1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah I can attest to Rdms pulling a truckload of hate on my War while leveling, especially compared to other DPS I was playing with (Drg/Sam/Mch: all at the same high skill level). A lot of War's hate "issue" seems to stem from the fact that it doesn't feel like Butcher's Block is worth using that often once you have decent hate established. Storm's Path heals you and doubles the amount of beast gauge you get (and throwing out more inner beasts will make up the potency difference, it feels like), so I found myself really only using a BB combo once at the start of some fights, and for group packs, not really at all. Steel Cyclone and a random Overpower here and there consisted of the majority of my hate-grabbing actions.

I'm not a number cruncher so I haven't factored in how much of a DPS gain/loss it is swapping out more BB's for Path to keep the beast gauge flowing, but considering our 66 passive knocking off infuriate CDs whenever you eat your beast gauge on a big move, I'm playing a mental game to try and stack up as much as I can, which means I'm not focusing on staying horribly out in front of my DPS in actual hate.

Rdms just have a habit of creeping up so on me so much faster than other classes. I haven't tested playing with Brds or Blms yet.

In terms of Wars somehow having shit hate generation? No one should be saying that. If a War wants to keep hate, they can keep hate, but at what cost? We're so used to pushing for a balance between rock-solid hate and as much damage or mitigation as we can get. Its going to take me some time to figure out a sweet spot, and its going to depend on how well-geared I am vs. the mobs I'm fighting.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Think RDMs and SAMs are the only ones with high potency instant attacks with little to no preparation (especially if the players prep before the next pull), so their aggro is a bit out of place? Makes me wonder how later on how all the classes compare. I trust they balance it fine, but these days in dungeons (ARR/HW ones) with just the new jobs as DPS the bosses get shredded down fast.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

We have spent a long time at 60 and got used to it. Right now everyone is at varying levels with varying gear ilvls so there's going to be discrepancies. If there's still a problem when everyone is 70 with roughly the same ilvls then there will be a problem but right now I think it's pretty normal to have certain issues such as these.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's definitely true. The leveling experience was always hectic with new expansions

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thankfully the post game ilv gap isn't anywhere from ilv142 - 180 like it was with HW.

Last dungeon drops i300, you get i290 left side. Cap ilv from tomes is i310 and primals gets you partially towards i320.

Plenary Indulgence is exactly as garbage as we all thought it would be. Bring on the 4.1 job fix.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Think RDMs and SAMs are the only ones with high potency instant attacks with little to no preparation (especially if the players prep before the next pull), so their aggro is a bit out of place? Makes me wonder how later on how all the classes compare. I trust they balance it fine, but these days in dungeons (ARR/HW ones) with just the new jobs as DPS the bosses get shredded down fast.
    BRDs too if they barrage Empyreal in Wardens to Pitch Perfect with Raging up. All oGCD. No idea if that's optimum though but it's a large burst. Also don't know of barrage Empyreal gives 3 stacks of 1 as I'm only 64 right now

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    warriors are ass at keeping it at the low 60s while in dps stance; i've personally died 4 times in dungeons from pulling aggro on single target fights. 63 rdm
    I had no issue holding hate by doing the initial pull in defiance, getting two over powers in. Then switching to deliverance for more AoEs. The bigger issue I had was (and still have in 70 dungeons) is meh healers not being able to keep up with pulls (with VIT accessories). Which is surprising because with rampart now there is ALWAYS a decent CD or two on for a pull. (Miss bloodbath already. . .) With decent healers its np though, seems easier with whms because holy.

Meanwhile on Paladin I'm pulling the world in STR accessories and having no issues dropping shield oath after the pull and a flash or two as long as I have a CD or two up. (No reason to sword oath waste of a GCD and you're just going to be aoeing anywho)

In my experience I'm yo-yoing almost no matter what, not as bad at il300ish granted, but still. And it might be a gear thing again but I can almost feel the lack of AoE this Expac.

I think I just ran Fist of the Monk with one of you, a BLM whose name is familiar, if so I apologise for losing aggro once or twice, but hey at least that means you're doing good.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Dunno if it's necessarily all the healers' fault, tanks are getting hit harder currently because of the stat scaling. PLDs will be getting wrecked because their block strength takes a nose dive every time the level cap increases. From 25-28% back down to like 14% blocks until they get a high item level shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Dunno if it's necessarily all the healers' fault, tanks are getting hit harder currently because of the stat scaling. PLDs will be getting wrecked because their block strength takes a nose dive every time the level cap increases. From 25-28% back down to like 14% blocks until they get a high item level shield.
    Well if the tank doesn't manage CDs it'd be the tanks fault, if the healer runs out of MP then you're pulling more than your group can DPS. But if the healer just isn't reacting or getting greedy with their dps, it's the heal. I've noticed more often than not I'd have to baby healers with one to two groups with full defiance.

Is BLM the new signifier for 'great aoe' the same way SMN was? I heard Thunder IV was great, Flare is still nerfed but eh.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Well if the tank doesn't manage CDs it'd be the tanks fault, if the healer runs out of MP then you're pulling more than your group can DPS. But if the healer just isn't reacting or getting greedy with their dps, it's the heal. I've noticed more often than not I'd have to baby healers with one to two groups with full defiance.
    My experience with healing on the way up (lv66 currently) is that tanks are getting hit really fucking hard. Part of it is chilling in lv60 gear while everyone blitzes through the storyline and part of it is no doubt the stat scaling. Healers really need to focus mainly on healing for the moment. I expect it will change somewhat at 70 and go back to the old status quo of throwing some regens and dpsing the rest of the time, but for now tanks and healers probably both need to be on their game as far as reacting with swiftness. Playing like you did at 60 is basically a mistake.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I take it easy with Schs, since they got ganked by SE.

I love that darkside isnt draining my mp. Really hated that mechanic. RIP unleash, Reprisal, shadowskin, Blood price.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    My experience with healing on the way up (lv66 currently) is that tanks are getting hit really fucking hard. Part of it is chilling in lv60 gear while everyone blitzes through the storyline and part of it is no doubt the stat scaling. Healers really need to focus mainly on healing for the moment. I expect it will change somewhat at 70 and go back to the old status quo of throwing some regens and dpsing the rest of the time, but for now tanks and healers probably both need to be on their game as far as reacting with swiftness. Playing like you did at 60 is basically a mistake.
    As a healer, I've been loving it. I'm hoping they keep the damage this high (or higher!) for all of 4.x

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

As a RDM, I can pretty much say that if I don't use Diversion, I pretty much take aggro instantly because I'm dumping 1,620 Potency within the first 6 seconds of the pull. (Hardcast Veraero > Dualcasted Verthunder > Swiftcasted VerAero (Fleche/Contre). If I have a full balance gauge it's even more because it's 970 for the Enchanted Combo, plus 550 for the Verflare/Verholy. Then you just need to get 40/40 for manafication for another Enchanted combo. RDM has some pretty insane burst if prepped.

sam seems pretty good at AoE as well, assuming you can keep your tp up. they have a branching conal move that goes to two seperate AoEs ws centered on sam, which then fills two iai strike orbs for the conal attack from that. it's no blm but the potencies are pretty good for a melee.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

All I know is that Whms have unlimited MP in dungeons regardless of how much they curebomb or DPS.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Haven't played whm yet, is there a joke reason for saying that? I don't run out of mp on AST either because managing mp is easy but like... do people usually run out of mp?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As a Sch I do sometimes. Really struggled in Doma. Although I might have been a little undergeared since I have been doing quests on smn and grabbing most of gear for it