1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Holy fuck these job adjustments

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

4.05 Patch notes
    PLDs got their wish and Holy Spirit is only getting a potency nerf.
    SMNs got at least one wish fulfilled that if Bane doesn't hit something it still counts towards Bahamut.

Overall the changes are a good step forward MUH AST GOT NERFED NOOOOOO (spear is a beast now though)

Plenary Indulgence is still a hot pile of shit though

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

`PI is basically just a small boost to medica's potency every 60 seconds. Pretty meh. Better than before at least.

The WAR changes though... fuck me. Stance Dancing will be fluid again. Path being at the same potency as Eye is great since not only will that increase DPS over time since Path is now the primary combo, it will also increase self sustain a tiny bit. The other things, aka removal of cost for unchained/inner release and adding HP drain to Steel Cyclone, were unexpected. Cost removal for those two (mostly Inner Release since Unchained is shit in comparison) saves 3 GCDs per IR rotation and evens out to giving us another Cleave, and the sustain added to Steel Cyclone is some delicious icing to help make up for the loss of Bloodbath (tho only a little, will still not be nearly as good).

Am happy.

edit: actually, probably doesn't give an extra cleave since you'd be left with 25 wrath at the end of Berserk/IR. need a 10th GCD during those 20 seconds to get the 7th cleave out.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Prolly gonna nerf Gust Slash down to about 180~200 and call it a day. It's not rocket science to weave oGCDs into SF > AE > AE rotation, lol. NIN is in a good position.

I have a feeling they gonna slap PLD on the nose hard though.
    Gust Slash Combo potency reduced from 220 to 200.
    Lol. They didn't slap PLD down hard like I thought however. All is well.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The strength attribute has been added to tank accessories at item level 290 and above.

* The effects of materia affixed to accessories prior to patch 4.05 will not be diminished.
    potentially worrying. i read this as, if you didn't have STR melded prior to 4.05, your materia effects will not be reduced. however, if you didn't meld VIT accessories previously, and for future accessories, the STR cap is going to be so low that materia won't give their full effect. sure hope it's just an awkward translation.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SCH PvP:

Broil Cast time reduced from 1.8 to 1.3 seconds.
    The aditional effect "Reduces target's MP by 1,000 and TP by 100" has been changed to "Aetherflow."

If this is accurate, I am now the mayor of Lustrate City. It sounds like a mistranslation, though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Drg changes are nice. Adding some potency, decreasing some animation lock, and adding a timer increase to BotD when using Sonic Thrust is super fucking handy when mowing down mobs with AoE during big pulls. Can actually keep BotD up and use Geirskogul/Nastrond to help with AoE damage. So yeah, big convenient change for speed running shit.

That being said, keeping Nastrond's potency the same and keeping the requirement at 4 eyes is lame as fuck. That's honestly the biggest problem, just how long it takes to even activate LotD and get some uses out of it. At least the upkeep of BotD will be somewhat easier now.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The SCH PvE changes are also impressive. Excogitation is now a fulltime 800pot buff (45 sec duration, 45 sec recast, which matches new traited Aetherflow recast). Indomitability got 25% better! I'm guessing Miasma II is an AoE attack? I honestly have no idea.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It was a low potency AoE before Stormblood, akin to Blizzard 2, with an also low-potency DoT attached. Was actually worse to use than Blizzard 2 a lot of the time. Hopefully it has seen adjustments.

40STR per 320 fending accessory.
    41 per 330. lol...
    42 340

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those SCH adjustments are indeed nice. Well except for Emergency Tactics but w/e, recast reduction is good to have despite the skill being extremely limited. Holy AST nerfs though lol (except Spear, yay!). I guess that favors SCH/AST sinergy?
    I highly doubt Miasma II alone will change much in terms of SCH's AoE issues unless it has been changed from HW (meaning buffed like crazy).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Miasma II: 100pot + 25pot for 12 seconds. 1680MP.

So 200 potency after 12 seconds for a little less than the cost of Gravity. Meh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well it's an upgrade if you add Bane and Shadow Flare. Doesn't change Broil II spam but it's something.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, WAR is looking pretty good I think. DRK got boring changes.

I'm curious what it is about SMN that it gets messed with by SE so much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SMN shares its basic pool of skills with SCH, that's what messes things up. I know they're planning to get rid of classes and separate the two in 5.0 but god, just do it already! In this expansion both jobs got screwed over hard because of this.
    And they even have a good idea on what SCH could be given its PVP iteration so I don't know what the hold up is...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So new WAR Berserk bursts:

Code:
    Start: 100 Gauge, Preloaded Maim
    1: Fell Cleave (75)
    2: Fell Cleave (50)
    3: Infuriate + Fell Cleave (75)
    4: Maim (85)
    5: Fell Cleave (60)
    6: Storm's Path (80)
    7: Fell Cleave (55)
    8: Fell Cleave (30)
    9: Fell Cleave (5)
    Code:
    With Upheaval:
    Start: 100 Gauge, Preloaded Maim
    1: Fell Cleave + Upheaval (65)
    2: Fell Cleave (40)
    3: Infuriate + Maim (100)
    4: Fell Cleave (75)
    5: Storm's Path (95)
    6: Fell Cleave (70)
    7: Fell Cleave (45)
    8: Fell Cleave (20)
    9: ¯\(ツ)/¯
    2 is still the better choice since that extra cleave in 1 is a DPS loss. You get more out of the extra Upheaval as a result of the leftover 20 gauge in #2, overall around a 100 potency net loss to go for the 7th Cleave.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Still think it's kinda funny they did everything except the one thing that would have benefited WAR the most (outside of removing the gauge halving), unlinking Unchained and Inner Release.

Holy Spirit nerf is still stupid but in the grand scheme of things PLD's potency/GCD is high enough to withstand it so if that satisfies SE then whatever.

Pretty funny they didn't even touch MNK though. BLM changes look pretty nice, if a little subtle.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Well it's an upgrade if you add Bane and Shadow Flare. Doesn't change Broil II spam but it's something.
    If there are more than 2 targets then it's an upgrade from 230pot Broil II spam (with a bit of DoT in case you need to skip a GCD to heal), although it's going to terrorize your MP pool.

---

I checked in PvP and Broil does indeed give a stack of AF per cast. Given that AF actions reduce AF recast by 5 sec (in both PvP and PvE now), PvP SCH should be a mana fountain; rather than casting Physick to conserve MP, I can just cast Broil + Lustrate and speed up next AF in the process.

I will miss harassing opponents by Broiling away their MP/TP, though.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Where's that new music at?!
    (I assume it's the Neo Exdeath theme that was said to be hiding in the files?)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Loving SCH's PVE changes, but I detest the PVP change. Broil was essentially the anti-life equation: the one thing keeping Pld/Drk from going crazy unchecked in the back lines, and the biggest counter to other invincible healers in feast matches. Without the tp/mp drain, its going to be far too easy to just stack brd/blm/mch behind pld/drk with an unkillable set of healers.

Ranked 4v4's is going to be hilarious now. If you aren't bursting a healer down through the incredibly short stun >> silence CC window, they'll never die, as there is literally 0 reason for any of the 3 healers to now run out of MP. At least spamming broil burned away a Sch's MP. The heals certainly don't.

That said, the other changes are very good. Nin got a fair nerf in about the best spot they could have asked for, allowing them full access to their openers and enmity transfer. Pld keeps its comfortable rotation without clipping. War can stance dance again and gets some AOE sustain for trash packs in dungeons, and will lose some of those awkward situations where they're having 7 fucking beast gauge in a fight.

I'm gonna have to test the hell out of feast now. Sch never needed more aetherflow stacks in PVP; it was literally the counter to the most annoying jobs out there (aside from brd/mch). That role was more than enough, especially when paired with another healer who can take over healing duties while the sch punished tanks and other healers for poor positioning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So aside them nerfing Astro Cards and making balance the new lolcard, is SCH buffed enough to be actually good again? Because it was extremely underwhelming at 70

I don't even get the point of using balance now since when its spread your looking at a 2.5% dmg increase? meh.
    Translation notes make it look like bole is up to 20% but i assume that was a mistranslation and it was really reduced from 20% to now 10%. (I honestly forgot how much dmg reduction it provided)