious/annoying/etc.
    People need to calm down about ilvl280 Diadem weapons and he finds 275 anima better
    Glamour questions per usual
    Someone that got banned asking about getting his account back basically (the silence was awkward and telling when yoshi asked what did he do.)
    Krille outfit in mogstation soon.
    More glamour
    1.0 Shepherd they can't really comment about since it was Tanaka's team, so only a little reference material remain

Relevant info:
    Healer should focus on healing first (yoshida's words)
    NA Datacenter moving/improving, post about it later.
    Enochain changes detailed in KR Liveletter was legit, but they'll talk about it more in detail later.

So all in all, wasted Q&A segment, so awaiting media interviews!