1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'd say save your judgements and concerns about MP once people are maxed gear 310 and running susano and lakshmi. Really hard to call it right now with most people running white gear in dungeons and getting the shit kicked out of them due to such lacking defense.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I'd say save your judgements and concerns about MP once people are maxed gear 310 and running susano and lakshmi. Really hard to call it right now with most people running white gear in dungeons and getting the shit kicked out of them due to such lacking defense.
    BUT IT'S HQ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Haven't played whm yet, is there a joke reason for saying that? I don't run out of mp on AST either because managing mp is easy but like... do people usually run out of mp?
    I do when tanks pull Ala Mihgo ect like they're in Sohm Al HM.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there a different type of hunt seals at 70, or are we still using Centurio seals?
    And are Centurio seals used for anything besides fluff (mount speed, orchestrion, etc.)?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Is there a different type of hunt seals at 70, or are we still using Centurio seals?
    And are Centurio seals used for anything besides fluff (mount speed, orchestrion, etc.)?
    T6 materia for 400 each

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    You also get T6 from trading in Cracked Clusters and Crystals (A/S Ranks SB zones) to the Goblins in Reach or Idleshire (I think, maybe only Reach though.) Ala Mhigo dungeon also drops V/VI.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just out of curiosty, does anyone know if there is anything special about the giant Jenga block tower in The Ruby Sea? I don't remember anything like that in any kind of FF lore, unless it escapes my memory. But it stands out pretty hard, I'm wondering if they will do something with it later in Stormblood.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From what I heard, it's supposedly going to be the new PotD, but I cannot confirm nor deny that outright.

Edit: Just pure speculation online I should point out.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So there was a live letter this morning? Didn't even know lol. Anyway here are the questions and answers. Goes over some job changes that are on the way and also has a bunch of stupid pointless questions too, as is tradition

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Update-Thread

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hmm..I don't like that they wanna remove the heat reduction from Reload, I actually used that strategically <.<

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok so because tenacity is so useful, and we don't want players trying to stack it, we'll keep on bottlenecking it.

Ninja
    - Potency for Gust Slash will be reduced. The reason for this is because the players found a stronger skill rotation than those the dev. team was using while making adjustments.

So because the players are miles better than the dev team at their own game, let's punish all nins.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    So because the players are miles better than the dev team at their own game, let's punish all nins.

Maybe.. no.. it couldn't be...
    Spoiler: show

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

I mean, NIN has pretty fucking strong DPS for the amount of utilty it brings. DRG in comparison is way weaker both personal and raid support dps wise (though live letter recently voiced some alleviation for this).

I think a little nerf was honestly warranted. It's certainly not enough to take NiN away from it's high desirable position so... what's the problem exactly?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nin keeps all of its utility and deals slightly less of its own damage. Fine for everyone. I'm glad they took it out of gust slash, a move that you aren't expecting to see huge numbers out of anyway.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All good points, but it's way their reasoning was written the irked me. It's like they are saying(to me) if we do better than them, they'll make changes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NINs are doing better than they expected and are getting adjusted, I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Is it silly that they didn't figure this out from testing? Yes, but it's not even the only thing so le'ts move on. PLDs are in a similar boat given their comment on Holy Spirit but I don't see that being pointed out.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Hmm..I don't like that they wanna remove the heat reduction from Reload, I actually used that strategically <.<
    It makes it really annoying to recover if you're in a situation where you use Barrel Stabilizer with 3 ammo, use a WS, and Quick Reload comes off CD so you hit it while autopiloting. Then you're stuck at 40 heat with 3 ammo, which means you're 5 WSes away from heat trait getting back up. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

That said, the changes they announced are going to make heat management even more unbearable from 52-61, but low level doesn't matter so eh.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    I mean, NIN has pretty fucking strong DPS for the amount of utilty it brings. DRG in comparison is way weaker both personal and raid support dps wise (though live letter recently voiced some alleviation for this).

I think a little nerf was honestly warranted. It's certainly not enough to take NiN away from it's high desirable position so... what's the problem exactly?
    Prolly gonna nerf Gust Slash down to about 180~200 and call it a day. It's not rocket science to weave oGCDs into SF > AE > AE rotation, lol. NIN is in a good position.

I have a feeling they gonna slap PLD on the nose hard though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I wish they'd just nerf the damage of Holy Spirit itself instead of casting or recasting time. The rotation is perfect as is